Bsc Glasgow

bpek

1 hour ago, Lowland team said:

They were based in Glasgow at one point.

a couple of seasons groundsharing at two different grounds. There's been no concerted effort to find a long term home in Glasgow. Or even Dunbartonshire. You could even allow for them remaining in Clackmannanshire if they were continuing to provide a route to senior football to local kids and have things in place around the community they're pretending to represent. There isn't. For three quarters of their entire history they've played nearly 30 miles away. 

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

They can play anywhere they like as far as I'm concerned. Playing in Alloa clearly isn't doing the club any good. They've broken their link with Glasgow, broken their link with BSC, play in an area that doesn't give a toss about them and subsequently get double digit crowds, the majority of which you'd assume are made up of away fans and friends or family of the players. For all their social media flash, and big talk, they're a club going nowhere because they've been poorly run and don't have any kind of support to sustain them longer term.

Being a "new" club is fine, getting in on the pyramid early, before more established clubs is fine. It's largely George Fraser's cheerleading of colts and laughable hypocrisy over "ventilation" that focusses folks ire on them. Getting forced to change their name last year and now the whole OG / Si Ferry stuff is just confirming what everyone has come to realise. That the club's a circus.

I'd hate it if this had happened to my club, but it hasn't and infact has happened to an already soulless club that nobody seems to care about anyway. So in that case f**k it.

I have enjoyed some of the Open Goal material, in particular the Si Ferry Meets episodes which gives an insight into Scottish football that no other platform does. But it seems a bit taboo to say something like that on here...

Edited by BornOffside

Open Goal got popular off Si Ferry interviewing people which he is good at, now it's two podcasts that are average at best (they really only work as banter podcasts for OF fans for the majority of the time), and is only interesting when they're basically interviewing people again. I like Si Ferry and have more time for Open Goal than most I reckon, but this is no doubt a farce. It doesn't annoy me too much though compared to the colts pish, as we are all keenly aware of how soulless and meaningless "Broomhill" is, so imo this is a match made in heaven (or if you ask me, in the deepest bowels of hell).

We will never have a fully-functioning pyramid until the Lowland League is gutted like a fish.

Gutted like a fish bit harsh!Broomhill are only one club within the lowland league granted who took their chance when it was presented to them once.other clubs had the same chances to do exaclty as they did but never took it,the lowland league regardless of what people think is thriving all this chat about name changes (i get that)the sfa signed off on that not the lowland league. again if the junior clubs had came over when they should have 5 seasons ago it might have been different.but they didn't.theres no rule about a clubs name.also no league can tell another league what to do.ground sharing is allowed under the rules you dont need to have youth set ups either.lets just see how it pans out.there are some well run clubs in the setup as well, who work their socks to keep going just like every other league in Scotland.

38 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Open Goal got popular off Si Ferry interviewing people which he is good at, now it's two podcasts that are average at best (they really only work as banter podcasts for OF fans for the majority of the time), and is only interesting when they're basically interviewing people again. I like Si Ferry and have more time for Open Goal than most I reckon, but this is no doubt a farce. It doesn't annoy me too much though compared to the colts pish, as we are all keenly aware of how soulless and meaningless "Broomhill" is, so imo this is a match made in heaven (or if you ask me, in the deepest bowels of hell).

We will never have a fully-functioning pyramid until the Lowland League is gutted like a fish.

“Doesn’t annoy you too much”, yes you can tell by the length of your post 🤦‍♂️😂😂

7 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I’ve never understood the “you need to have your own ground” argument. The finances in Scottish football dictate that it makes sense for teams to ground share. Where do you stop, do you take Clyde’s license away?

In time, yes. 

Why should club volunteers be busting their arses to raise money and maintain licesensed standard grounds when a travelling circus consisting of little more than a bag of strips can pitch up and get a license based on another teams ground.

Falkirk/East Stirlingshire sharing a ground is understandable but teams upping sticks and fucking off to new towns is ludicrous.

30 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

“Doesn’t annoy you too much”, yes you can tell by the length of your post 🤦‍♂️😂😂

Half of it is just about my opinion of Open Goal. Not my problem if you didn't (or can't) read it 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Lowland team said:

...again if the junior clubs had came over when they should have 5 seasons ago it might have been different...

That's ancient history. A genuine pyramid is in place now with the juniors on board. All that most of the founding clique of LL clubs are going to be remembered for in future where tier 5 is concerned is how they lingered there like a bad smell after refusing to do the decent thing on opening up relegation.

35 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

In time, yes. 

Why should club volunteers be busting their arses to raise money and maintain licesensed standard grounds when a travelling circus consisting of little more than a bag of strips can pitch up and get a license based on another teams ground.

Falkirk/East Stirlingshire sharing a ground is understandable but teams upping sticks and fucking off to new towns is ludicrous.

I get that as well moaned about it myself!!! but thats the rule the lowland league didn't make them the sfa did we spent £1000s putting ours together. and have spent alot just keeping it up to order.the fence alone was £32,000 just delivered not erected that was extra.caley braves where the same.i agee with you about east Stirlingshire at Falkirk they are in Stirlingshire.but the sfa decided ground sharing was acceptable 

8 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

That's ancient history. A genuine pyramid is in place now with the juniors on board. All that most of the founding clique of LL clubs are going to be remembered for in future where tier 5 is concerned is how they lingered there like a bad smell after refusing to do the decent thing on opening up relegation.

Will there be relegation and promotion this season.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Mate the ex juniors!!! have been on board for the last few years.thats why 3 have been promoted into the lowland league along with a south of scotland club in the last 5 seasons.another club would have been promoted but the wos.eos.and the sos stood there clubs down last term.and another one will be in at the end of this one.who knows hopefully it will be from the west.thats not ancient history thats fact.

21 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

In time, yes. 

You do realise that teams pay ground rental to the host club?

I have listened to f**k all of Open Goal apart from one advert, and I swear to god, I thought they literally could not read.

The main issue is that, yes, this stunt might get a few people interested but the problem is the people who are interested also paid money to pack out the Hydro for an interview with Paolo Di Canio six months ago.

Hard fucking pass.

Edited by VillanoXIV

On 05/05/2022 at 12:33, FairWeatherFan said:

The year that BSC Glasgow were accepted into the Lowland League there were 7 applicants. BSC and Edinburgh University were the only two selected.

BSC picked in part because of their 3 year lease to play at Ashfield. Where they would never play.

Seven? thats not what we were told. who were they??????