Bsc Glasgow

bpek

I wonder if it's too much to expect that a thread entitled BSC would be more for discussion between BSC fans than, as it seems, attracting a vast predominance of ranting haters. All views welcome of course (to a point), but might the typical social media trend of trolling bile from the 'we're all entitled to our opinion' brigade perhaps put folks off looking for genuine discussion of THEIR teams affairs. Berwick thread's the same. Bo'ness thread has good chat; but no doubt it'll become fair game at some point for the f**ckwiteratti, largely not even supporters of SLFL clubs who's views wouldn't be missed.

Westerton are a Bearsden team and have been around for years. I played against them as a kid back in the late 90s at Boclair Academy.

Naewhere wants BSC lets be honest. Genuinely more value in having a weans team with a community ethos like a Westerton over this lot nevermind a genuine professional football team with a fanbase and a stadium.

Dare I say when Georgie boy works his meal ticket to somewhere else will any c**t even be arsed about taking over from him to run a club with no value? Who is bankrolling this shambles?

1 minute ago, A Believer said:

I wonder if it's too much to expect that a thread entitled BSC would be more for discussion between BSC fans than, as it seems, attracting a vast predominance of ranting haters. All views welcome of course (to a point), but might the typical social media trend of trolling bile from the 'we're all entitled to our opinion' brigade perhaps put folks off looking for genuine discussion of THEIR teams affairs. Berwick thread's the same. Bo'ness thread has good chat; but no doubt it'll become fair game at some point for the f**ckwiteratti, largely not even supporters of SLFL clubs who's views wouldn't be missed.

An open forum doesn't seem to be the place for you. There's clear implications for the structure and Governance of non-league football in the split between the two BSC clubs.

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

An open forum doesn't seem to be the place for you. There's clear implications for the structure and Governance of non-league football in the split between the two BSC clubs.

Quite a few of the LL cartel react that way when any "outsider" posts in this bit of the forum. They seem to think it's a closed WhatsApp group.

22 minutes ago, A Believer said:

I wonder if it's too much to expect that a thread entitled BSC would be more for discussion between BSC fans than, as it seems, attracting a vast predominance of ranting haters. 

Fans of what exactly? No ground, no fixed catchment area, barely a club, much of the squad just hitched up and lifted wholesale to Stenhousemuir. Special K has got more of a diehard following than this joke outfit.

Other than the fat loser who tried to grass Morton to the SFA for holding a friendly while his own stupid outfit couldn't play, I can't think of anyone who would be perturbed if this mob folded or were expelled from the league system tomorrow. 

37 minutes ago, A Believer said:

Aye. It's everyone else who're the "ranting haters".

Edited by Gordon EF

43 minutes ago, A Believer said:

I deeply apologise. I thought i was posting in the BSC Glasgow thread, not the BSC Glasgow thread. 

I'd thought Vale of Leven and Vale of Leithen could be tricky, but at least when written down there's no confusion. 

26 minutes ago, virginton said:

Fans of what exactly? No ground, no fixed catchment area, barely a club, much of the squad just hitched up and lifted wholesale to Stenhousemuir. Special K has got more of a diehard following than this joke outfit.

Other than the fat loser who tried to grass Morton to the SFA for holding a friendly while his own stupid outfit couldn't play, I can't think of anyone who would be perturbed if this mob folded or were expelled from the league system tomorrow. 

What's the story here? 

16 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

What's the story here? 

Morton organised a friendly between our jobber players on the fringes of the squad against some non-league outfit back in February/March time. Some fat BSC loser then went squealing all over Twitter about the injustice of his beloved franchise not being allowed to play, while The Famous were organising bounce matches against similar opposition. It just so happened that the SFA then charged the club with holding an unauthorised fixture, without any link at all of course. 

Outcome: the SFA gave the establishment club of Scottish football a slap on the wrist instead of the hammering by the beaks!!11!! that Keith Jackson boldly predicted, and now BSC are being rightly punished with complete Implosion. 

prR94XIUo8nI.gif.6fd891fbfe5655eac7dff5e9482c903f.gif

Edited by vikingTON

49 minutes ago, virginton said:

I can't think of anyone who would be perturbed if this mob folded or were expelled from the league system tomorrow. 

Craig Mulholland, Stewart Robertson, the 3rd Rangers guy and the celtic ones where their names escape me. 

They were over the moon BSC were around to invite their kids to the party. 

What Car Sales is it that sits opposite Westerton Train Station, is it Porsche or Ferrari? Been annoying me since I saw Westerton mentioned on the WOSFL forum.

I live there and I'm trying to work out what you're referring to. The canal is on one side and there's flats on the other.

If the actual BSC Glasgow sports club is no longer attached to the Alloa Nomads, does that have any implications for the latter's SFA license (and by extension their place in the Lowland League)? Do they still meet all of the governance criteria if they no longer have a connection to the youth system etc?

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

If the actual BSC Glasgow sports club is no longer attached to the Alloa Nomads, does that have any implications for the latter's SFA license (and by extension their place in the Lowland League)? Do they still meet all of the governance criteria if they no longer have a connection to the youth system etc?

Youth system isn’t a requirement for an entry license.  And given there’s seems frustration about the lack of link between the boys teams and the first teams I doubt the Alloa club used coaches etc from the youth side to meet other requirements .  The rat will find a way of making sure they still comply, with possible a few bits of paperwork needing minimal effort.

Again - how are they funded ? It must be reliant on one Or a group of individuals bank rolling them. They literally have no income stream apart from the standard SFA hand out and occasional away support.

Now with no attachment to the youth club I just cannot see how they are going to be sustainable

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I live there and I'm trying to work out what you're referring to. The canal is on one side and there's flats on the other.

It might not be there anymore but when travelling into Glasgow from Singer when I lived in Clydebank, there was a Car Showroom that sat to the left of the station. No idea why it popped into my head but it was bugging me what it was as it was so unusual to see a Dealership for that brand.

4 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

It might not be there anymore but when travelling into Glasgow from Singer when I lived in Clydebank, there was a Car Showroom that sat to the left of the station. No idea why it popped into my head but it was bugging me what it was as it was so unusual to see a Dealership for that brand.

It's gone now - if I'm remembering right I think where it previously stood is now an old folks' home.