Bsc Glasgow

bpek

54 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

I'm nowhere near the level of critical as most seem to be about the whole Open Goal Broomhill project but I'm 15 minutes into this podcast and struck by how wide of the mark they appear to have got the response. 

Whine about not having enough FT staff as though they're plentiful for clubs at this level, whine about part-time clubs not bowing to demands to play Friday night games after a day's graft just to boost their gates, whine about the league not being 'accommodating', whine about the weather, whine about pay, take no accountability, all while Broadfoot sits there deluding himself about his mates shafting him while also admitting he's been shafted. Bit bizarre really.

I do think the exposure will lead to some decent moves for some of the boys at Broomhill, probably rightfully so. But to claim the club itself will be left in some kind of glorious position and that the reasons behind the failure had nowt to do with them is nothing short of bollocks. It can't be 'shit happens and things dont work out' in one sentence, 'I can't work in this structure' in another.

The whole arguement about the structure of the club and that they didn’t have enough people to help is nuts. They were all very well aware of broomhill not having a stadium etc before they invested. If they weren’t then it’s completely on them. 
They kept going on about how the performances on the pitch weren’t an issue and the football philosophy etc etc but that’s complete bollocks. They have had a shite season.

Ferry even mentioned previous Broomhill teams under swift finishing 4th with a worse set up. 
They are trying to wash their hands of any blame. 

I don’t mind Ferry and I think this has been a step to far from him but the other eejits tonguing his arse is very grating.

The comments about how most of the players didn’t have many offers last season seemed a bit low from Ferry. I get it but almost like he’s using that as an excuse for them not doing so well.

His point about still being upset about a defeat 3/4 days later is very telling too. I’ve never played at a decent level so maybe anyone who has can comment, but surely that’s a key skill of being a manager and player is to move on? Bad result on the Saturday, quick chat about it at the next training session and focus on the next game. 

I actually like Broadfoot and feel he conducts himself well. Late 30s and still playing every game he can

33 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

His point about still being upset about a defeat 3/4 days later is very telling too. I’ve never played at a decent level so maybe anyone who has can comment, but surely that’s a key skill of being a manager and player is to move on?

Reading this at the moment -

When Footballers Were Skint: A Journey in Search of the Soul of Football: Amazon.co.uk: Jon Henderson: 9781785904660: Books

The author interviews players, who were in their 80s and 90s at the time of interview, who played in the EFL before the abolition of the maximum wage in 1961 and at one point he notes how bizarre it is that these guys who haven't played the game for almost 60 years can still remember vividly something like losing 2-0 to Fulham in a meaningless end of season game.

It does seem to be something that sticks in the mind for a lot of players.

...as for those nasty clubs not allowing BSC to play on a Friday night 😆 🤣 😂 What an absolute clownshow.

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

The comments about how most of the players didn’t have many offers last season seemed a bit low from Ferry. I get it but almost like he’s using that as an excuse for them not doing so well.

I don’t think he was using that as an excuse for league position, more using it as an example of Broomhill giving them exposure that they wouldn’t get at other clubs (which there is probably merit to that argument). 

What is bizarre however is that it’s somewhat contradictory from what Ferry was saying when he signed many of those players (maybe not the ones he mentioned specifically in fairness), but either way they were previously open about the fact players dropped down levels and turned down playing higher because of their ‘belief in the project’. 

In their mention of the weather and the league/rival clubs being un-accommodating as factors in a dwindling crowd, the glaring omission could’ve been that the novelty had wore off a bit (particularly if they stopped doing so well). Naturally, they didn’t want Saturday matches because Broomhill was supposed to be podcast fans ‘2nd team’ and they’d presumably prioritise following their 1st. Is it really that odd that some clubs didn’t want to move their games to a Friday Night to suit Open Goal? (I presume that’s his gripe). 

The points made by Si regarding the difficulty of being a manager and hosting an upbeat podcast were pretty honest, I’d have assumed that they would have preempted that being a potential issue anyway. 

Edited by JagsCG

8 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

His point about still being upset about a defeat 3/4 days later is very telling too. I’ve never played at a decent level so maybe anyone who has can comment, but surely that’s a key skill of being a manager and player is to move on? Bad result on the Saturday, quick chat about it at the next training session and focus on the next game. 

It probably depends on how you process that disappointment. Being a sore loser can help if you can channel that frustration into improving yourself, someone like Klopp seems like a massive sore Loser but is evidently able to turn that into motivation and a learning experience to improve. If you are just bitter about it, or you are annoyed at your players and wont do anything to change it then I doubt it will help.

Looking forward, Rossvale (the breakway version) need to find a new name / identity  for next season.  It might make sense for them to merge with Broomhill, continue to play at Petershill Park, and find themselves promoted to the Lowland League.   It would certainly move Broomhill back to a location nearer their "roots".  Mr Fraser could even justify changing their name to RFC Broomhill.

10 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I actually like Broadfoot and feel he conducts himself well. Late 30s and still playing every game he can

I used to play football, not a very high level at all admittedly, but the bit in bold was exactly how things were managed with us. And from what I know from others who play(ed) the game part-time (from high level to low), that's pretty much standard at every club.

1 hour ago, perthmo said:

Looking forward, Rossvale (the breakway version) need to find a new name / identity  for next season.  It might make sense for them to merge with Broomhill, continue to play at Petershill Park, and find themselves promoted to the Lowland League.   It would certainly move Broomhill back to a location nearer their "roots".  Mr Fraser could even justify changing their name to RFC Broomhill.

Wheest donn't be giving them any ideas. If we just ignore them maybe they will just go away. 😗😗😗😗

As a resident of the town I wonder how much of it is apathy in Cumbernauld for anything not Blue or Green? That's three clubs tried over thirty years and not of them have been able to attract decent attendances. For reference Clyde were a baw hair away from the Premier League with the lowest crowds in the 1st division.

54 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

As a resident of the town I wonder how much of it is apathy in Cumbernauld for anything not Blue or Green? That's three clubs tried over thirty years and not of them have been able to attract decent attendances. For reference Clyde were a baw hair away from the Premier League with the lowest crowds in the 1st division.

Also, let's not forget that Cumbernauld United have been around for ages. Fans of non-league football in Cumbernauld often already go there.

I like Ferry but I think there's been a bit of naivety on his part for a few areas.  I think predominantly their podcast has been so successful because it taps into the biggest market in Scottish football and gets their attention through relaxed interviews with lads who know what a dressing room is like. 

They've been really bold and tried to convert that into a club but realistically was it ever going to be wholly attractive to get that many folk who's big tie is watching the old firm? It's much the same with bringing in Paul Slane into the mix.  They've run it as being Slaney coming back to fitness but it looks more like he's been brought in as a jobs for the boys and clicks. It might have been done with good intentions but I don't think anyone realistically thought he'd be back as anything other than a jester. 

Fair play to them for giving it a bash. The Broomhill board should be getting more flak as opposed to open goal. 

2 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

This was just a club that played in Cumbernauld, I wouldn't say they made any effort to be a Cumbernauld club.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This was just a club that played in Cumbernauld, I wouldn't say they made any effort to be a Cumbernauld club.

They did at the start but made no efforts in the later years. Colts and Broomhill did absolutely nothing with local schools etc. Colts thought they would bring crowds in by rights of having Cumbernauld in their name 

5 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

It feels as though Broomhill have reached an existential crisis. As they approach their 10th campaign, they’ll going into it with their fourth change of name, their fourth change of badge, and their fourth change of colours. They seem like an empty vessel, a shell, something exists for the sake of existing. They might have started out with good intentions under the guise of BSC Glasgow but what now? What’s the point of this team? What are they for? Who do they represent? I don’t know, and I don’t think Fraser or anyone else associated with the club knows either.

There really is no point of the club.  At what point do the SFA/LL actually draw a line in the sand with regards to moving home and changing name, do they allow this to continually happen season after season, maybe try Ayrshire next, or Fife. It really is a farce.

18 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

There really is no point of the club.  At what point do the SFA/LL actually draw a line in the sand with regards to moving home and changing name, do they allow this to continually happen season after season, maybe try Ayrshire next, or Fife. It really is a farce.

There's a Broomhill in Aberdeen.

@Burnieman has maybe accidentally and jokingly hit upon an interesting stat with saying about moving to Ayrshire or Fife.

With the move from Alloa to Scumbernauld(not a typo it's what my kids and their mates called it growing up), have they not moved from an EOS catchment area to a WOS area?

This may have already been covered but where in the hell would they go to if relegated?

If they did move for arguments sake to Tayside what would  the ramifications be for the pyramid and would/should it be allowed?

Discuss. 

23 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

David Wilson I'm sure was offered a deal at stenny