Bsc Glasgow

bpek

They really are the unflushable turd. Defiantly carrying on with three fans post-Ferry; little more than an ever-changing badge, a few training bibs, a couple of sets of balls & kit, and the league membership.

Broomhill are at this level because when the LL was set up Kenny Moyes (Davie's brother) had a lot of influence at the SFA. No other reason whatsoever.

1 hour ago, BonessBWAH_ said:

https://twitter.com/opengoalsport/status/1638920921791746049?s=46&t=PcX7fTP6CJ_A5L6N-oDB8A

What a statement! Talking about on and off the field successes like their thrilling Scottish Cup Campaign of reaching the third round...and some extra Instagram followers!

Strange statement. If everything was so great, why has it only lasted a year?

That statement is an absolute word salad.

Christ knows how many words with everyone wanking each other off, but no actual explanation as to why they are walking away - it's obvious that it's because they can't make money from the "project". Absolute pretenders.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

They took over a team with no real history or any following so I don't think they were particularly harming anyone with this project. It's unsurprisingly not worked out but it has casted a few more eyes to the lowland league so not the worst really imo.

George Fraser must be the most deluded person on earth!

How was it a "great success"? A few 1000 OF fans following you on Twitter? That'll encourage new fans! 

After the desperate attempts to make sure his OF mates got their Colts teams in. Pissing all over Mozza and anyone else who actually cared when Si Ferry came around with more OF magic beans, then claiming it was all a success when it went tits up and people got bored 😂

Did he actually think it was going to work?! He comes across as someone who hasn't got a grip on reality, thinks football only happens on a box, and everything below what they report is just a "pub league". His excuse of a club are one of the reasons people have this view of lower league football, so thanks for the extra "exposure"... you can piss off now

22 hours ago, Benidorm said:

Darvel seems a good fit for Ferry. Another media darling vanity project and he'll feel at home with the part-time old firm fans who will lap up the journey and a squad of neds who'd rather be on a stag doo than try and play for promotion. Sounds like a match made in heaven. 

Or Bo’ness Athletic for these very reasons.

4 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Another failed vanity project, which follows on heels of Syngenta / Camelon debacle.

Maybe time for some sort of a fit and proper test / bond to protect teams.

Could just give folks posts a like instead of recycling what they said like you’ve got a scooby. 

3 hours ago, BonessBWAH_ said:

https://twitter.com/opengoalsport/status/1638920921791746049?s=46&t=PcX7fTP6CJ_A5L6N-oDB8A

What a statement! Talking about on and off the field successes like their thrilling Scottish Cup Campaign of reaching the third round...and some extra Instagram followers!

Christs breeks! The actual nick of that statement! 😆

22 hours ago, gretnascotty said:

Was at the game at Raydale on Saturday and but for 2 glaring errors from the Gretna Keeper we would have beaten them, and Gretna have been shite in 2023.

Was stood close to the OG dugout and was amazed how petulant Ferry was, Lyle looked more like the manager, Slaney was in the stand with the hood up, when he walked along past us just before HT a fan approached him maybe ever so slightly too enthusiastic and was met by Slaney telling him to get the f**k out of his face.  After the FT whistle the whole management team were gone in cars mere minutes after the game, didn’t stop for the post match refreshment’s whatsoever.

Quite surprised how unprofessional both Si and Slaney came across, very much big time Charlies, now this announcement today, clearly not working out and rather than work through things, its down tools and leave the club in the lurch.

Poor from all involved!

Im astonished to hear that two tossers on a podcast were arseholes in real life. 

42 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Getting ready for some podcast appearances.

Ah the abuse card getting wheeled out now. The top trump of the slackjaw.

In another shocker, Tam McManus is also sticking up for wee Si' giving it the haters gonna hate routine pretty much.

50 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Getting ready for some podcast appearances.

Wonder how all the folk that they’ve abused over the years in the name of “banter” on their podcast feel? 

To be fair, I used to like the one on one interviews Open goal done with Yogi, Jim Jeffries, Billy Brown etc 

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

They took over a team with no real history or any following so I don't think they were particularly harming anyone with this project. It's unsurprisingly not worked out but it has casted a few more eyes to the lowland league so not the worst really imo.

4ajib1.png.65ddeaad1dc38898fc2fa1cf24fd55f2.png

5 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

4ajib1.png.65ddeaad1dc38898fc2fa1cf24fd55f2.png

I'll be honest no I don't. Unless I'm missing something would rather a team with no following that had moved about rather than a team with an established standing in a community. I think the fact they bombed so badly with a decent budget also shows the standard to be a lot better than most would think which is also a plus really for the league.

5 hours ago, BonessBWAH_ said:

Not even BSC/Broomhill's best Cup run.

Anyway, I'll choose to believe getting beat twice by a terrible Shire side has turned Ferry and co off management for life. 

16 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I'll be honest no I don't. Unless I'm missing something would rather a team with no following that had moved about rather than a team with an established standing in a community. I think the fact they bombed so badly with a decent budget also shows the standard to be a lot better than most would think which is also a plus really for the league.

Or that Si and Slaney are exactly as shite as everyone thought they were?

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Wonder how all the folk that they’ve abused over the years in the name of “banter” on their podcast feel? 

To be fair, I used to like the one on one interviews Open goal done with Yogi, Jim Jeffries, Billy Brown etc 

I watched a fair number of them in the first lock down. The older guys you mentioned were all good as they had some stories. It got ridiculous around that time when there were 2 hour interviews with folk like Kyle Lafferty.

Think I watched the one with Kevin Kyle and Paul Slane once but it was too old firm focused for me.

I actually think they come across as decent guys, and if they're making money off their podcast then good on them. 

It looks to me that they used Broomhill as a way of creating more content. The fact they've had a bang average season probably means that cash cow has dried up. They'd have needed to get promoted, or look a shoe in to win the league next season for folk to keep tuning in to their YouTube documentaries.

3 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Bob Malcolm had a bit of a dig on twitter

The “Si Ferry Meets…” content was usually the best stuff they produced IMO, although it seemed the general popularity came from the introduction of ‘Slaney’ and the podcast with him, Kyle and Halliday. You could probably make an argument that Slane has become as much the face of Open Goal now as Ferry, given they rarely produce a video without him involved and obviously he was assistant manager at Broomhill (& loosely part of the playing squad), therefore don’t suspect OG will face any real damage from this project ending other than the loss of the weekly Broomhill podcast and the documentary.  

I wouldn’t completely write Ferry off as a coach after 1 season but in the future he’ll need to separate his coaching from his podcast work, the combining of the two has evidently not worked (as most predicted).