Bsc Glasgow

bpek

4 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

They might well be doing the common thing of including season ticket holders. Regardless of them turning up or not.

Considering some of the people promoted as buying season tickets during the sales push, it wouldn't be surprising to seem them elsewhere yesterday.

If I could be bothered, I could count the crowd off the video but don’t think it would be 565. It’s an old trick to inflate the attendance in attempt to generate more interest.

I would imagine Rangers and Celtic both playing at home would have impacted the attendance regardless of what the actual figure was. The novelty will wear off when people see how cold it is at Broadwood any time after mid September 

I asked the bold 'mozza' on twitter but he didn't reply so I will open it up to the fine people of pie and bovril. At what point do BSC do away with the 'Broomhill' identity. It's clear the new 'owners' see them as 'Open Goal' and I don't think i've ever heard them refer to themselves as Broomhill. I'll give it this season till its the done away with and they officially call themselves Open Goal FC which is clealy what they want. Then who knows what will come when this joke era ends.

1 hour ago, craigiemack said:

I asked the bold 'mozza' on twitter but he didn't reply so I will open it up to the fine people of pie and bovril. At what point do BSC do away with the 'Broomhill' identity. It's clear the new 'owners' see them as 'Open Goal' and I don't think i've ever heard them refer to themselves as Broomhill. I'll give it this season till its the done away with and they officially call themselves Open Goal FC which is clealy what they want. Then who knows what will come when this joke era ends.

1 hour ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Never really  understood BSC or even Broomhill Open Goal , imagine they'd tried to find a rapid way into the spfl or something.A modern name to attract modern, equality,unbiased,  anti no-one fans, similar to the Hashtag mob down south.   

There is obviously a plan. Seems that Opengoal are owned by Peter Lawwells son so that explains the bankrolling and who is actually running the show. 

On 23/07/2022 at 23:35, Brazilianlex said:

Didn’t look a good attendance on the video ! 

565 I would say is very good for that level, I'm just looking at Airdrie's attendances for the last season and they beat our attendance in 7 of our home games. 

On 23/07/2022 at 23:42, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Damning them with faint praise

😂

On 24/07/2022 at 00:40, Scott-Replay said:

I think, from an admittedly slightly biased Clyde fan, the real test will be seeing how Open Goal Broomhill’s attendance holds up in the longer term. From years of experience, Broadwood is not a great place to watch football and I do wonder how long the enthusiasm will hold up once the novelty factor wears off. Clyde were attracting crowds into the thousands during our early days in Cumbernauld and that certainly didn’t hold up (despite being a Cumbernauld based Clyde fan myself).

I can’t see that level of attendance being sustainable once the supporters who turn up for Si and “the Horny Winger” realise that watching Lowland League football in January isn’t the same as watching/listening a new episode of your favourite Podcast. If they do manage to sustain it then fair play to them!

They are doing something totally different and because of that they are going to get caned for it, from being at a few Airdrie vs Peterhead games and listening to the podcast you can see how serious Ferry takes it and won't be seeing this as a giggle.

I think the fact that they have fans of the podcast going and how cheap it is to go to one of their games with the £99 season ticket they can definitely attract fans, it is just about putting on a good show for them to keep them coming. 

I hope they do well and living in Newcastle now I will probably go along to their away game against Berwick.

If they can manage to keep a few hundred coming I think they will be doing well, great start to them at the weekend as Spartans are a solid side.

10 minutes ago, KD1711 said:

listening to the podcast you can see how serious Ferry takes it and won't be seeing this as a giggle.

What part is he taking serious?

Rebranding the club after his podcast or signing his mate Slane?

What do you think will come first for him, the podcast or the club?

Cause he’s clearly not ready to give up being a podcast host yet 

Edited by Clown Job

21 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

If I could be bothered, I could count the crowd off the video but don’t think it would be 565. It’s an old trick to inflate the attendance in attempt to generate more interest.

They could have done the old season ticket holders who didn’t turn up trick.

Althpugh I know someone who was there and reckoned the crowds was 400-500.

11 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

What part is he taking serious?

Rebranding the club after his podcast or signing his mate Slane?

What do you think will come first for him, the podcast or the club?

It isn't him who has rebranded the club though he is the manager? The owners have rebranded it unless I am missing something and he is the owner, as far as I am aware Paul Lawell is the owner.

Let's be honest Slane will hardly if any play any games, and with your point about the podcast coming first etc as I have said unless I am missing something it is down to Paul Lawell with that?

14 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Why should he? That's the day job. A day job that will be a lot less time consuming than other part time managers have in this country.

Take away the hatred for the project (I'm also not a fan really of all this) he is combining a full time job with a part time management job like any other guy at lower league level.

8 minutes ago, KD1711 said:

It isn't him who has rebranded the club though he is the manager? The owners have rebranded it unless I am missing something and he is the owner, as far as I am aware Paul Lawell is the owner.

Let's be honest Slane will hardly if any play any games, and with your point about the podcast coming first etc as I have said unless I am missing something it is down to Paul Lawell with that?

As far as I am aware Open Goal do not own the club they are sponsors.

18 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Why should he? That's the day job. A day job that will be a lot less time consuming than other part time managers have in this country.

Take away the hatred for the project (I'm also not a fan really of all this) he is combining a full time job with a part time management job like any other guy at lower league level.

Never said he should,

But you can’t be taking the job that seriously if your podcast is your main priority 

That’s not criticism, that’s just the reality of the situation 

17 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

As far as I am aware Open Goal do not own the club they are sponsors.

Fair enough

Still though let’s not pretend this is some serious football club, it’s purpose is to promote the Open Goal brand 

3 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Fair enough

Still though let’s not pretend this is some serious football club, it’s purpose is to promote the Open Goal brand 

I’m not sure I see the issue with that, is that not what sponsorships are about??

11 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Why would he bring him in then?

It he going to be a novelty act that comes on dressed as a clown for the final 5 minutes?

Probably more for the coaching aspect of it, will also be some content for them with the documentary they made.

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet about it.

21 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I’m not sure I see the issue with that, is that not what sponsorships are about??

Scottish Sun

Ferrari Packaging

GeoSonic

Clarke EPOS

The naming rights for clubs usually aren't for sale because sponsorships don't last. If it's a sponsorship agreement that makes the name change temporary. The SFA never should have sanctioned the name change.