Bsc Glasgow

bpek

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The entire post is about their options when leaving Maryhill for what would end up being Alloa. Which happened in 2016.

Ok, I'll give you that. It doesn't change the fact they've had 5 years to come up with something better.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Ok, I'll give you that. It doesn't change the fact they've had 5 years to come up with something better.

Alloa was only meant to be for a couple of years. They've clearly underestimated the difficulty of finding something permanent near Glasgow. Which is what they seem to be holding out for, as why trade the relative security of Alloa for another short term tenancy that could end badly like Maryhill. I wonder if they have some hopes on getting in at Little Hampden.

I'm curious to see what the WoSFL BSC Glasgow have lined up. Since I don't think Springburn is suitable for the West's ground criteria.

There's maybe been a missed opportunity with Petershill since Partick Thistle or The Thistle Weir Academy took over the lease from Glasgow Life. With BSC's youth links and professional side they could have made the same sort of offer.

On 21/06/2021 at 14:46, FairWeatherFan said:

Alloa was only meant to be for a couple of years. They've clearly underestimated the difficulty of finding something permanent near Glasgow. Which is what they seem to be holding out for, as why trade the relative security of Alloa for another short term tenancy that could end badly like Maryhill. I wonder if they have some hopes on getting in at Little Hampden.

I'm curious to see what the WoSFL BSC Glasgow have lined up. Since I don't think Springburn is suitable for the West's ground criteria.

There's maybe been a missed opportunity with Petershill since Partick Thistle or The Thistle Weir Academy took over the lease from Glasgow Life. With BSC's youth links and professional side they could have made the same sort of offer.

I don't think we'll ever agree. However, can you stop saying Little Hampden?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

13 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I don't want think we'll ever agree. However, can you stop saying Little Hampden?

I haven't really given an opinion on it, only understood the actions they've taken.

They never should have gotten into the League in first place while using Ashfield as the basis for their application. The blame for everything that follows falls on both the league and the club.

I don't understand why they care so much about getting back to Glasgow now. Any attachment folk from Broomhill and surrounding areas would have had was through the youth club. They don't even have that anymore. The club's more Clackmannanshire than Glasgow at this point. Time for them to find a youth club in Tullibody to cling to.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

Is it too far fetched to think they end up with some official tie in with Rangers?

Something on the spectrum between a player pathway agreement and calling themselves RSC Glasgow playing out of Ibrox in blue kits with a mix of Rangers youhs and maxing out the loan arrangements?

Maybe that's why they are confident the Colts will only be for one season.

Edited by invergowrie arab

1bd4971d195b5fd241818a2958909f45.gif.44b604faea0e00881374f23a120a9ceb.gif

If the scotstoun chat dosent draw jerry back to the thread, nothing will.
Shame as he was a decent poster and one of the good guys on here. Never agreed with him on all topics but he was always up for a debate and always backed his club to the hilt.
Get your arse back on jerry.

2 hours ago, calmac25 said:

Any one know what the hold up is with announcing a name? Seem to be signing players so they must know who they are registered to?

im guessing they will still be BSC Glasgow as thats whats on the website. I would doubt they'd be able to change there name now

20 minutes ago, yessiricanboogie said:

im guessing they will still be BSC Glasgow as thats whats on the website. I would doubt they'd be able to change there name now

It appears to be coming soon. They've by and large moved away from it as much as they can without announcing the new name. No longer using the logo etc. I don't think they've played a friendly yet. I would hazard a guess when they do it will be under the new name and kit.

Half joking, half serious. I would have tried to get in touch with Red Bull.

If it hadn't been for the fact they already sponsor Port Glasgow. They could have went the Scottish red bull route of a tie up with Dragon Soop.

Just think of the can inspired kits! They'd have racked in more money from sales than Loch Ness & Glasgow Wellington combined.

image.png.5b1c5056cdcf42dfc31c1768e3cfe0a6.png

Will they still play their games at Alloa ?

Out of interest how much of a crowd do they get for home games? I'm guessing the short history and nomadic existence must make it hard to have a strong support.