Bsc Glasgow

bpek

Disappointing result at the weekend, particularly when BSC were 2 up. Can accept the penalty as it looked like McMillan slipped however all they had to do was keep the ball for the last two minutes... nothing fancy, just keep it, worse still when the mistake came from a so call experienced player!

12 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:
12 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:
The Edusport becoming Glasgow United with more Scottish players info is quite interesting. Not sure that name would really work for a team with plans to play at Strathclyde Park though.

Should've went with Stratheltico FC or United

Could do a lot worse than Strathclyde as a name. There was a junior club called that at one point in the east end of Glasgow close to Parkhead.

5 hours ago, RabKebab said:

Disappointing result at the weekend, particularly when BSC were 2 up. Can accept the penalty as it looked like McMillan slipped however all they had to do was keep the ball for the last two minutes... nothing fancy, just keep it, worse still when the mistake came from a so call experienced player!

There was a lot of positives to take from Saturday but the result was a hard one to take. We played well, in particular I thought Ross Lindsay and Declan Hughes had an excellent game. I agree with your comments though Rab. I would expect better game management from our experienced players.

Edusport are going to be a far harder proposition this season. They seem to have changed their whole approach. Most of their starting line up we’re experienced Scottish recruits rather than players supplied through their academy. You can see the difference straight away. 

As for BSC, the signs are positive but we really need to start winning.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, surely not! said:

You watching the same clip?

Yes, he stops (albeit for a micro second). It’s not the same movement 

My judgement may be slightly clouded by the fact that I detest those types of pens :). I’m from the old fashioned school of leathering it as hard as you can!

Edited by Baxter's Nutmeg

1 hour ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

He actually stops, and his movement is not continuous. Correct decision.

But the law says IDFK + caution when: "feinting to kick the ball once the kicker has completed the run-up (feinting in the run-up is permitted); " - nothing about movement. Question is whether the run-up finished when he stops on his left foot or when he put his right foot beside the ball...

24 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

But the law says IDFK + caution when: "feinting to kick the ball once the kicker has completed the run-up (feinting in the run-up is permitted); " - nothing about movement. Question is whether the run-up finished when he stops on his left foot or when he put his right foot beside the ball...

I would say his run finishes when stops momentarily, his next movement is to kick the ball?

It’s an interesting debate but the one question I would ask is, why do players try to be so bloody clever? All he had to do was put his foot through the ball. Instead he tried to be smart and paid the price. I thought we were lucky, the Strollers manager thought the ref got it right but clearly it’s a controversial decision. One of many on the day.

10 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:

It’s an interesting debate but the one question I would ask is, why do players try to be so bloody clever? All he had to do was put his foot through the ball. Instead he tried to be smart and paid the price. I thought we were lucky, the Strollers manager thought the ref got it right but clearly it’s a controversial decision. One of many on the day.

That’s it Jerry. The rule should just be changed to no stopping at all and keep it simple. 

Just seen this on the club website. Fantastic gesture. Hopefully we'll see a decent turnout.

BSC Glasgow will donate the admission takings from our upcoming SFA South Challenge Cup match against Edusport Academy to local charity The Gate.

We have been groundsharing with Alloa Athletic for the last two seasons and have also given away 50 free tickets to the match for service users at The Gate to come along to The Indodrill Stadium this weekend to enjoy the match.

Admission at The Indodrill Stadium on Saturday is £4 for adults and £2 for concessions, with everything taken on the door being donated.

The club are encouraging everyone to come out and roar the side onto victory while supporting a fantastic local organisation.

On 11/09/2018 at 12:46, Jerry Macguire said:

Just seen this on the club website. Fantastic gesture. Hopefully we'll see a decent turnout.

BSC Glasgow will donate the admission takings from our upcoming SFA South Challenge Cup match against Edusport Academy to local charity The Gate.

We have been groundsharing with Alloa Athletic for the last two seasons and have also given away 50 free tickets to the match for service users at The Gate to come along to The Indodrill Stadium this weekend to enjoy the match.

Admission at The Indodrill Stadium on Saturday is £4 for adults and £2 for concessions, with everything taken on the door being donated.

The club are encouraging everyone to come out and roar the side onto victory while supporting a fantastic local organisation.

Initiatives like this are what lower league teams are all about. Great gesture, I hope it goes well.