Bsc Glasgow

bpek

9 hours ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

Took in the first half of the game today (family taxi duties called after that). The game was over in the first 20 mins with BSC taking a 3 goal lead. They looked really incisive with their number 10 looking really impressive.

Attendance looked to be around the 50 mark

Tom Orr is on fire right now. That’s 11 goals in 9 games and he hasn’t even started in all of those 9 games. Good crowd for this game so hopefully we’ve raised a few quid for charity.

• 3 weeks later...

Very sad to hear.

By the looks of it the game was abandoned only a couple of minutes after the injury occurred, as opposed to after 30 min stoppage guideline being exceeded, which is never a good sign.

Abandonments - especially for bad injuries - are thankfully rare, but unfortunately do happen. Two seasons ago CSS v Gretna was stopped for a bad leg break with only 15mins to go and got replayed. I also recall a Selkirk v Vale of Leithen tie in LL Cup being abandoned late in the game for high winds... this would 2013-14 or 2014-15, when it had sections played over the festive period...  and Heriot-Watt v Burntisland in EOSL before HT for snow. Earlier in the decade there was a Whitehill v Gala game abandoned for a bad injury and a Gretna v Vale game off twice (IIRC) for floodlight failure.

EDIT: Actually it seems Vale are particularly prone, albeit not for injuries. They'd an EOS Qualifying Cup tie v Tynecastle abandoned at HT last season due to pitch icing. Edinburgh Utd v Inverkeithing in Alex Jack Cup R1 was also abandoned in August (bad arm break IIRC) so this is the first time I recall 2 injury abandonments in 1 season tbh.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Since joining this forum I have always tried (not always successfully) to keep my posts positive, not get into any disputes and keep my posts focused on my own team, rather than troll others. However on this occasion I have to talk about that tackle on Adam Strachan last night as well as the reaction from Robbie Dowie.

If ever your looking for an example of a player setting out to do an opponent you need look no further than last nights game. You could see frustration start to creep in amongst the Welfare players as the game went on and the goals started to mount up. Fortunately everyone else managed to control that frustration. Dowie on the other hand had a couple of nibbles at Adam earlier in the game, which the referee let go. It was on the third or forth attempt he finally got what he was looking for. It is without doubt one of the worst tackles I have ever seen.

Upset amongst the coaching staff and players turned to rage when they saw Dowie walk away smiling, clearly pleased with his nights work. The referee did have a good game and the only criticism I have is he rushed into a yellow card for Dowie. Had he composed himself, perhaps spoke to the stand side linesman I'm pretty sure the card would have been a different colour.

We'll wait and see what the outcome is regarding the result / replay, but to be perfectly honest I really couldn't care less. I just hope Adam Strachan can recover from this and get back to playing again.

55 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Since joining this forum I have always tried (not always successfully) to keep my posts positive, not get into any disputes and keep my posts focused on my own team, rather than troll others. However on this occasion I have to talk about that tackle on Adam Strachan last night as well as the reaction from Robbie Dowie.

If ever your looking for an example of a player setting out to do an opponent you need look no further than last nights game. You could see frustration start to creep in amongst the Welfare players as the game went on and the goals started to mount up. Fortunately everyone else managed to control that frustration. Dowie on the other hand had a couple of nibbles at Adam earlier in the game, which the referee let go. It was on the third or forth attempt he finally got what he was looking for. It is without doubt one of the worst tackles I have ever seen.

Upset amongst the coaching staff and players turned to rage when they saw Dowie walk away smiling, clearly pleased with his nights work. The referee did have a good game and the only criticism I have is he rushed into a yellow card for Dowie. Had he composed himself, perhaps spoke to the stand side linesman I'm pretty sure the card would have been a different colour.

We'll wait and see what the outcome is regarding the result / replay, but to be perfectly honest I really couldn't care less. I just hope Adam Strachan can recover from this and get back to playing again.

Was nae there can't really comment though I don't think there are many ww fans on here to merit a reply. 

Personally I don't think the lad would have it in him to deliberately hurt someone.

Without trying to defend the laddie nobody knows what goes on on a fitba park bar the 22 lads on it.

Sounds really bad though and I sincerely hope the lad makes a full recovery and is back playing asap.

As rab said one of the best players in the LL over the past few seasons.

We might be a lot of things this season but I don't/didnt think we are/were a team of thugs.

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Was nae there can't really comment though I don't think there are many ww fans on here to merit a reply. 

Personally I don't think the lad would have it in him to deliberately hurt someone.

Without trying to defend the laddie nobody knows what goes on on a fitba park bar the 22 lads on it.

Sounds really bad though and I sincerely hope the lad makes a full recovery and is back playing asap.

As rab said one of the best players in the LL over the past few seasons.

We might be a lot of things this season but I don't/didnt think we are/were a team of thugs.

Appreciate the sentiment Newky and I’m not saying for one minute that your a team of thugs. Far from it. It was a really bad one though and hopefully one I never see again. I hope I’m proved wrong and I’d be delighted to come on here and apologise if I am, but I think he just ended a players career.

Big claim to make...in 40 years watching football I can only recall  twice ever seeing players do another...Roy Keane and Neil Simpson...I've no  doubt things are still raw for everyone involved, hope the diagnosis is favourable as everyone in football hates to see any injures whatever there severity...

1 minute ago, magoo said:

Big claim to make...in 40 years watching football I can only recall  twice ever seeing players do another...Roy Keane and Neil Simpson...I've no  doubt things are still raw for everyone involved, hope the diagnosis is favourable as everyone in football hates to see any injures whatever there severity...

I remember both those tackles as well Magoo. Stand by my comments though. Its up there with them.

You are right though everyone is raw. The one thing I will say from the comments on here, Twitter etc. The good luck messages and support from the LL family and beyond has been the one bright spot in all of this. Hopefully it will give Adam some comfort. 

Jesus, just seen the BSC website update - multiple calf bone fractures and a dislocated ankle. Hopefully he makes a full recovery - not just in terms of his football, but a break that bad can mess up your day-to-day life for a long time as well. Unfortunately at age 31 it's late on in a career for a break that bad, but you never know

7 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Sounds terrible Jerry hopefully the lad recovers from this no one deserves that sort of treatment.

32 minutes ago, gogsy said:

To be fair I have seen the replies on the BSC twitter and facebook that jerry has referred too, all seem reasonable to me. He seems to be the only one trying to tarnish a players name by claiming that the player deliberately set out to injure another one. You would think if the tackle was like jerry claimed there would be some others on social media saying the same as jerry.

No one is shooting me down in flames either, are they ? The player tarnished his own name when he embarrassed his club, and believe me they were embarrassed. Selfie’s right you don’t half post some shite. I take it we can add your best wishes to the injured lad?

No one is shooting me down in flames either, are they ? The player tarnished his own name when he embarrassed his club, and believe me they were embarrassed. Selfie’s right you don’t half post some shite. I take it we can add your best wishes to the injured lad?

The guy is best ignored jerry. Always trolling and looking for a rise. The fact he still thinks its ok to do so when a player has been badly hurt sums him up. We all like a laugh and a wind up on here but theres a time and a place.
Best wishes to adam. Was our best player for the last few years. Always a standout whenever i saw him. Hopefully he can get himself back to that level.

Dare say this has been a subject brought up on multiple occasions, but are BSC ever going to play anywhere close to the area the club is from? Was happy to see a Glasgow team in the LL, but playing out of Alloa almost immediately saps any local identity, surely?

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Dare say this has been a subject brought up on multiple occasions, but are BSC ever going to play anywhere close to the area the club is from? Was happy to see a Glasgow team in the LL, but playing out of Alloa almost immediately saps any local identity, surely?

The club are working on it. And your right the subject has come up now and again.

3 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

The club are working on it. And your right the subject has come up now and again.

Anything specific mooted? Scotstoun an option? Council owned and you’d hope they’d look kindly on a community club.