Bsc Glasgow

bpek

3 minutes ago, Nigel Blackwell said:

The point I was making was that as things stand they could make it into the SPFL which surely is not the intention of the pyramid. It may be an accident of history that those two clubs are one step away from the SPFL but I really hope that clubs like that never make it.

Yip they could but won't, and now with the Pyramid in place these types of clubs in future can only ever start at the very bottom of the pile (unless you're a Colt team of course).

15 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Apologies if I wasn't clear. I never meant the clubs have taken the huff, they've been grand, just a lot of moaning from the fans. More spots for promotion and relegation will come either side of the Tay and that can and will happen without demeaning the clubs who's hard work has created the leagues they're desperate to reach

Most of the people on here asking for more promotion and relegation aren't really affiliated with the West either. Fact is, when you go back to 2017-18 increased promotion and relegation was heavily being talked about. That's without all the changes that followed. If anything the changes have seen the topic constantly punted down the road as not being "ready".

When it was the prospect of just the South and East licenced champions getting promoted automatically it was more palatable since clubs getting relegated from the LL thought they could bounce back.

10 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I don't see anyone demanding it,  just people pointing out the hypocrisy of the LL in restricting relegation/promotion whilst at the same time complaining about the SPFL doing likewise.

Remember, the LL/Fraser were baw deep in getting the West Juniors to move into the Pyramid system and clubs would rightly have expected an increase in promotion opportunties as a result.  No cheek involved.

It's a fair point but the LL has eight seasons behind it and they've still got just half a promotion spot. A real hypocritical position would be the Lowland League/Tier 5 getting extra promotion spots and withholding extra spaces from those below. I appreciate the LL were involved in bringing the WRJ in en masse in their current set up but why would those who moved expect an instantaneous increase in promotion spots unless that was a defined part of the agreement? If it was just a presumption on their part I don't think they can "rightly expect" anything.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Most of the people on here asking for more promotion and relegation aren't really affiliated with the West either. Fact is, when you go back to 2017-18 increased promotion and relegation was heavily being talked about. That's without all the changes that followed. If anything the changes have seen the topic constantly punted down the road as not being "ready".

Possibly misremembering but I thought back then that seemed about right with the poor quality of both the EoS and Sos (and lack of licensed clubs) at the time. It was when the junior exodus began and talk of bottlenecks at the top of the EoSFL that it really kicked off

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

It's a fair point but the LL has eight seasons behind it and they've still got just half a promotion spot. A real hypocritical position would be the Lowland League/Tier 5 getting extra promotion spots and withholding extra spaces from those below. I appreciate the LL were involved in bringing the WRJ in en masse in their current set up but why would those who moved expect an instantaneous increase in promotion spots unless that was a defined part of the agreement? If it was just a presumption on their part I don't think they can "rightly expect" anything.

That doesn't absolve the LL from actually doing the right thing, it was actually talked about 3 seasons ago when the moves in the East began happening and still here we are.  Fraser & Co talk about "ventilation" but it's only one way, and they poured petrol on the situation by admitting Colts and increasing the league to 18.

It's protectionism and if they ever want the SPFL to open up further, perhaps the LL need to set the example first.

5 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

It's protectionism and if they ever want the SPFL to open up further, perhaps the LL need to set the example first.

The OF Colts thing is beyond odious, no doubt there, so we can throw out any idea of the LL doing the right thing and setting an example if that's their way of playing. However I think if they opened up further to set the example it would lower the chance of the SPFL opening up. If they're only going to go with half a promotion place to league with teams like Vale of Leithen, Stirling Uni and such I can only imagine the fear they'd have about dropping into a league with Talbot, Pollok, Linlithgow Rose, Bo'ness, etc.

Like in England I think the only thing that will see promotion places opening up between league/non-league will be "bigger" clubs dropping down and repeatedly finishing just outside the promotion positions. Three or four years of Brechin getting beat in the play off or finishing just behind Buckie will make those worried about dropping down realise the bigger worry is not having a chance to climb back up. 

I think the LL and tier 6 will get something sorted long before the SPFL and tier 5 do. 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Do you not think it might be better for your health if you just put Marshmallow on ignore? You get annoyed every time he says/red dots something, most of the time it's not even anything to do with you. Strangers on the internet should not get to you this much. Life is too short man. 

Do you not think it might be better for your health if you just put me on ignore? You get annoyed every time I say something, every time it’s not even anything to do with you. Strangers on the internet should not get to you this much. Life is too short man.

2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Do you not think it might be better for your health if you just put me on ignore? You get annoyed every time I say something, every time it’s not even anything to do with you. Strangers on the internet should not get to you this much. Life is too short man.

:lol:

Enjoy your night m8.

4 hours ago, ski64 said:

Not sure what you're driving at but I have no axe to grind with anyone or club on here.

If someone responds to a comment or post I have written I like it at least out of courtesy regardless of whether I wholeheartedly agree with it.

There are clearly issues between clubs on here , all I asked for was a bit of background to appreciate others perspectives.

If the imbecile comment is aimed at me then please explain?

Not sure how you’ve managed to get your wires crossed here. You were obviously just trying to get a bit of background into the goings-on and chat surrounding BSC so I was looking for someone to cancel the downvotes given to your posts by the kiddy-on Falkirk fan and all round clown known as @Marshmallo which is who I was referring to as an imbecile. 

Fair enough and I appreciate it wasn't aimed at me.

As for down votes I'm not sure how that works or shows on a post.

Not sure how you’ve managed to get your wires crossed here. You were obviously just trying to get a bit of background into the goings-on and chat surrounding BSC so I was looking for someone to cancel the downvotes given to your posts by the kiddy-on Falkirk fan and all round clown known as [mention=20881]Marshmallo[/mention] which is who I was referring to as an imbecile. 

3 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

The OF Colts thing is beyond odious, no doubt there, so we can throw out any idea of the LL doing the right thing and setting an example if that's their way of playing. However I think if they opened up further to set the example it would lower the chance of the SPFL opening up. If they're only going to go with half a promotion place to league with teams like Vale of Leithen, Stirling Uni and such I can only imagine the fear they'd have about dropping into a league with Talbot, Pollok, Linlithgow Rose, Bo'ness, etc.

Like in England I think the only thing that will see promotion places opening up between league/non-league will be "bigger" clubs dropping down and repeatedly finishing just outside the promotion positions. Three or four years of Brechin getting beat in the play off or finishing just behind Buckie will make those worried about dropping down realise the bigger worry is not having a chance to climb back up. 

I think the LL and tier 6 will get something sorted long before the SPFL and tier 5 do. 

If anything I would think SPFL sides would be more happy dropping into a league with the likes of Talbot, Linlithgow, Pollok and the likes who would bring traveling away supports.

From my perspective I think there should be greater opportunities to move up and down the tiers .

The movement between 4 , 5 and 6 seems pretty restrictive and in favour of those further up the pyramid.

If teams meet the criteria to be in a particular tier then good luck to them as there are some clubs with real ambition and financial support to move up, I'm thinking in particular some ayrshire teams like Auchinleck and Darvel who could hold there own and in time progress to Tier 5 and in time who knows.

As for the old firm colts , can't blame them for trying to get in an give players game time. If the clubs voted it in with a majority there's not much can be done.
Previously most of them would have been in reserves but that structure seems to have stopped for many clubs, wrongly in my opinion. I suppose it does give opposition players of similar ages a chance to test themselves and there may be an increased spotlight on games.

It does present a strange league table given they cannot be promoted, currently.

I agree with more movement. This seaosn will show we can work with a league of 18, so relegate bottom and invite the 3 champions up.

2 automatic relegations spots and a playoff, with the winners of the 3 feeder leagues placed on a ppg system.

The chances of the SOSL producing a licensed champion is slim, so then the playoff wouldnt need to happen

3 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Yet some of those connected with the lower level SPFL sides use the weakness of the LL as an excuse to restrict relegation.

A strong LL without the likes of Braves, BSC, Colts, Edin Uni etc, and instead with Lithgae, Talbot, Meadow, Clydebank etc is a more attractive place to be surely. These clubs would bring more travelling supports in the LL than existing clubs do in L2.

On 26/07/2021 at 16:08, cowdenbeath said:

If anything I would think SPFL sides would be more happy dropping into a league with the likes of Talbot, Linlithgow, Pollok and the likes who would bring traveling away supports.

On 26/07/2021 at 16:24, Burnieman said:

Yet some of those connected with the lower level SPFL sides use the weakness of the LL as an excuse to restrict relegation.

A strong LL without the likes of Braves, BSC, Colts, Edin Uni etc, and instead with Lithgae, Talbot, Meadow, Clydebank etc is a more attractive place to be surely. These clubs would bring more travelling supports in the LL than existing clubs do in L2.

I'm sure the bigger former junior sides will probably bring bigger away supports than most L1/L2 teams (at least for a few seasons with the novelty of a new ground) but, even with an extra... 100 away fans compared to the 0 that some LL clubs bring now isn't that dwarfed by the loss in revenue from dropping out the league? (One for Shire and Berwick fans to answer) I guess it's swings and roundabouts whether you want an easier league to escape from, with lower income, or a harder league to leave but without the huge financial loss.

17 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I'm sure the bigger former junior sides will probably bring bigger away supports than most L1/L2 teams (at least for a few seasons with the novelty of a new ground) but, even with an extra... 100 away fans compared to the 0 that some LL clubs bring now isn't that dwarfed by the loss in revenue from dropping out the league? (One for Shire and Berwick fans to answer) I guess it's swings and roundabouts whether you want an easier league to escape from, with lower income, or a harder league to leave but without the huge financial loss.

Your income from leaving the SPFL would of course go down.

At least if you were playing some of the former junior sides with away supports it would soften the blow more than it would now.

Only sides currently which would potentially bring a decent amount of away fans would be Berwick, Bonnyrigg and maybe the Shire.

Also a league with these sides in it would perhaps make it easier to attract sponsorship to the league.

Time will tell I suppose.

Edited by cowdenbeath