Bsc Glasgow

bpek

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Fair enough, I'm probably being ignorant but I can't understand where the money comes from to pay for the players and stadium hire.

Probably from the same sources as most other clubs in the league. You don't actually believe club's rely solely on takings at the turnstiles?

8 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Probably from the same sources as most other clubs in the league. You don't actually believe club's rely solely on takings at the turnstiles?

Where did I say that?  Interesting thing for you to bring up.

I appreciate that geographically there aren't many licensed teams with the West Central belt position that BSC have, but it surprises me that they're able to afford a good manager, players with relatively big names for the level and renting an SPFL stadium every second week. 

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I appreciate that geographically there aren't many licensed teams with the West Central belt position that BSC have, but it surprises me that they're able to afford a good manager, players with relatively big names for the level and renting an SPFL stadium every second week. 

In terms of hiring out a SPFL stadium it's not the hardest thing in the world. Especially with a small fanbase limiting costs for the likes of stewarding that would otherwise escalate these things.

http://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/pitchhire.aspx

https://www.excelsiorstadium.co.uk/football-bookings

Compared those kind of recreational rates, Alloa might even give BSC a lower rate due to the fixed business they provide over the course of a season.

24 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

In terms of hiring out a SPFL stadium it's not the hardest thing in the world. Especially with a small fanbase limiting costs for the likes of stewarding that would otherwise escalate these things.

http://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/pitchhire.aspx

https://www.excelsiorstadium.co.uk/football-bookings

Compared those kind of recreational rates, Alloa might even give BSC a lower rate due to the fixed business they provide over the course of a season.

I may be wrong but I think The Shire were getting charged 20-30k a season to use Ochilview.

32 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Fact is Marshmallo BSC has hits roots in the affleunt west end of Glasgow. It's no surprise to me they can attract donors or sponsors, who are prepared to bankroll the club. 

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I may be wrong but I think The Shire were getting charged 20-30k a season to use Ochilview.

Not sure of the figure but it was really high, and no doubt a reason for the switch to Falkirk Stadium.

16 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Fact is Marshmallo BSC has hits roots in the affleunt west end of Glasgow. It's no surprise to me they can attract donors or sponsors, who are prepared to bankroll the club. 

Fair enough, it was a genuine question from me. Squad and manager in place to have a good go at the title this year by the looks of things.

22 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

To be fair I think Stenhousemuir were absolutely shafting Shire. They’ll be funded like most clubs, license money, sponsors and prize money. After the season they’ve had there will be more funds available and better players wanting to play there. Swift has good connections in the West juniors aswell for picking players from.

26 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Possibly whatever deal they had was based on S(P)FL rates and costs since they'd been there dating back a while. On the face of it you'd assume that the Falkirk Stadium would be more expensive and yet that's where they've ended up.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

17 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Fair enough, it was a genuine question from me. Squad and manager in place to have a good go at the title this year by the looks of things.

Certainly hope so. Whatever happens with Stevie Murray in the team, It's guaranteed to be entertaining.

23 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

They were a baw hair away from having a real go last season.  They won't be far away this season though ek and Spartans are strengthening well as well.

And wi the shire desperate to get back and the newbies from Fife it promises to be a cracking season.

Davie Winters should be a great signing, he can be frustrating to watch at times since he flits in and out of games but his touch is phenomenal and he knows where the goal is. He'll be on decent money though I'd imagine. 

10 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Davie Winters should be a great signing, he can be frustrating to watch at times since he flits in and out of games but his touch is phenomenal and he knows where the goal is. He'll be on decent money though I'd imagine. 

Don't know too much about the guy. Looking forward to seeing him play.