DUFC v QOTS

Need to get back to winning ways in this one after the last 2 dire performances. Last time we last 2 on the bounce we then went unbeaten for 14, same again please. Hopefully we dont see the 4-3-2-1 formation that started the last game and go back to 4-2-3-1. Would bring Tope in for this (despite the fact hes pretty pish) and spend this weeks training telling him to kick the ball past the full back and then run like f**k and would be tempted to try Murray on the other side with similar instructions. Desperately need to bring some pace into the side.

Bell

VDS (if fit) Durnan Edge Dixon

Flood Telfer

Murray Andreu Tope

Mikkleson

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our credible opening day draw seems a long time ago now. Yesterday's win and perhaps some more new faces mean we can travel with a bit of hope, if not expectation.

I'm in hospitality for this so I'm really looking forward to it.

I just don't get the unrelenting hatred for obadeyi which some united fans have, when he came on the other night, it was the only time we ever got anything near a goal scoring opportunity. If he's put out wide and told to use his pace and whip balls in I reckon we could have some success.

12 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Our credible opening day draw seems a long time ago now. Yesterday's win and perhaps some more new faces mean we can travel with a bit of hope, if not expectation.

I'm in hospitality for this so I'm really looking forward to it.

Another draw would be marvellous. Don`t see it though as you suggest yesterday`s result with have provided a boost.

McKinnon will be stubborn with Toshney at fullback IMO. You see it quite often with managers who obviously just settle into a habit and refuse to get out of it (I think he sees Toshney as one of his faves). Wouldn't be surprised to see Dixon keep his place too (even though he shouldn't). 

For me the team I would like to see (if everyone was fit apart from VDS) - 

Bell

Dillon

Durnan

Edge

Robson

Flood

Telfer

Tope

Andreu

Fraser

Mikkelson

The actual team will possibly be - 

Bell

Toshney

Durnan

Edge

Dixon

Flood 

Murdoch

Spittal

Andreu

Fraser

Mikkelson

13 hours ago, stumigoo said:

McKinnon will be stubborn with Toshney at fullback IMO. You see it quite often with managers who obviously just settle into a habit and refuse to get out of it (I think he sees Toshney as one of his faves). Wouldn't be surprised to see Dixon keep his place too (even though he shouldn't). 

Bell

Dillon

Durnan

Edge

Robson

Flood

Telfer

Tope

Andreu

Fraser

Mikkelson

Bell

Toshney

Durnan

Edge

Dixon

Flood 

Murdoch

Spittal

Andreu

Fraser

Mikkelson

We have a chance of some goals here if that's the team, looks like a lot of spaces left to exploit.;-) 

Would like to see something like this.

Bell

VDS (if fit) Durnan Edge Dixon

Tope  Flood Andreu Robson

Mikkleson Murray

Ideally another actual winger would be starting but Robson should do a decent job at this level. Murray would run about all day and that would create space for the new lad up front, who in turn may knock the ball down to Murray.     

Team will probably be 

Bell
Toshney Durnan Edge Dixon
               Flood Telfer
     Fraser Andreau Obadeyi
                Mikkleson

20 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I'd agree with all of that other than the Obadeyi thing which is batshit mental.  There are other options there, I'd even play Robson in that position ahead of Obadeyi.

I thought Obadeyi looked one of Utd's more dangerous players in the 25 mins or so he got at the Rock on Hogmanay. This included one epic 60yd run in which he breezed past 2 or 3 of our defenders (no end product though).

Your team looked a touch one-paced and stagnant without him.

1 hour ago, Consolidate said:

I thought Obadeyi looked one of Utd's more dangerous players in the 25 mins or so he got at the Rock on Hogmanay. This included one epic 60yd run in which he breezed past 2 or 3 of our defenders (no end product though).

Your team looked a touch one-paced and stagnant without him.

You may be right but I am reluctant to judge a player based on one good (or equally on one bad) performance.  He's played in a number of games this season and has been guff; I think there are better options.

On 08/01/2017 at 19:48, stumigoo said:

Bell

Dillon

Durnan

Edge

Robson

Flood

Telfer

Tope

Andreu

Fraser

Mikkelson

Bell

Toshney

Durnan

Edge

Dixon

Flood 

Murdoch

Spittal

Andreu

Fraser

Mikkelson

Your first team there is spot on. As is your assertion that it will never happen.

7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

You may be right but I am reluctant to judge a player based on one good (or equally on one bad) performance.  He's played in a number of games this season and has been guff; I think there are better options.

He's played a number of those games as a lone striker, though. Obviously not his natural position. He's had some shockers out wide too admittedly, but also some decent performances (two Easter Road games we looked better when he came on). Pace wise, we have no better options. 

I'd be starting Tope ahead of Spittal every week. Spittal is incredibly bland, at least Tope is a bit more unpredictable and can offer a direct out ball. We are a pretty predictable team at the moment and I'd rather have an unpredictable pace merchant over an average wide midfielder every week.

I just don't get the unrelenting hatred for obadeyi which some united fans have, when he came on the other night, it was the only time we ever got anything near a goal scoring opportunity. If he's put out wide and told to use his pace and whip balls in I reckon we could have some success.

Pisses me off Ray doesn't always play him on the wing, he's not useful If we play him up top. I don't hate him anyway I'm frustrated he's not done better here though, had high hopes for him.

Archived