Bsc Glasgow

bpek

44 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Did anyone here go to any of the shows at the Hydro? Was it any good?

Similar to a few others I quite liked the early days of Simon Ferry’s podcast with the interviews but I’ve never watched an episode of OG where it’s just Ferry, Slane and Kyle. I’m probably just a bit too old for the kind of “lads” banter that (I assume based on a few clips) they enjoy.

If Ferry is serious about the full thing then fair play to him and I hope he goes onto have a good career but absolutely nobody can say that having your manager as the main sponsor (with his podcast name being part of the club name) is a good idea.

I thought the Ferry one-to-one interviews were excellent. Watched several over the years as they had many ex-Hearts players. He had a slightly irritating style but the interviews were great IMO. I stopped watching as soon as they started involving the other guys. Can't even make it through a minute of the "banter".

Reckon Ferry will do quite well as a manager tbh, also think now that they seem to have scrapped the Si Ferry Meets stuff, the podcasts would be much better without him.
Is it too difficult for people to call him Simon or is to just to be down with the youth [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Is it too difficult for people to call him Simon or is to just to be down with the youth [emoji1787][emoji1787]

You’ll have to ask him that since he’s the one who refers to himself as Si in pretty much all of his online outlets.

As someone who lives close to Broadwood, it will be interesting to see their advertisement in the town. I’d also be interested to know how much they are paying NLC to rent Broadwood for a year.

So what’s the script with this team? Have Open Goal taken over ownership of the club with Simon Ferry the owner and manager or is it just a name change? The whole thing seems very strange.

Thought there were four owners including Si with him being manager of the team. Think he will do well in the coaching side of things as he was taking sessions while with us at Peterhead and was highly rated. Dont know how the club ownership thing will go certainly dont seem to have generated much interest to supporters in the past. Hope Si does not get his fingers burnt with this as always liked him while with us but believe they are one of the bad guys regarding votes for Colts and opening up relegation/promotion slots from the LL so will not lose any sleep if it goes pete tong and ends in tears.

Thought there were four owners including Si with him being manager of the team. Think he will do well in the coaching side of things as he was taking sessions while with us at Peterhead and was highly rated. Dont know how the club ownership thing will go certainly dont seem to have generated much interest to supporters in the past. Hope Si does not get his fingers burnt with this as always liked him while with us but believe they are one of the bad guys regarding votes for Colts and opening up relegation/promotion slots from the LL so will not lose any sleep if it goes pete tong and ends in tears.
He may find difficulty in the coaching side if it's talking of youth teams upwards as the Colts have the monopoly of the town and pitch hire.
Are they playing any preseason matches?.

I quite like the open goal stuff but only really down to the interviews, listen to the podcast but the only two that seem to have any brains are Ferry and Halliday.

Slanes a clown and Kyle doesn't seem to have a brain. 

The whole recent history of this  club intrigue me, it doesn't make any sense at all. It's so fucking weird lol. 

Will they keep the Open goal Broomhill name if Ferry goes 10 games without a win and sacks it/gets sacked? Or let's say he does really well and gets another job elsewhere, they still going to keep the Open goal name? 

I have so many questions. Its like one of those mysteries like the Bermuda Triangle or if hitlers alive or not? 

10 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I quite like the open goal stuff but only really down to the interviews, listen to the podcast but the only two that seem to have any brains are Ferry and Halliday.

The whole recent history of this  club intrigue me, it doesn't make any sense at all. It's so fucking weird lol. 

Will they keep the Open goal Broomhill name if Ferry goes 10 games without a win and sacks it/gets sacked? Or let's say he does really well and gets another job elsewhere, they still going to keep the Open goal name? 

I have so many questions. Its like one of those mysteries like the Bermuda Triangle or if hitlers alive or not

There's not much of a  mystery there. If he was alive he's be 133, which is unlikely.

I have so many questions. Its like one of those mysteries like the Bermuda Triangle or if hitlers alive or not? 
Why would he be sacked after losing 10 games?

There'll be absolutely no fan pressure to sack him as they have absolutely no fans.

On 18/06/2022 at 19:37, Karpaty Lviv said:

As someone who lives close to Broadwood, it will be interesting to see their advertisement in the town. 

The Colts are hardly pulling them in and they've got the town in their name. You could also argue that Cumbernauld punters didn't seem to embrace Clyde either. Will any of them turn up in numbers to see this mob with a daft name? I think not. As someone so accurately put it, it's a bunch of guys with a bag of strips rolling up. Hard to take them seriously.

On 20/06/2022 at 18:52, Hampden Diehard said:

The Colts are hardly pulling them in and they've got the town in their name. You could also argue that Cumbernauld punters didn't seem to embrace Clyde either. Will any of them turn up in numbers to see this mob with a daft name? I think not. As someone so accurately put it, it's a bunch of guys with a bag of strips rolling up. Hard to take them seriously.

Cumbernauld United would beg to differ… and they actually play in the town

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Not sure what you mean. Do United get good or bad crowds?

Had a look but couldn’t find anything, wonder if they get more than the Colts...

I actually thought you had said “they had the TOWN to themselves” but now I’ve read it again, you say they had the NAME of the town. Must have been half asleep last night