Bsc Glasgow

bpek

3 minutes ago, Gimme said:

Yes that ties in with what was being said at Si Ferrys last home game for Peterhead on Saturday, hopefully all goes well for him in his new role. Think there will be a statement about it sometime this week.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

This has all the makings of an absolute car crash, I assume there will be a documentary about it could be an interesting yet curling watch.

Si Ferry as manager too, can see SLaney being a player soon.

5 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Si Ferry as manager too, can see SLaney being a player soon.

This has been rumoured for a while, and on the podcast for the past wee bit they've been talking about Slaney getting himself in shape to get a club, so signing as a player has probably been on the cards.

https://broomhillfc.com/broomhill-fc-agree-revolutionary-partnership-with-media-brand-open-goal

Broomhill FC are delighted to announce a historic partnership with football entertainment brand, Open Goal signifying the beginning of a new era for the club and lower league football in Scotland. 

Kicking off from the 2022/23 season, the club will be known as Open Goal Broomhill FC with former Swindon, Portsmouth and Dundee midfielder, Simon Ferry appointed as First Team Manager.

The move will provide unprecedented mass exposure to the Scottish Lowland League with Open Goal also launching a new online series to bring its 300,000-strong social media audience behind-the-curtain and into the inner-circle of the lower league game.

A variety of new club-related content will be created and distributed across Open Goal’s YouTube & social media platforms, including a monthly fly-on-the-wall documentary that will follow Open Goal Broomhill FC’s pursuit to gain promotion to the SPFL with the candid footage giving fans a unique and raw insight into Simon Ferry’s first foray into football management.

Additionally, a brand-new weekly podcast about the club will be launched which will feature guests from the team’s coaching and playing staff to provide regular updates from inside the dressing. It will join Open Goal’s popular line-up of existing shows, Keeping The Ball On The Ground, Right In The Coupon and Open Goal Meets…

Open Goal has become a staple in Scottish Football media with its award-winning YouTube and podcasts. Its continued success enabled the brand to diversify into live events with two sold-out shows at Glasgow’s Hydro Arena at the end of 2021. The latest move is the next phase in the media brand’s development, with its lead host Simon Ferry taking his long-desired first steps into football management.

Broomhill FC’s General Manager, George Fraser said: “We are absolutely delighted to be working with Open Goal, their vision for the club matches our own ambitions and we see it as the perfect partnership. 

“We have always been a club that does things differently and the chance to provide a platform for the team going forward, both on the park and off the park, is one that we couldn’t pass up. 

“Our club’s future is an exciting one and we can’t wait to have the opportunity to welcome Open Goal fans to our games and showcase the best of Scottish non-league football.”

Simon Ferry said: “I am absolutely delighted to have been given the opportunity to take on my first management role in football as it’s been an ambition of mine for some years now. 

“Being able to take this first step with Open Goal involved makes the prospect all the more exciting with it being part of this amazing and unique project. 

“We hope the phenomenal Open Goal fans get right behind the side and turn out in their numbers for each of our home games as the support will be vital in our pursuit for success. 

“There will be some fantastic online content to enjoy but first and foremost, my role here is purely focused on assembling a winning team on the park with the aim to bring silverware and hopefully promotion to the club.

“Finally, I would like to thank Jim McInally and the Peterhead Board for seven fantastic years at the club as a player and coach and for being so supportive in my decision to take on this next step in my coaching career.”

Open Goal’s Commercial Director, Duncan Frew said: “This is an incredibly exciting announcement for Open Goal, Broomhill FC and the Scottish Lowland League.

“It’s a new direction that allows us to continue to push the boundaries in showcasing Scottish Football in a positive, authentic and engaging manner through our video and podcast content. We’re hopeful the partnership will help to bring significant exposure to the lower league, driving attendees and interest in the game. 

“Simon is the ideal candidate for First Team Manager with a career spanning more than 14 years, he’s got a fantastic reputation and passion for the game, so we’re all looking forward to seeing how the team’s journey unfolds under his leadership.

“Our fanbase has been vital to our success and have been with us every step of the way on the journey – from our first Si Ferry Meets… interview to selling out the Hydro twice. We hope their continued support in this new venture can help bring success to Open Goal Broomhill FC as we look to shine the spotlight on the drama, character and excitement of the beautiful game of non-league football in Scotland.”

I've heard more discussion about non league football in the office in the last half hour than the previous 10 years combined. I think this will get eyeballs on the league initially but doubt it'll be long term. Questions I've been asked though are along the lines of "is that the league Linlithgow Rose are in" or "why are Auchinleck not in that league"

As someone previously said this bizarrely makes Broomhill less of a joke team as they've at least got their own gimmick now. 

Calling yourself Open Goal Broomhill FC is somehow worse than just Open Goal FC imo.

Anyway, I'm sure I speak for many of us when I say - it will be very funny if Ferry is a shit manager and a club named after his own podcast have to sack him half way through the season.

Does allowing the renaming fall under the LL or SFA? Trying to remember who told Stirling to do one when they wanted to have  a sponsorship deal and be known as the Stirling Meerkats a few years back?

Minter that the league is allowing this and I expect we'll see a league stuffed with the Amazon Prime Cumbernauld Colts, Dominos Pizza University of Stirling and Ratners Gretna 2008 before too long.

43 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

This will probably bring more exposure to the Lowland League than the Colts teams. Not sure if that's a good thing

Surely for a podcast about the LL to have any traction its going to need to be stuffed to the gills with pish about the "guest" clubs.

I've never heard the podcast and know nothing about it but are the people who currently listen going to be invested in listening to people talk about how they got humped by Caledonian Braves at the weekend. If the manager is the host its surely going to be as arselickingly bad as the current (well probably not current now) Broomhill social media. I look forward to the hard hitting interview with "Si" after they lose to Gretna on opening day.

7 minutes ago, drs said:

Does allowing the renaming fall under the LL or SFA? Trying to remember who told Stirling to do one when they wanted to have  a sponsorship deal and be known as the Stirling Meerkats a few years back?

Minter that the league is allowing this and I expect we'll see a league stuffed with the Amazon Prime Cumbernauld Colts, Dominos Pizza University of Stirling and Ratners Gretna 2008 before too long.

When switching from BSC Glasgow to Broomhill there was mention of the name change having to be okay'd.