Bsc Glasgow

bpek

16 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

BSC the team to watch every season Ewan. Then again I am biased. 

I saw them three times last season and Bonnyrigg game aside unfortunately nobody pays to watch them.

One of the games had  more people on the pitch and touchline than came through the gate. I counted 32 spectators who were out numbered by players, substitutes, benches and match officials.  

You must have some fund raising set up to be able to run the team.

Edited by AlbionMan

7 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

I saw them three times last season and Bonnyrigg game aside unfortunately nobody pays to watch them.

One of the games had  more people on the pitch and touchline than came through the gate. I counted 32 spectators who were out numbered by players, substitutes, benches and match officials.  

I know. It must be really tough for you to comprehend a club that doesn’t have a massive support like yours. On the bright side if we do ever get allowed back into the grounds social distancing will be a piece of cake for us. 😂😂

• 1 month later...

Caught the BSC stream for the first time this season and I thought it was good stuff. Good camera quality (despite the issue with the pole throwing off the focus), and I liked having someone from each team on comms, keeps it balanced and means you get informed, fair views on both sides.

In terms of the game, BSC were a bit lucky to be 2 up at HT, but they are clearly more experienced than Gretna 2008 and it showed over the course of the game. BSC looked unusually defensively shaky at times, despite the clean sheet. 

Gretna looked decent at times and I think by the time they can play teams who aren't going to finish in the top 4/5 they will start to pick up points. Some good players and definitely willing to work hard, just came up short at the key moments at both ends. 

1 hour ago, AlansHotBath said:

Caught the BSC stream for the first time this season and I thought it was good stuff. Good camera quality (despite the issue with the pole throwing off the focus), and I liked having someone from each team on comms, keeps it balanced and means you get informed, fair views on both sides.

In terms of the game, BSC were a bit lucky to be 2 up at HT, but they are clearly more experienced than Gretna 2008 and it showed over the course of the game. BSC looked unusually defensively shaky at times, despite the clean sheet. 

Gretna looked decent at times and I think by the time they can play teams who aren't going to finish in the top 4/5 they will start to pick up points. Some good players and definitely willing to work hard, just came up short at the key moments at both ends. 

Fair summary. The loss of Marshall and Ross Smith though injury has definitely had and impact but I did like the look of David Wilson in goal today and with Ross Smith and Ross McMillan hopefully back soon, I’m sure they’ll settle down. I really like the look of our midfield some real quality in that position. Gretna started really well but I think the heads went down after the 3rd went in, which is understandable. They’re a young side but I think they’ll be okay this season.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, AlansHotBath said:

Just spotted Jamie Glasgow has signed for BSC until the end of January - a great player, and great to see him back in the Lowland League (albeit less so for a team we'll have to play against). 

Hope he gets a hattrick today and then nothing til next month.

Wishful thinking Alan. Scored a great goal today and his all round play was excellent. Think he’ll bag us a few goals this season . We’ve really stepped up our recruitment this season with Jamie and Craig McCracken from Talbot and Darren Christie from Pollock. Added to the quality that was already there I’m really enjoying what I’ve seen so far.

So the freak show  have signed (on loan) a few big names from big non league clubs in the west from clubs who are sitting out the season. 

Sums this mob up utter chancers and opportunists chucking money from you know who all for absolutley nothing. 

Pointless club. 

Edited by gaswork

4 hours ago, gaswork said:

So the freak show  have signed (on loan) a few big names from big non league clubs in the west from clubs who are sitting out the season. 

Sums this mob up utter chancers and opportunists chucking money from you know who all for absolutley nothing. 

Pointless club. 

Clubs decision to sit out for the season and obviously club happy for  players to go out on loan for a season to keep fit and match ready  and make an income if they can during these times can’t really see a problem just that BSC have taken an opportunity when it’s there so fair play 👏👏

Pointless statement Gaswork

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2020 at 21:34, AlbionMan said:

Proof is in the name, Broomhill Sports Club.

Nothing secret about how it's funded. It's all there on the BSC main website.

The next decade will turn the LL around from a glorified East of Scotland league to a West of Scotland league as the dead wood at the bottom end of the LL are replaced by the big West ex Junior teams. That's when we will really see the strength of the present LL top teams. Teams like EK and Kelty will be desperate to get out the LL before the Talbot's start to arrive.

Edited by Tutankhamen
f**k the SFA

1 hour ago, Tutankhamen said:

The next decade will turn the LL around from a glorified East of Scotland league to a West of Scotland league as the dead wood at the bottom end of the LL are replaced by the big West ex Junior teams. That's when we will really see the strength of the present LL top teams. Teams like EK and Kelty will be desperate to get out the LL before the Talbot's start to arrive.

Have you got a link to that bit? I just had a look at website there but didn’t see anything about funding.

7 hours ago, gaswork said:

Pointless club. 

Welcome back to the party Traffordb/deedjunior/thisweeksname 

Shambles of a post number 48 #shamblescount 

On 08/11/2020 at 07:15, Tutankhamen said:

Other than talbot darvel and kilwinning who else is going to come up. The rest need licenses. I'm sure your tranent hill of beath lthv broxburn and camelon will have something to say about it

21 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Other than talbot darvel and kilwinning who else is going to come up. The rest need licenses. I'm sure your tranent hill of beath lthv broxburn and camelon will have something to say about it

I expect at least 10 ex West Junior teams to make a serious effort to enter the LL by 2030.

With no disrespect to the East clubs.

I also expect to see the likes of Albion Rovers and others joining them in the LL.