Bsc Glasgow

bpek

20 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

Thats in your opinion which your are certainly intitled to without doubt. but the fact remains until they remove the play offs things will stay the same.

And in that the Lowland League shows they disrespect their feeder leagues and the integrity of the pyramid.

2 hours ago, Lowland team said:

Sorry!!! sent that out hit the wrong thing.things will stay as they are.relegation for team 16 promotion for 1 of the leagues champions.and play offs for the lowland league champion.

The LL will gain one club from tier 6 each season - given how close the vote was last time, it shouldn't take long for the vote to swing towards more relegation. Unless you think tier 6 clubs aren't going to vote for more relegation? 

(also don't forget relegation isn't even guaranteed for team 16)

11 hours ago, Ginaro said:

The LL will gain one club from tier 6 each season - given how close the vote was last time, it shouldn't take long for the vote to swing towards more relegation. Unless you think tier 6 clubs aren't going to vote for more relegation? 

(also don't forget relegation isn't even guaranteed for team 

Team 16 may not be relegated if there's no licenced club from the tier 6 clubs to come up.however if a highland league club wins the play off and say Albion rovers get relegated they will drop to the lowland league.then club 16 will be relegated to one of the 3 tier 6 leagues 

5 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

Team 16 may not be relegated if there's no licenced club from the tier 6 clubs to come up.however if a highland league club wins the play off and say Albion rovers get relegated they will drop to the lowland league.then club 16 will be relegated to one of the 3 tier 6 leagues 

If there are licensed champions in tier 6, but say Elgin City get relegated and replaced with the LL champions, team 16 would also not be relegated. That's just a farce, they should still be relegated in that case. Just fill the vacancy with an extra promotion spot.

4 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

-1 Lowland Champion promoted and Club 42 relegated to the Highland League.

+1 Tier 6 Champion

= 16th in the Lowland League saved from relegation.

10 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

Team 19 shurely !

15 hours ago, Lowland team said:

Thats in your opinion which your are certainly intitled to without doubt. but the fact remains until they remove the play offs things will stay the same.

That's a fucking ludicrous argument. If there were any logic or value to it, every league at every tier would behave this way. But they don't. The EoS  relegated 4 (could have been 5) this season despite knowing that their champion club had no guarantee of being promoted. Yes, the SPFL position is poor. But it doesn't follow that everyone else should behave like a total arsehole. There is such a thing as doing the right thing because it's the right thing to do. A number of these LL teams wouldn't know the right thing to do if it knocked at their door and sang the message in a telegram. 

41 minutes ago, HTG said:

That's a fucking ludicrous argument. If there were any logic or value to it, every league at every tier would behave this way. But they don't. The EoS  relegated 4 (could have been 5) this season despite knowing that their champion club had no guarantee of being promoted. Yes, the SPFL position is poor. But it doesn't follow that everyone else should behave like a total arsehole. There is such a thing as doing the right thing because it's the right thing to do. A number of these LL teams wouldn't know the right thing to do if it knocked at their door and sang the message in a telegram. 

The SPFLs argument is piss poor but the LLs is worse, by keeping the LL with 1 down maybe possibly if we feel like it all they're doing is giving weight to the SPFLs case that the Lowland League is too weak.  The faster the best of the former Juniors make up the HL and LL the less of a case the SPFL have to keep the drawbridge up as the teams will be of a similar size to them.  Hopefully a few more ex Juniors and ex SPFL clubs and they can outvote the self preservation in both set ups.  

3 hours ago, Lowland team said:

Team 16 may not be relegated if there's no licenced club from the tier 6 clubs to come up.

Please familiarise yourself with the table at the bottom of the LL rules: https://slfl.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/SLFL-Rules-Version-19.pdf

It's safe to assume that there will always be a licensed champion from tier 6, given it would required all three unlicensed teams that finished 5th, 3rd, 6th last season to win their leagues.

Fortunately no club being relegated is only 1 of 4 scenarios, but it should be something that can easily be fixed by a LL vote to show they are serious about "ventilation".

I see that the season tickets go on sale tomorrow. Listening to ferrys interview yesterday I had a little chuckle when he said he was expecting good crowds because they've sold out a few shows at the hydro. Lets be honest, the people that would pay money to go to the Hydro to see 'Slaney' in some womens underwear and Kevin Kyle attempt to speak are morons, but probably not big enough morons to buy a BSC Cumbernauld season ticket. These people, predominantly Old Film fans, don't go to see their actual team, haven't went in their hundreds like predicted to see the Colts teams and there is no way in hell they are going to buy season tickets for this shambles. They might be a boost for the first couple of games due to the novelty factor but i'd be highly surprised if their average gates rise.

I can not wait for this joke of a club to crash and burn, the day George Fraser and his cronies get booted out this league will be a great occasion. 

1 hour ago, craigiemack said:

I see that the season tickets go on sale tomorrow. Listening to ferrys interview yesterday I had a little chuckle when he said he was expecting good crowds because they've sold out a few shows at the hydro. Lets be honest, the people that would pay money to go to the Hydro to see 'Slaney' in some womens underwear and Kevin Kyle attempt to speak are morons, but probably not big enough morons to buy a BSC Cumbernauld season ticket. These people, predominantly Old Film fans, don't go to see their actual team, haven't went in their hundreds like predicted to see the Colts teams and there is no way in hell they are going to buy season tickets for this shambles. They might be a boost for the first couple of games due to the novelty factor but i'd be highly surprised if their average gates rise.

I can not wait for this joke of a club to crash and burn, the day George Fraser and his cronies get booted out this league will be a great occasion. 

⬆️ ⬆️ ⬆️ 😂😂

On 15/06/2022 at 09:03, Pyramid Watcher said:

I’m not affiliated to any team as such, but I’m amazed by the amount of people on here who are triggered by these teams. 😀

3 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Please familiarise yourself with the table at the bottom of the LL rules: https://slfl.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/SLFL-Rules-Version-19.pdf

It's safe to assume that there will always be a licensed champion from tier 6, given it would required all three unlicensed teams that finished 5th, 3rd, 6th last season to win their leagues.

Fortunately no club being relegated is only 1 of 4 scenarios, but it should be something that can easily be fixed by a LL vote to show they are serious about "ventilation".

Who would do the voting ?

6 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

The SPFLs argument is piss poor but the LLs is worse, by keeping the LL with 1 down maybe possibly if we feel like it all they're doing is giving weight to the SPFLs case that the Lowland League is too weak.  The faster the best of the former Juniors make up the HL and LL the less of a case the SPFL have to keep the drawbridge up as the teams will be of a similar size to them.  Hopefully a few more ex Juniors and ex SPFL clubs and they can outvote the self preservation in both set ups.  

As the years carry on, I believe and hope that each team that is promoted from the EOSFL or WOSFL will vote to have a straight automatic relegation of the Lowland leagues bottom 2 teams and then the 3rd bottom in a 3 tie playoff between the both 2nd placed teams of the highland and Lowland leagues.  if its workable and I believe it is then this will help open up the pyramid and to boot, teams being relegated from the lowland will be given of a better chance of going back up.

if this happens every year, the lowland teams who vote for no relegation or 1 relegation will eventually lose their place as most vote for it the now knowing that if they are relegated then they have minimal chance of making it back to that level

Did anyone here go to any of the shows at the Hydro? Was it any good?

Similar to a few others I quite liked the early days of Simon Ferry’s podcast with the interviews but I’ve never watched an episode of OG where it’s just Ferry, Slane and Kyle. I’m probably just a bit too old for the kind of “lads” banter that (I assume based on a few clips) they enjoy.

If Ferry is serious about the full thing then fair play to him and I hope he goes onto have a good career but absolutely nobody can say that having your manager as the main sponsor (with his podcast name being part of the club name) is a good idea.