Bsc Glasgow

bpek

9 minutes ago, Dicko23 said:

Quick question. Was the seperation and set up of BSC Glasgow in the WoS connected with this or was it happening anyway or before?

Before. The split happened summer 21. BSC joined the bottle tier of the WoSFL. The Lowland team had a season as just Broomhill playing at Alloa. 

Summer 22 the tie-in with Open Goal started. 

10 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

This is pretty basic stuff. Likes of BSC/Broomhill get lumped in with the original 12 teams. Except they didn't start until the 2nd season. The vacuum of disinterest provided an opening for those that were.

Some of the clubs would still have come into existence, just from a similar WoSFL 4th Division type beginning.

Agree with all you be said there. 

Just an extra thought how many of the new clubs that came about purely because of LL land would have even thought to come into existence without this carrot of being one rung below the league's.

Maybe none.

12 hours ago, Number seven said:

Ferry off to Darvel?

Darvel's no where near the sea is it?

I'll get ma coat. 😚😚😚

Edited by HorseyGhirl

24 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Agree with all you be said there. 

Just an extra thought how many of the new clubs that came about purely because of LL land would have even thought to come into existence without this carrot of being one rung below the league's.

Maybe none.

EKFC since the ball was rolling.

I reckon Edusport Academy still would have happened. As the business pre-dated the pyramid and I think had an amateur set-up briefly before joining the SoSFL. They would have seen the financial upside in it.

Leaves Cumbernauld Colts and BSC Glasgow. Cumbernauld Colts were already using Broadwood a few years before setting up a senior side. I reckon it still would have happened for them because of that. As with their infrastructure & Broadwood licencing would be a no brainer.

BSC Glasgow is up in the air. Since their issue has always been a ground of their own. Depends what the entry criteria would have looked like at the time. Since we know the standards were lowered for 4th Division teams. Could see it happening just like all the other youth teams that started up once the pyramid was established in the West of Scotland.

You just wouldn't have any of them besides EKFC talking up SPFL prospects. More getting licenced for the Scottish Cup and player pathway chat.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

EKFC since the ball was rolling.

I reckon Edusport Academy still would have happened. As the business pre-dated the pyramid and I think had an amateur set-up briefly before joining the SoSFL. They would have seen the financial upside in it.

Leaves Cumbernauld Colts and BSC Glasgow. Cumbernauld Colts were already using Broadwood a few years before setting up a senior side. I reckon it still would have happened for them because of that. As with their infrastructure & Broadwood licencing would be a no brainer.

BSC Glasgow is up in the air. Since their issue has always been a ground of their own. Depends what the entry criteria would have looked like at the time. Since we know the standards were lowered for 4th Division teams. Could see it happening just like all the other youth teams that started up once the pyramid was established in the West of Scotland.

You just wouldn't have any of them besides EKFC talking up SPFL prospects. More getting licenced for the Scottish Cup and player pathway chat.

The Colts always had ideas above their station. Can remember chat about men's teams when coaching youth teams in the early 2010's. But it's like you say EK and others would have started at bottom of rung and maybe have stayed there, if they survived.

BSC might have started as they have done in Div 4 and progressed naturally. Not whatever that thing was that was created.

Feel a lot of the resentment to them came about due to the supposed superior attitude they seemed to convey as if the LL land belonged to them.

It's not as easy as some think you just have to look at Threaves fight for promotion out of Div 4. 

We might not produce Maradona's in Scotland but the quality as is does go down quite far.

15 hours ago, gretnascotty said:

Was at the game at Raydale on Saturday and but for 2 glaring errors from the Gretna Keeper we would have beaten them, and Gretna have been shite in 2023.

Was stood close to the OG dugout and was amazed how petulant Ferry was, Lyle looked more like the manager, Slaney was in the stand with the hood up, when he walked along past us just before HT a fan approached him maybe ever so slightly too enthusiastic and was met by Slaney telling him to get the f**k out of his face.  After the FT whistle the whole management team were gone in cars mere minutes after the game, didn’t stop for the post match refreshment’s whatsoever.

Quite surprised how unprofessional both Si and Slaney came across, very much big time Charlies, now this announcement today, clearly not working out and rather than work through things, its down tools and leave the club in the lurch.

Poor from all involved!

A couple of nobodies. Not really sure how they are still making a living out of the game tbh. 😂 

This is why the pyramid needs opened up. Proper clubs will bin this sort of thing pretty swiftly if the no brainer two up three down is implemented.

13 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Another failed vanity project, which follows on heels of Syngenta / Camelon debacle.

Maybe time for some sort of a fit and proper test / bond to protect teams.

I don't think the ownership of Broomhill ever changed. It was seen as a "sponsorship" deal. Although I doubt any money ever changed hands between Open Goal & Broomhill.

I would say the bigger issue with this was in relation to the SFA and licencing, than ownership. Why were they allowed to change their name to a commercial partner.

As a club they've also jumped from Glasgow-Alloa-Cumbernauld since 2014. That one's maybe trickier to pin down.

12 minutes ago, BonessBWAH_ said:

https://twitter.com/opengoalsport/status/1638920921791746049?s=46&t=PcX7fTP6CJ_A5L6N-oDB8A

What a statement! Talking about on and off the field successes like their thrilling Scottish Cup Campaign of reaching the third round...and some extra Instagram followers!

but but but a last minute penalty decision 

11 minutes ago, BonessBWAH_ said:

https://twitter.com/opengoalsport/status/1638920921791746049?s=46&t=PcX7fTP6CJ_A5L6N-oDB8A

What a statement! Talking about on and off the field successes like their thrilling Scottish Cup Campaign of reaching the third round...and some extra Instagram followers!

i wonder how many Instagram followers they will have when the circus leaves town?

I was hoping that Gr£tna 2008 would be next for relegation but it has to be this lot if they make it into next season.

Apparently folk laughing at Broomhill inevitably going tits up is what's wrong with Scottish football. Not two clubs hoovering up all of the players and money

1 hour ago, BonessBWAH_ said:

Best attendance in the First Round of the 2022-23.

Helluva an achievement! Good to know the trophy cabinet isn't getting dusty.