Bsc Glasgow

bpek

1 hour ago, roseyposey1 said:

Our defence was hopeless first half and took your two chances first half very well. Second half Rose played much better but third goal gifted again. BSC defence nullified our front two very well didnt have a sniff at goal. in first half. Second half a bit fiesty but we had chances to possibly salvage a draw but not to be so nevermind. Good crowd as well

Best wishes for rest of season guys cya at Alloa

Cheers Rosey. Both sides missed a number of chances to be fair.  Thomas Collins on another day could have had a hat trick. Lots of football to be played before we meet again. It will be interesting to see how things pan out for both teams between now and then. Looking forward to welcoming your fantastic supporters to the Rec.

13 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:
4 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:
Outstanding performance today. Totally deserved win. Bonnyrigg are big strong boys but I thought we snuffed out their threat in the first half and put in a really professional performance second. Collins and Orr upfront tormented their defence all afternoon and McMillan dominated at the back. Pub now for a few beers. 

Orr chased every ball down and never gave the defence a chance to play. Think it was McMillan that had McGachie in his back pocket all game. Great performance and a class finish for the 3rd goal. Declan Hughes (I think) was brilliant in the middle and kept Lee Young quiet

I had Tom Orr as my man of the match, their defence just couldn’t handle him. Collins, Smith, McNab and Hughes were also good shouts for man of the match. Only reason I’m leaving Ross McMillan off that list is that’s the level we get from him every single game. It’s not just his performances as a player, but the influence he has on our team as captain. 

2 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

My top tips are still going strong. Bsc at 14s looking good. Also had ek breaking into top 6 though. That could let me down.

Lots of football still to be played John. I fancy when it gets to the business end of the season a team with EKs experience will be there or thereabouts

Lots of football still to be played John. I fancy when it gets to the business end of the season a team with EKs experience will be there or thereabouts

There sure is jerry. Just seems like something is not clicking st the moment. As judge said on the ek thread losing howie at the back has been a big loss. Ive no doubt we will be a hard team to beat most weeks. Just dont seem to be as cutting in the final 3rd. Previous years when games were tight i always fancied us to nick a goal when we needed it. That seems to be missing just now.

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Forgot to put this up on Tuesday but was a bit of men against boys in the Reserve League 2. No really any highlights for us but a few decent goals.

Cheers Leo. I watched it yesterday looked like BSC played most of their first team squad in this one.

Vital win today ahead of a massive game on Wednesday against East Kilbride.

Felt 3-0 was probably a bit harsh on Stirling Uni. But with 3 of our backline out with injury and 2 from midfield suspended it was a great result. I just hope we can get everyone back for mid week.

4 hours ago, Ylf said:

what’s thoughts on scottish tie with lochee united guys? think both teams will fancy their chances?

I always feel with these games that the step into the unknown adds more tension to the game. Hopefully our guys can cope with that better than they did against Bo’ness recently. We are 🤞on a good run of form at the moment and hopefully they can take that into the game. If we do we can win. But as you say I’m pretty sure Lochee will be thinking exactly the same. I’m backing BSC though.

Shaun did really well for us. We didn't have him for very long but what I saw of him impressed. He scored a couple of goals and had he stayed (think injury curtailed his loan spell) I've no doubt he'd have scored a few more. 

His best game for us IMO was 2-1 win at Whitehill. He stood out despite a very poor pitch and a somewhat physical game. He capped an excellent performance with the winning goal near the end.

I think he'll do very well for you.

Shaun did really well for us. We didn't have him for very long but what I saw of him impressed. He scored a couple of goals and had he stayed (think injury curtailed his loan spell) I've no doubt he'd have scored a few more. 
His best game for us IMO was 2-1 win at Whitehill. He stood out despite a very poor pitch and a somewhat physical game. He capped an excellent performance with the winning goal near the end.
That's good to hear.We have Blair Lyon playing with us aswell he has been nothing short of exceptional this season a real good talent their.

14 hours ago, mo83 said:
On 01/10/2019 at 11:17, Jerry Macguire said:

That's good to hear.We have Blair Lyon playing with us aswell he has been nothing short of exceptional this season a real good talent their.

We had Blair as well for while before he went to Uni. Great at tormenting defences with that pace he has.

12 hours ago, The Informer said:

Decent game tonight, nothing much in it first half, thought BSC were better side in second. McMillan was outstanding, didn’t lose much all night. 

Agreed. First half was scrappy, we had the best of the second but IMO didn't test their goalkeeper enough.  TBF both goalkeepers had a fairly quite night. 

The one thing that is clear though from last night, is that the rumours of EKs demise have been greatly exaggerated.  I have no doubt they will have a big part to play on where the title ends up this season.

Ross McMillan was outstanding as usual and Jamie McCormick superb as well. Tom Orr done well for the goal and his and Thomas Collins driving runs didn't give EKs backline peace all night. 

20 minutes ago, forrie_1 said:

A draw last night certainly made things better for us, Did Ek sit in and counter ?  

I think Kelty and Bonnyrigg will be thinking the same. It looked to me as if they tried to match up to us physically, which worked I suppose to a certain degree. They did try to hit us on the counter a few times but Ross McMillan marshalled his defence so well it didn’t really work. No doubt EK will take points of the top teams and I suppose that’s the good thing about the league this season. We’re unlikely to see anyone run off with it, the way EK did last season. 

5 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Agreed. First half was scrappy, we had the best of the second but IMO didn't test their goalkeeper enough.  TBF both goalkeepers had a fairly quite night. 

The one thing that is clear though from last night, is that the rumours of EKs demise have been greatly exaggerated.  I have no doubt they will have a big part to play on where the title ends up this season.

Ross McMillan was outstanding as usual and Jamie McCormick superb as well. Tom Orr done well for the goal and his and Thomas Collins driving runs didn't give EKs backline peace all night. 

Have to disagree with you, I thought EK were a shadow of last year’s team?

2 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:

I don’t think I ever compared them to last years team.

Nobody said you did? I was comparing them to the team that won the league comfortably last season, and how they don’t look as effective?

Edited by The Informer