Bsc Glasgow

bpek

48 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

This.  It's almost as if it's a vehicle to get a certain person an SFA blazer, he's got his foot on the first rung.

Their few supporters on here have also disappeared.

I could be wrong, I’ve been wrong and disappointed about GF with regard to the colts, but I don’t think that’s what is happening here.

but

I don’t see how BSC Broomhill Glasgow Alloa are sustainable in their present form. Once their funding supply is cut, as it must be at some point, the house of cards collapses?

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Someone like this post.

And this post.

And this.

No idea why the faux Falkirk fan is downvoting your posts. 

^^^ An utter drooling imbecile. 

image.gif.6b16beb59191dba7ab19dfd89ca18f21.gif

Do you not think it might be better for your health if you just put Marshmallow on ignore? You get annoyed every time he says/red dots something, most of the time it's not even anything to do with you. Strangers on the internet should not get to you this much. Life is too short man. 

1 hour ago, ski64 said:

Yes your right though there's always an element of the unknown as it would be new to any club entering the LL.

It certainly intrigues me how Talbot would do given the way they have built over time and have had continuous success in the " juniors" if they didn't replicate that immediately within LL.

The unknown for me is whether Talbot actually want to be on the lowland league. No local teams little established rivalries.

I think they’d be stick on favourites to win though if they were in it this season. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Do you not think it might be better for your health if you just put Marshmallow on ignore? You get annoyed every time he says/red dots something, most of the time it's not even anything to do with you. Strangers on the internet should not get to you this much. Life is too short man. 

I only see it if someone quotes him, so if it keeps him away from abusing someone else then it's fine by me.

55 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

This.  It's almost as if it's a vehicle to get a certain person an SFA blazer, he's got his foot on the first rung.

Their few supporters on here have also disappeared.

Certainly wasn't the original intention. Kenny Moyes was the name that was supposed to be the power behind BSC.

During the close season when BSC Glasgow got accepted into the WoSFL and Stephen Swift left for Stenhousemuir. That was the time to cut their losses at LL level and put those resources into the WoSFL side as they were left with little more than a rental agreement. As we've seen the first team squad scattered.

Of course they've doubled down and invited in the Colts.

4 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Certainly wasn't the original intention. Kenny Moyes was the name that was supposed to be the power behind BSC.

During the close season when BSC Glasgow got accepted into the WoSFL and Stephen Swift left for Stenhousemuir. That was the time to cut their losses at LL level and put those resources into the WoSFL side as they were left with little more than a rental agreement. As we've seen the first team squad scattered.

Of course they've doubled down and invited in the Colts.

The next step will be LL2 no doubt, with licensing requirements for entry.

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The next step will be LL2 no doubt, with licensing requirements for entry.

I'm sure it will be. The WoSFL and EoSFL should hold out against it. A LL2 is just trying to take the strength of those leagues for their own benefit nothing more.

20 minutes ago, BS7 said:

I could be wrong, I’ve been wrong and disappointed about GF with regard to the colts, but I don’t think that’s what is happening here.

but

I don’t see how BSC Broomhill Glasgow Alloa are sustainable in their present form. Once their funding supply is cut, as it must be at some point, the house of cards collapses?

And this is what is fundamentally wrong with the pyramid as it stands at the moment. Kelty do appear to have some sort of long term plan, in the way that Cove did, and Edinburgh do to an extent, but imagine if in two years time the SPFL contained Broomhill and Caledonian Braves? No community, no fans, in the case of Broomhill, no ground. And am I right in saying Caledonian Braves play on a caged in pitch? 

10 minutes ago, Nigel Blackwell said:

And this is what is fundamentally wrong with the pyramid as it stands at the moment. Kelty do appear to have some sort of long term plan, in the way that Cove did, and Edinburgh do to an extent, but imagine if in two years time the SPFL contained Broomhill and Caledonian Braves? No community, no fans, in the case of Broomhill, no ground. And am I right in saying Caledonian Braves play on a caged in pitch? 

Braves and Broomhill will gradually disappear, they're not getting anywhere near the SPFL once the likes of Talbot, Clydebank, Rose, Darvel etc get into the LL, the only way is downwards and that explains why the LL are as much of a closed shop as the SPFL with only 1 promotion spot, they can see what's coming at them over the brow of the hill.   It may also fuel LL2.

Edited by Burnieman

Fair point though they appear to be putting everything in place to be admitted if they qualify, so from the outside it would seem they want to.

The rivalry aspect is interesting and fans certainly enjoy this aspect but to progress they need to move upwards and establish new rivals.

I reckon you're right about being amongst the favourites too.

The unknown for me is whether Talbot actually want to be on the lowland league. No local teams little established rivalries.
I think they’d be stick on favourites to win though if they were in it this season. 

I don't know enough about individual teams to agree or disagree with the impact on those mentioned however I do agree with the need for greater movement between all tiers.

There is always protectionism within these set ups but for me it needs opened up as I said in a previous post.

1 up / down from any league is not enough.

Braves and Broomhill will gradually disappear, they're not getting anywhere near the SPFL once the likes of Talbot, Clydebank, Rose, Darvel etc get into the LL, the only way is downwards and that explains why the LL are as much of a closed shop as the SPFL with only 1 promotion spot, they can see what's coming at them over the brow of the hill.   It may also fuel LL2.

There's been little to no need for opening up promotion/relegation between tier 5 and 6 until, well, now. 

There was nothing below the Highland League and two poor leagues with almost no licensed clubs below the Lowland League. I'm not even sure of the numbers of licensed clubs in tier 6 now. I presume EoSFL has a few now. Of course, now, it should expand and it probably will in a couple of years or so once this massive pyramid expansion settles down but having folk who spent years doing all they could to put down the Lowland League and the pyramid suddenly crying that there aren't enough promotion spots when they haven't even managed a season is a bit rich. 

7 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I presume EoSFL has a few now. 

Maybe you should have found that out before making a complete spanner of yourself.

6 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

There's been little to no need for opening up promotion/relegation between tier 5 and 6 until, well, now. 

There was nothing below the Highland League and two poor leagues with almost no licensed clubs below the Lowland League. I'm not even sure of the numbers of licensed clubs in tier 6 now. I presume EoSFL has a few now. Of course, now, it should expand and it probably will in a couple of years or so once this massive pyramid expansion settles down but having folk who spent years doing all they could to put down the Lowland League and the pyramid suddenly crying that there aren't enough promotion spots when they haven't even managed a season is a bit rich. 

Well you don't even know how many EoS clubs are Licenced, 16 out of 18 licenced clubs are in the Premier and that's all that really matters.   Your argument was redundant last season and is even more redundant this season with most of the top WoS contenders also now licenced.

For this season both the WoS and EoS Champions could have been promoted to the LL, instead they'll likely have to PO against each other for promotion.

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

For this season both the WoS and EoS Champions could have been promoted to the LL, instead they'll likely have to PO against each other for promotion.

The WoSFL hasn't even had a season yet. They turn up years later, after doing all they could to dismiss the LL and pyramid as boys clubs and pub teams, and demand an immediate promotion place? It's a bit much. I agree there should be more promotion and relegation, and it will come, I just don't think it's a hell of a cheek to demand it right away

2 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

The WoSFL hasn't even had a season yet. They turn up years later, after doing all they could to dismiss the LL and pyramid as boys clubs and pub teams, and demand an immediate promotion place? It's a bit much. I agree there should be more promotion and relegation, and it will come, I just don't think it's a hell of a cheek to demand it right away

They have had a season. Its not their fault covid saw it abandoned. 

And you're  putting words in their mouth. Since they haven't demanded anything and signed up for the current LL playoff model with no fuss or negotiation. 

The main league body that's talked about more promotion & relegation has been the LL with George Fraser's ventilation line. 

The WoSFL are getting on with licensing and taking it from there. 

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

They have had a season. Its not their fault covid saw it abandoned. 

And you're  putting words in their mouth. Since they haven't demanded anything and signed up for the current LL playoff model with no fuss or negotiation. 

Apologies if I wasn't clear. I never meant the clubs have taken the huff, they've been grand, just a lot of moaning from the fans. More spots for promotion and relegation will come either side of the Tay and that can and will happen without demeaning the clubs who's hard work has created the leagues they're desperate to reach

Well I can't say I haven't had a response to my post yesterday with 45 comments since!

I certainly have a better understanding of the setup and the issues , cheers everyone [emoji106]

Looking forward to seeing how the season unfolds.

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

The point I was making was that as things stand they could make it into the SPFL which surely is not the intention of the pyramid. It may be an accident of history that those two clubs are one step away from the SPFL but I really hope that clubs like that never make it.

4 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I don't see anyone demanding it,  just people pointing out the hypocrisy of the LL in restricting relegation/promotion whilst at the same time complaining about the SPFL doing likewise.

Remember, the LL/Fraser were baw deep in getting the West Juniors to move into the Pyramid system and clubs would rightly have expected an increase in promotion opportunties as a result.  No cheek involved.