Bsc Glasgow

bpek

10 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Is this a similar scenario to MK Dons and Wimbledon then? 

One team stealing another's place with a totally different identity.

Are they gonnae be able to compete like the old BSC in the league or will they be struggling near bottom?

I don't think there's a particularly good comparison. Maybe more in line with Clydebank juniors rebirth happening at the same time the professional team were clinging to their SFL status playing wherever they could.

There's been a high turnover in their squad. They still seem to be operating in the same type of market for replacements. Certainly wouldn't see them bottoming out. Even with a bad season they should still end up in the top half of the table.

20 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Are they gonnae be able to compete like the old BSC in the league or will they be struggling near bottom?

This could give Marshy a heart attack if they end up piss poor and keep his beloved Vale up.Red dot and rage incoming :lol:

Wtf has happened to Jerry Maguire? Always  Had plenty previous to say aboot all things LL.

I assumed Jerry was busy combing old Pro Evo games to find the new Broomhill badge. 

I don't think it's similar to the MK Dons thing - the new BSC will be at a ground in Glasgow that won't be licensed for the LL anyway (less of a concern for them if they are genuinely just looking for get young players game time), so Broomhill haven't really stolen their spot. 

They've signed some decent players, while I don't think they'll win the league they won't fall below mid-table, unlikely to be far from the top 4 if they are out of it at all.

54 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

This could give Marshy a heart attack if they end up piss poor and keep his beloved Vale up.Red dot and rage incoming :lol:

Wtf has happened to Jerry Maguire? Always  Had plenty previous to say aboot all things LL.

Would far rather Trigger's Broomhill went down than Vale of Leithen. 

Broomhill will still be top 4 next season.
Tough one to predict.

Pensioner XI and Gladiators FC to finish 1-2

Bonnyrigg Rose, The Shire, Broomhill FC, Bo'ness Athletic and Berwick Rangers to fill the next spots (possibly watp colts or hh colts too?)

Apparently Berwick think they'll win it.

Easy to predict - VOL 17th and bottom

Tough one to predict.

Bonnyrigg Rose, The Shire, Broomhill FC, Bo'ness Athletic and Berwick Rangers to fill the next spots (possibly watp colts or hh colts too?)

VoL both 17th and bottom? That's impressive.

Just now, selfassemblyshire said:

I've just realised my error.

Presuming the 2 colts finish below them they'd still go down?

Anyway it is their time to go

Yes, there are only 2 scenarios that can save them if they finish bottom (excluding colts): no licensed tier 6 champions or either Forfar or Elgin getting relegated from League 2 & the LL champions getting promoted. Both seem highly unlikely to me.

6 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

“his beloved Vale”?? Mallo’s a Pollock Joonyurz regular and his stories of attending Falkirk games are all jackanory. 

On 04/07/2021 at 19:41, selfassemblyshire said:

Tough one to predict.

How did they get promoted?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you weren't just being an arse.  If you were, I'd have to start referring to West Stirlingshire as your club.

How did they get promoted?
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you weren't just being an arse.  If you were, I'd have to start referring to West Stirlingshire as your club.
But geographically we're as East in Stirlingshire as you can go [emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102]

So they're wee Bo'ness then?

On 04/07/2021 at 23:02, Marten said:

Yes, there are only 2 scenarios that can save them if they finish bottom (excluding colts): no licensed tier 6 champions or either Forfar or Elgin getting relegated from League 2 & the LL champions getting promoted. Both seem highly unlikely to me.

Also the most likely outcome which is the Lowland League changing the rules again to save them.