Bsc Glasgow

bpek

6 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Clubs that had been founded as company teams and not taken over by one and rebranded to promote the organisations

Bit of straw clutching to here. 

TNS were given £250,000 to rename to the sponsors in 2006, but were founded in 1963. No bother.

36 minutes ago, KD1711 said:

They are trying to garner interest in the lower leagues and I'm all for that. 

No, they aren’t.

Theyre trying to create interest in their podcast so that they can make more money. They couldn’t give a f**k about the lower leagues beyond how it can help them make more money. 

1 minute ago, KD1711 said:

TNS were given £250,000 to rename to the sponsors in 2006, but were founded in 1963. No bother.

Phew!

Well that’s one club that done it once in the Welsh league makes everything ok and totally justifiable 

39 minutes ago, KD1711 said:

Just having a quick google and it seems that TNS, PSV, Deportivo and Bayer Leverkusen. You also have the obvious one I forgot to mention of Vauxhall Motors FC.

PSV and Bayer fit into the grandfathered works teams model. Don't think many people would pick up on PSV having a corporate sponsor in the name.

Don't know about Deportivo or which Deportivo this meant to refer? La Coruna?

Total Network Solutions of course not actually existing anymore and like FC Salzburg didn't have their sponsored name recognised in UEFA competitions .

17 hours ago, craigiemack said:

I asked the bold 'mozza' on twitter but he didn't reply so I will open it up to the fine people of pie and bovril. At what point do BSC do away with the 'Broomhill' identity. It's clear the new 'owners' see them as 'Open Goal' and I don't think i've ever heard them refer to themselves as Broomhill. I'll give it this season till its the done away with and they officially call themselves Open Goal FC which is clealy what they want. Then who knows what will come when this joke era ends.

The Broomhill identity is pointless anyway given that the club haven't, don't and never will play there.

Whilst there is clearly an agenda for the likes of Ferry to make money out with of the club, they seem like they have a pretty decent set up. I can't really stand Slane but Ferry comes across pretty knowledgeable about football and i think will make a decent coach. My cousin has just signed for the under 20's and is getting coached by Andy Halliday (and his brother) and Kirk Broadfoot. Obviously Broadfoot is a complete bam but can't argue with his experience and will be good for those youngsters. 

This is another one of those things that will divide opinion. With all these big names, it cant be sustainable. Broadwood also a shitehole and would suspect people will get bored once the cold weather comes in although the £99 season ticket seems like good value and would imagine they will play half decent football where possible. 

Also, there was someone saying that the club wont be Ferrys focus with his podcast. However, is that not the norm for all part time managers who have another job out with the club. 

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Why should I promote your sponsor for free? The SFA, Lowland League, SCC, every club they play are now openly promoting another club's sponsor.

Happens in Europe, and around the World. Doesn't make it common. Probably it's more commonly banned and some of the examples people would use at a glance are old works teams grandfathered in compared to modern day sponsorships.

I am not getting your drift here?? Who is asking you to promote the sponsor? In addition they are not my sponsor, I don’t support or follow the club, I just happen to think it’s a good idea. If it happens “around the World” I would say thst makes it common 😀😀

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

No, they aren’t.

Theyre trying to create interest in their podcast so that they can make more money. They couldn’t give a f**k about the lower leagues beyond how it can help them make more money. 

You do realise how sponsorship works don’t you??

3 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

You do realise how sponsorship works don’t you??

Did you read the post I replied to?

In any case, in most cases, the club doesn't change their name, badge and home kit colour to suit the sponsor, nor do the sponsor get to choose who the manager is, or have guys employed by the sponsor signed as players. If you want to pretend it’s a normal sponsorship arrangement, then be my guest. 

9 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Did you read the post I replied to?

In any case, in most cases, the club doesn't change their name, badge and home kit colour to suit the sponsor, nor do the sponsor get to choose who the manager is, or have guys employed by the sponsor signed as players. If you want to pretend it’s a normal sponsorship arrangement, then be my guest. 

Consider me your guest 😂😂

6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Well UEFA and other organisations do. Which is why Total Network Solutions were TNS and Red Bull Salzburg are FC Salzburg.

The SFA have obviously allowed it, so they are not breaking any rules unless I’m missing something??

1 hour ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

The SFA have obviously allowed it, so they are not breaking any rules unless I’m missing something??

Did I say they were breaking any rules. No.

I was responding in this instance to what's wrong with selling naming rights to clubs. It put other organisations and clubs into the free promotion of another club's sponsor for free.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

40 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Did say they were breaking any rules. No.

I was responding in this instance to what's wrong with selling naming rights to clubs. It put other organisations and clubs into the free promotion of another club's sponsor for free.

It may be wrong in your opinion, but it is allowed, and as such that’s really where the argument ends.

7 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

It may be wrong in your opinion, but it is allowed, and as such that’s really where the argument ends.

Clearly you haven't grasped that you're posting on a Scottish football forum. You don't get to choose how and where the argument ends.

23 minutes ago, virginton said:

Clearly you haven't grasped that you're posting on a Scottish football forum. You don't get to choose how and where the argument ends.

Get you 😂😂😂 The argument ends in real terms with the rules. Of course people are free to carry on in here, I’m not sure to what ends right enough. 😀

If Open Goal had started at the bottom of the pyramid people might not care as much but it feels like they've parachuted in. Or if the club they took over hadn't sullied their own position by fannying about in Alloa for half a decade or claiming to be an extension of a youth club but were doing nothing of the sort then a podcast taking them over widnae bother me. There's no right/wrong way to start a football team and times are changing. Even if, after Open Goal took over, they didn't do arsehole manoeuvres like rimming the Old Firm to get the Colts in or voting for more promotion from below, etc then I widnae mind. But they did do all of that so, no matter how nice a guy Si Ferry is or how much hard work the folk involved are putting into it, they can all get to f**k and it has very little to do with their shitey podcast.