Bsc Glasgow

bpek

21 minutes ago, an86 said:

Anything specific mooted? Scotstoun an option? Council owned and you’d hope they’d look kindly on a community club. 

Glasgow Warriors is the stumbling block. We actually train a Scotstoun but they won't let us use the stadium. Council don't do things quickly either.

Nothing specific at the moment but I think the club are playing things close to their chest following a couple of near misses in recent years. 

9 hours ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

Given the money put in to the playing side of things, which, had the team maintained their challenge last season, they could have achieved promotion. 

What then would the plans have been for competing in League Two? 

Pretty redundant question. We didn't sustain our run and we didn't get promoted. 

3 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

And this season..........

The way we've started the season?

Hope I'm wrong but I can't see it being an issue either. The thing is any plans the club would have are likely to be kept a closely guarded secret. (They certainly don't tell me) What I do know is the board is made up of successful business people and experienced football people so I'm fairly confident they would have a plan in place. What that plan is???

1 hour ago, Jerry Macguire said:

The way we've started the season?

Hope I'm wrong but I can't see it being an issue either. The thing is any plans the club would have are likely to be kept a closely guarded secret. (They certainly don't tell me) What I do know is the board is made up of successful business people and experienced football people so I'm fairly confident they would have a plan in place. What that plan is???

Surely wi all the chaos surrounding Selkirk s demise and club 15 finishing bottom there should be something in place for guaranteeing a home venue for SPFL fitba. It's not just yoursels the likes of edusport as well or is this another loophole the powers that be at LL towers haven't looked into....

Surely wi all the chaos surrounding Selkirk s demise and club 15 finishing bottom there should be something in place for guaranteeing a home venue for SPFL fitba. It's not just yoursels the likes of edusport as well or is this another loophole the powers that be at LL towers haven't looked into....

That’s not really a LL issue though, that’s an SPFL issue??

10 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

There's been plenty of groundshares in the national leagues at this point.

Why wouldn't BSC just continue on with the Alloa arrangement if they got promoted?

Just curious wi  jerrys post wi the "closely guarded secret"the board at bsc seem to have up their sleeve :whistle

What clubs in Scotland s national leagues groundshare ? There's plenty non league share wi their spfl counterparts?

I was at a Glasgow Warriors supporters event (I'm a season ticket holder) and noticed when we were leaving that BSC were training on the main side pitch. 

I can understand why it must be so frustrating to be connected with BSC but playing at Alloa.  So, If Scotstoun isn't an option then why not just ring-fence the main side pitch then 'voila'...

Just curious wi  jerrys post wi the "closely guarded secret"the board at bsc seem to have up their sleeve :whistle

What clubs in Scotland s national leagues groundshare ? There's plenty non league share wi their spfl counterparts?

Edinburgh City groundshare at the moment, and East Stirlingshire have done it in the past.

Most of them are historical at this point I suppose. East Stirlingshire, Clydebank, Hamilton and Clyde off the top of my head.

As for the secrecy I'm sure they don't want to tip their hand or deal with the stick from a hypothetical scenario of a Glasgow team playing out of Alloa on their big stage debut.