Bsc Glasgow

bpek

16 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Fair enough.

There was an Aberdeen Junior team called Bon Accord in the late 1980s/early 1990s. Bon Accord is the motto of the City of Aberdeen but the owner was Brian Keith of Bon Accord Glass.

Hall Russell United sprung from Hall Russell's amateurs, the works team of the shipyard. Similarly the recently defunct Lewis United were the works team for John Lewis & Sons shipbuilders. Stoneywood Parkvale's lineage includes Stoneywood Works, the papermill's works team.

Edited by Cyclizine

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

All the auld reply guys still just naming works teams is it?

Nae works teams in Dundee- women's football was banned and the men were jist a bunch o' kettlebilers :P

• 4 months later...

Wheels seem to have really fallen off the Open Goal enterprise after a strong start, and some impressive signings. 5-1 down to an understrength Rangers 'B' after 50 minutes tonight.

I've enjoyed watching the documentaries, and think he comes across reasonably well in them. But I get a really strong feeling that Si Ferry as a gaffer is very similar to Barry Ferguson when he was with Clyde. 

11 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Wheels seem to have really fallen off the Open Goal enterprise after a strong start, and some impressive signings. 5-1 down to an understrength Rangers 'B' after 50 minutes tonight.

I've enjoyed watching the documentaries, and think he comes across reasonably well in them. But I get a really strong feeling that Si Ferry as a gaffer is very similar to Barry Ferguson when he was with Clyde. 

Judging by what I’ve seen from the documentary he seems to be trying to implement a style play over just trying to grind out results. For someone who’s spent a fair whack of his career in the Scottish lower leagues it seems like an extremely naive approach when you have a squad full of Lowland league players.

I don’t particularly dislike Ferry himself but it is quite entertaining watching this circus act make an arse of it.

• 3 months later...
31 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Hilarious if true

Funny, perhaps, but based on that guy's account he's talking shit.

If you are using a football club to create content for your YT series why wouldn't you at least stay until the end of the season to finish off the 'story'?

7 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

Funny, perhaps, but based on that guy's account he's talking shit.

If you are using a football club to create content for your YT series why wouldn't you at least stay until the end of the season to finish off the 'story'?

I'd take Peds tweets with a pinch of salt tbh 😂😂

34 minutes ago, bobbydazzler said:

better no go bust and end up sparing the jobbers at the bottom of the LL.

Rather have either of the two teams in the league who are currently near the bottom, who have been in existence for decades, than this fake team.

23 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Rather have either of the two teams in the league who are currently near the bottom, who have been in existence for decades, than this fake team.

I would be inclined to agree with you, but if a team finishes bottom they shouldn't be spared relegation because a team above folds.

1 hour ago, bobbydazzler said:

I would be inclined to agree with you, but if a team finishes bottom they shouldn't be spared relegation because a team above folds.

Nobody will be spared relegation should a team fold as precedent was set with WW. 

Nothing surprises me anymore with this league though. 

4 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Nobody will be spared relegation should a team fold as precedent was set with WW. 

Holy f**k are you still not over that? Please try and understand the following:

The league had 16 teams. Selkirk folded, reducing it to 15. One team was relegated from the SPFL (Berwick), and one promoted from the EOS (Bonnyrigg). Therefore, second bottom (Whitehill) needed to be relegated to keep the league at 16 teams.

11 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

They changed the rule anyway, so its not the same. 

They take current members, anyone promoted from Tier 6 and relegated from spfl. If that's more than 16 bottom gets the chop. 

28 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Holy f**k are you still not over that? Please try and understand the following:

The league had 16 teams. Selkirk folded, reducing it to 15. One team was relegated from the SPFL (Berwick), and one promoted from the EOS (Bonnyrigg). Therefore, second bottom (Whitehill) needed to be relegated to keep the league at 16 teams.

Holy fcuk keep yer hair on man I was only stating a fact that if a club folds then bottom club would still get relegated!!

Rules have been changed since then. 

I suppose this is kind of the problem with building a club around one man, who is the gaffer.

If Ferry decides he isn't enjoying management, doesn't feel he is up to it, or wants to invest his time and money elsewhere and steps down you're left where Broomhill were this time last year. Very few fans, no ground, sponsors only there because of Ferry and very little else to fall back on.

Sustainability is a bit of a buzz word. But this was never going to be sustainable. Because as soon as Si Ferry decides he's had enough then that's it. The whole thing sinks. 

Who knows if that's the case now or not. But it will be at some point. This is just a bit earlier than I had anticipated.