Bsc Glasgow

bpek

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Basically, yes.

http://slfl.co.uk/bsc-glasgow-introduction/

They were accepted on the basis of a 3 year lease at Saracen Park. Which presumably everyone thought would meet licensing standards. People online certainly had doubts at that being possilbe due to the width of the pitch, the people writing the article seemed to be aware of that since the 2nd last sentence was otherwise quite random:

Also in the article you can see that they didn't have a manager, didn't have a team. And there's actually a quote from the chairman at the time about starting the licensing process. Which beyond the lack of Scottish Cup participation shows they weren't in fact licensed when accepted into the league.

I suppose to try and keep this topic somewhat on track despite the old name.

Any ideas what the name will be next season? Club colours? Badge?

Thoughts on a new manager?  Any players signed on for next season?

Still playing at Broadwood next season? Since it was just a one year rolling lease and the club has just lost a major sponsor. Potentially all the other side sponsors that came with it. That's a hefty hit for most clubs at this level.

Thanks for confirming.

I have absolutely no idea as to any of the answers to the questions in the latter part of your post, the only thing I do know is that the existence of them, and Braves will continue to irritate a lot of people on here, which is quite amusing.

16 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

Whilst catching up on yesterdays football events I see that Si Ferry was listed on a Celtic Legends squad who played Liverpool Legends at Anfield in aid of the Liverpool Foundation. That will give him plenty bounty for his podcast.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Legend he never played a first team game for them

Feel it's wrong to rope Braves in with the other lot. Whatever you feel about their inception, as has been stated, they now have their own stadium, their own identity and gained access to the LL land by promotion. Yes, like everyone else I wish they would change their name away from sounding like a baseball franchise; but other than that have no problem with CB.

The more I hear about the other lot, how they came about and now how they got voted into LL land; it's all starting to smell a bit fish like.

When the West was moving into the pyramid they came across all regal and the pall bearer for the pyramid going forward; then.

The baby bitches thing came about, the falling out with BSC, the relegation to Tier6 fiasco, this podcast crap. And where has @Jerry Macguireand any others disappeared to.

They are becoming a blot  on the pyramid landscape.

Get them emptied and get some credibility back into LL land.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

1 minute ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Yes, like everyone else I wish they would change their name away from sounding like a baseball franchise; but other than that have no problem with CB.

At least it's better than the Rocks changing their name to Caledonia Gladiators. That's a real abomination.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

At least it's better than the Rocks changing their name to Caledonia Gladiators. That's a real abomination.

Personally I can't abide all this Tartan nostalgia, Braveheart crap. I prefer normal sports names.

St.Johnstone FC

Jed-Forest RFC

West of Scotland CC.

They mean something and have historical links to where they are based.

25 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

They mean something and have historical links to where they are based.

Palace Rangers?

That was my suggestion at the start. Hate the name, hate their OF boaby sooking but I haven't a problem with them in the Lowland League, they earned that place and have stuck to their word about getting their own ground up to standard so fair play to them

So what now for BSC Glasgow Broomhill Own Goal?

They are no longer connected to the club that they took their name from, not in Glasgow or their surrogate home of Alloa, no fans once the podcast kids disappear.

Maybe Mr.Fraser will do the decent thing and shut up shop and open up another place for tier 6 next season.

50 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

They are no longer connected to the club that they took their name from, not in Glasgow or their surrogate home of Alloa, no fans once the podcast kids disappear.

Maybe Mr.Fraser will do the decent thing and shut up shop and open up another place for tier 6 next season.

Hang around to push through the B teams for another year. Fold after the AGM for a neat 18 team league in the new season, while collecting their free season tickets at Ibrox.

4 hours ago, Burnieman said:

They'll just go back to being broomhill surely 

On 24/03/2023 at 15:19, superbigal said:

But Si continually told his players they were the best in the League.

As about 10 teams clearly have better players I call it abject failure.

I’d strongly wager Si would still claim that. 

BSC Glasgow is a ridiculous name considering Broomhill is place in Glasgow, Kenny Moyes is a p***k, everyone from near Partick has known Slane is a dick for years and I once saw Ferry get kicked out a pub for standing at the bar screaming shite about effort and commitment at some Peterhead player who can’t have been more than 20/21. Get it up then all. 

A real pity party from them on the Open Goal FC youtube channel posted just there.

"This wasn't a vanity project we took paycuts to do this"

"The league and other clubs wouldn't accommodate enough Friday night games for us to get bigger crowds"

Seems to be everyone else's fault they failed miserably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL-A8jiuE6k

Edited by Pie Of The Month

22 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

A real pity party from them on the Open Goal FC youtube channel posted just there.

"The league and other clubs wouldn't accommodate enough Friday night games for us to get bigger crowds"

The part where he drags every one of his players saying they had no offers from other teams is a highlight from me. Certainly didn't have the same tune at the start of the season when he was talking about how many offers the players had

Edited by Pollok mad

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

It feels like they are still trying to push that they invented Friday night football when in reality they only played on certain Fridays due to Cumbernauld colts having first dibs to games. 

It’s as much as they wanted Friday night football is it not. They want fans of other teams who listen to the podcast to come and watch them play. That’s more likely on a Friday night than if their own team was playing on a Saturday. They said that from the start. 

2 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Yeah they aren’t coming across well in this at all. The other 3 could have just spent the 45 minutes telling Si Ferry that they want to suck him off and it would have been about the exact same amount of insight and analysis.

I'm nowhere near the level of critical as most seem to be about the whole Open Goal Broomhill project but I'm 15 minutes into this podcast and struck by how wide of the mark they appear to have got the response. 

Whine about not having enough FT staff as though they're plentiful for clubs at this level, whine about part-time clubs not bowing to demands to play Friday night games after a day's graft just to boost their gates, whine about the league not being 'accommodating', whine about the weather, whine about pay, take no accountability, all while Broadfoot sits there deluding himself about his mates shafting him while also admitting he's been shafted. Bit bizarre really.

I do think the exposure will lead to some decent moves for some of the boys at Broomhill, probably rightfully so. But to claim the club itself will be left in some kind of glorious position and that the reasons behind the failure had nowt to do with them is nothing short of bollocks. It can't be 'shit happens and things dont work out' in one sentence, 'I can't work in this structure' in another.