Bsc Glasgow

bpek

45 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

You’ll probably get more entertainment watching your own car crash at Bayview next season, if this season is anything to go by. 😃😃

Take that back. Nothing resembling entertainment has been spotted at Bayview in a long time.

At some point the partnership will cease i.e. once people get bored with Open Goal and watching ‘hilarious’ content featuring the Lowland League. At which point Ferry will bugger off. So maybe one season or two. Meanwhile clubs strive for promotion up the ladder (Darvel, Linlithgow etc) while clubs like this clog up the pyramid. And then there’s the Guest clubs. What a fcuking joke this league has become.

If this was any other company or podcast involved here the guys on the Open Goal would be all over it taking the p*ss. I am interested to see how it pans out though and how much financial backing there will be. Si should be able to attract good players if the money is there. Good luck to them but it is a bit farcical. 

Is Open Goal massively popular? Tbh I'd never heard of it before, and I'm a bit surprised that a free podcast on Scottish football could fund more than their studio tea bags.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Is Open Goal massively popular? Tbh I'd never heard of it before, and I'm a bit surprised that a free podcast on Scottish football could fund more than their studio tea bags.

They sold out a show at the  Hydro recently which holds thousands, cant say i have heard it myself but obviously has a decent following certainly more than most LL clubs by the looks of it.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Always assumed it was aimed fairly squarely at the hoardes of dribbling OF simpletons.

Extremely tinpot.

On the bright side I’m sure the Broomhill commentary team will love seeing Paul Slane run out at the Indodrill after not playing a senior match since 2016. Can see Ryan Conroy & Derek Lyle going in there too as they’re Ferry’s pals at Peterhead 

I genuinely fail to see any logic to this really other than it being a vanity project. Open Goal’s following is purely Old Firm fans (they openly make fun of the fact that Frank McAvennie doesn’t know any players at any other clubs in the Prem) and it’s not like they’re going to drop supporting them all of a sudden because a podcaster is managing them.

And of course, all of this in the Lowland League. They least ambitious league in football since 2013. Imagine being at a Talbot, Darvel, Tranent etc and looking at this. At what point does the shambles stop and a governing body gets involved?

4 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

See when all the Junior fans were slagging off the LL and, in particular, BSC I defended them. There's no divine right to be the "correct" way to run a football club and attaching a senior team onto a successful youth club that served the area well was a good idea. It still is (Bonnyton, Rossvale, St. Cadoc's, aren't doing too badly). Even when they were playing in Alloa it was fine as it was only a temporary measure. Now we're five year down the line, no attempt to remain attached to the youth club, serving the area in name only, lip service at best about returning to Glasgow, voting for the Colts and against relegation and now selling out the (albeit meaningless) name of the club to advertise a fucking podcast. Everything the Lowland League does to make it a laughing stock, from the outside, seems to be promoted by this shambles of a club and George Fraser.

The LL aren't at fault.the sfa passed it.

5 hours ago, peternapper said:

They sold out a show at the  Hydro recently which holds thousands, cant say i have heard it myself but obviously has a decent following certainly more than most LL clubs by the looks of it.

There's a fair difference 'fans' sitting in the warmth of the Hydro with some equally warm beers listening to some pish shouty patter than standing freezing your nuts off watching a game against University of Stirling during dark winter months.  I'm sure their fans will be nowhere to be seen.  Fingers crossed it all goes tits up.

7 hours ago, Dylan Easton Fanclub said:

...At what point does the shambles stop and a governing body gets involved?

Bear in mind the governing body had no problem licensing Edusport a few years back and plenty of posters on here were OK with it at the time as well. The LL has been an ongoing shambles since its launch in 2013 because of the lack of involvement of top junior clubs at the outset (plenty of people deserve a share of the blame for that) and it's only going to be corrected through many more seasons of pro/rel that will enable clubs to find their natural level.

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Si Ferry has an interview technique that gets people in the game to come out of their shell in a big way. He's a former Celtic player so he can share insider anecdotes with them that prompt them to do likewise and speaking with a strong Dundonian accent you wouldn't hear in a normal TV interview also seems to help. It's mainly Old Firm orientated as people are describing but not always. Dick Campbell was interviewed at one point.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

12 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I quite like a view from the Tarrace but open goal actually gives you a better insight into scottish football, Si Ferry's personality and interviewing technique actually gets the footballers interviewed to open up more and says things they would never say anywhere else. I would encourage anyone to look at his back catalogue of interviews.

15 minutes ago, LowerLeagueFC said:

half the folk on here would be creaming their pants if A View From the Terrace did this. Let them be and watch how it all unfolds

Is there beef between the podcasts? I'd also never heard of Open Goal but have listened to the Terrace a couple of times. Could the Terrace lads take over The Caledonia Braves for a Podcast Derby?

4 minutes ago, Lex said:

Is there beef between the podcasts? I'd also never heard of Open Goal but have listened to the Terrace a couple of times. Could the Terrace lads take over The Caledonia Braves for a Podcast Derby?

Wonder what's the most hipster non-league club out there for them?