Bsc Glasgow

bpek

8 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

I've defended them in the past but this is just taking the piss.

At this point they've managed to drop below Edusport Academy / Caledonian Braves in my estimation . At least Edusport had a plan and have stuck to it. 

No clue what BSCGFC is now. No youth link, no home, they're just there. All while dragging the OF Colts into the pyramid. 

12 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

I've defended them in the past but this is just taking the piss.

I really don’t see why people are getting their knickers in a twist over this. In what way does it affect anyone, live and let live. Scottish football is full of naysayers at the moment, do we really need to bother about this?? 

I am away to watch Eurovision to cheer myself up. 😀😀

1 hour ago, Big Dougie said:

I love the fact that they wind so many people up, more power to their elbow I say. 😃😃

Did they not also dump your team out of the Scottish a couple of seasons back?

#Monthenonleague

Didn't say East Fife weren't above being beaten by a farce of a club every now and again.

43 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

I really don’t see why people are getting their knickers in a twist over this. In what way does it affect anyone, live and let live. Scottish football is full of naysayers at the moment, do we really need to bother about this?? 

I am away to watch Eurovision to cheer myself up. 😀😀

Theyve live and let lived falsely for the past few seasons then, kidding us all on that there will be a place in Glasgow for them. 

Should've read the signs way back then. Dont have a problem wi  playing out Alloa but least take the Glasgow name away and try rebuild something. 

What's happened has there been some sort of fall oot ? 

18 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Theyve live and let lived falsely for the past few seasons then, kidding us all on that there will be a place in Glasgow for them. 

Should've read the signs way back then. Dont have a problem wi  playing out Alloa but least take the Glasgow name away and try rebuild something. 

What's happened has there been some sort of fall oot ? 

To be honest mate, I only have a 2nd hand knowledge of anything that goes on (through a player), but it doesn’t stretch as far as knowing what has caused this. The only thing  I can say is that I don’t think it’s for the want of trying that they aren’t in Glasgow.

Edited by Big Dougie

18 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Didn't say East Fife weren't above being beaten by a farce of a club every now and again.

Let go of your hate, I know it’s driven by the Colts thing, but you really need to de-stress, you will feel better for it. 😉😀

14 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

In what respect? 

I think its a genuine question in this instance. They were a youth sports club turned pro looking to represent their "community". They only ended up in Alloa by quirk of licensing after Ashfield & Maryhill never stuck. 

Their "community" has now cut ties with the pro club. Admitting the difficulty in getting a licensed ground in Glasgow and that the pros have gone past being a player pathway for the youth club. 

So what's the goal of BSCGFC now? Get back to anywhere in Glasgow that will take them? Stay in Alloa? Do a Caledonian Braves and build a ground wherever they can get land? More immediately is a change of name coming for 2021-22?

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think its a genuine question in this instance. They were a youth sports club turned pro looking to represent their "community". They only ended up in Alloa by quirk of licensing after Ashfield & Maryhill never stuck. 

Their "community" has now cut ties with the pro club. Admitting the difficulty in getting a licensed ground in Glasgow and that the pros have gone past being a player pathway for the youth club. 

So what's the goal of BSCGFC now? Get back to anywhere in Glasgow that will take them? Stay in Alloa? Do a Caledonian Braves and build a ground wherever they can get land? More immediately is a change of name coming for 2021-22?

I understand they will still have an under 20 team, but ultimately I imagine that they will become like any club without a youth structure beneath them, and there are plenty of those clubs.

Genuine question, do clubs need to have a goal, other than trying to do the best they can in their respective leagues? 

I cannot answer any of your other questions as I have no knowledge of their plans..

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Do a Caledonian Braves and build a ground wherever they can get land? More immediately is a change of name coming for 2021-22?

TBF to Edusport Glasgow United Braves Alliance Park is at least close to the clubs 'home' as they started out at Ravenscraig & the Hamilton Palace Sports Ground.

14 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

I understand they will still have an under 20 team, but ultimately I imagine that they will become like any club without a youth structure beneath them, and there are plenty of those clubs.

Genuine question, do clubs need to have a goal, other than trying to do the best they can in their respective leagues? 

I cannot answer any of your other questions as I have no knowledge of their plans..

I'm not expecting you to answer them. Its highlighting the questions they may well be asking themselves now. 

As for goals other than doing well in the season, most clubs outside of the amateurs dont have think if they're going to make a temporary rental situation permanent or move elsewhere. 

Seems,from the outside, a club is set up with the best intentions, but somewhere along the way - it wasn't possible for youth players to move though to the 1st team etc, the lack of their own ground would probably affect most clubs looking for a 'home'  especially around Glasgow.  

10 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Seems,from the outside, a club is set up with the best intentions, but somewhere along the way - it wasn't possible for youth players to move though to the 1st team etc, the lack of their own ground would probably affect most clubs looking for a 'home'  especially around Glasgow.  

The Lowland League has only gotten stronger at the top since BSCGFC entered in 2014. Trying to keep up with the Joneses means sacrificing youth development for most clubs. Look at Premiership Hibs announcing a strategic partnership with Stenhousemuir. Only for Stenhousemuir to announce a strategic partnership with EoSFL new boys Sygenta. Which means pushing their own youth players down a level in favour of Hibernian's.

It's not the best look for the BSCGFC to be promoting the OF Colts proposal as being about youth development at a time when their own youth section splits off due to BSCGFC failing at youth development.