Bsc Glasgow

bpek

On 10/05/2022 at 23:18, johnmc80 said:

Anyone got any info where broomhill will be calling home next season? I’ve a feeling scotstoun is about to become reality.

I think Broadwood is the likely location with Clyde buggering off.

I wouldn't be shocked if Open Goal Broomhill FC got more people through the door with this, but I also think it would be similar to the Colts, in that it's a) mainly weirdos and b) will taper off once the novelty dies down and people realise the ability to hear some of that fabled Open Goal patter live is not that great at Broadwood.

• 4 weeks later...

That's another wee brucie for Si and the boys playing the B teams which 100% caters to their captive audience of Old Firm fans. Since the weekly podcasts started and they got further away from the one to one interviews it's basically become Super Scoreboard for a younger demographic. Between the Open Goal cash and the increased bribe money they'll be well chuffed. Are they still playing at Alloa this year? A fly on the wall doc of Si' cutting one liners in the dressing room, Slaney on commentary, big Kev driving the team bus, its the circus befitting of the club and the league. 

Edited by Benidorm

That's another wee brucie for Si and the boys playing the B teams which 100% caters to their captive audience of Old Firm fans. Since the weekly podcasts started and they got further away from the one to one interviews it's basically become Super Scoreboard for a younger demographic. Between the Open Goal cash and the increased bribe money they'll be well chuffed. Are they still playing at Alloa this year? A fly on the wall doc of Si' cutting one liners in the dressing room, Slaney on commentary, big Kev driving the team bus, its the circus befitting of the club and the league. 

Nope they now moving to Broadwood former home of Clyde FC now just announced in the last few minutes

http://

Broadwood was far to big for Clyde, even in the Championship, it's going to look really stupid with Cumbernauld Boys Club and Podcast FC stinking the place out next year

1 minute ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Broadwood was far to big for Clyde, even in the Championship, it's going to look really stupid with Cumbernauld Boys Club and Podcast FC stinking the place out next year

True but at least CCFC actually hail from the town.

3 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

I doubt they'll care. They averaged under a 100 last season in Alloa.

They'll be able to pitch the Cumbernauld Colts game as their new derby to try and get extra punters through.

And it should be easier for them to get cash out the OF colts. Last season Cumbernauld Colts had 326 (Celtic) and 620 (Rangers). Broomhill got 346 combined.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I doubt they'll care. They averaged under a 100 last season in Alloa.

They'll be able to pitch the Cumbernauld Colts game as their new derby to try and get extra punters through.

And it should be easier for them to get cash out the OF colts. Last season Cumbernauld Colts had 326 (Celtic) and 620 (Rangers). Broomhill got 346 combined.

Haud me back!

Far too many competing for the old firm wee team coin. Match attendance will still be shite and the novelty truly dead by the end of September when anyone wants to see circus act will have had a chance by then. The fact they're parading Slaney shows how desperate the level of appeal is.

The main coin is youtube views which will do fine for a while with some dressing room shouting and balling. No one is paying to go to Broadwood on a December or January afternoon to see Gretna or Caley Braves though.