Bsc Glasgow

bpek

1 hour ago, ski64 said:

So an overwhelming vote in favour, are the other 10 clubs who voted for the colts held in the same regard?

Is it known who voted what way ?

Sorry for all the questions just trying to get an idea of the situation.

Bonnyrigg Rose, Bo'ness United, Civil Service Strollers, Dalbeattie Star, and Edinburgh University are meant to be the 5 that voted against.

For the resentment over the decision and the overwhelming vote in favour you have to take into account a club like Vale of Leithen were saved from relegation two seasons in a row. The Tier 6 leagues all came out against it with concerns over the integrity of the pyramid. Which right now has a valid concern with Rangers 'B' topping the table. If Brechin City made sure the SPFL & SFA went to a judge to confirm their actions, there's a decent chance any nominated LL champion would be challenged by the HL and Club 42.

15 hours ago, AlansHotBath said:

TBF calling them Sevco BSC in the replies is pretty lazy patter.

I’m all for a bit of banter, especially at the expense of BSC Alloa right now… but this coming from a team who voted FOR and from a guy who openly encouraged the move is a bit rich. He is just as bad for allowing it to happen!

They shouldn’t even be in the league anyway if there was any “ventilation” in the system…

Edited by Spyro

1 hour ago, ski64 said:

Do we have list of those in favour?

Basically Bonnyrigg Rose, Bo'ness United, Civil Service Strollers, Dalbeattie Star, and Edinburgh University are good guys

The rest are wanks, and that’s coming from someone who has always had a soft spot for Gala FR and VoL competing in that league and holding their own on their budgets after playing in the Borders when I was younger. They can rot with the rest of them now in my opinion

33 minutes ago, Spyro said:

I’m all for a bit of banter, especially at the expense of BSC Alloa right now… but this coming from a team who voted FOR and from a guy who openly encouraged the move is a bit rich. He is just as bad for allowing it to happen!

They shouldn’t even be in the league anyway if there was any “ventilation” in the system…

Bsc have every right to be inthe league. They engaged In the pyramid when the rest didnt

From my perspective I think there should be greater opportunities to move up and down the tiers .

The movement between 4 , 5 and 6 seems pretty restrictive and in favour of those further up the pyramid.

If teams meet the criteria to be in a particular tier then good luck to them as there are some clubs with real ambition and financial support to move up, I'm thinking in particular some ayrshire teams like Auchinleck and Darvel who could hold there own and in time progress to Tier 5 and in time who knows.

As for the old firm colts , can't blame them for trying to get in an give players game time. If the clubs voted it in with a majority there's not much can be done.
Previously most of them would have been in reserves but that structure seems to have stopped for many clubs, wrongly in my opinion. I suppose it does give opposition players of similar ages a chance to test themselves and there may be an increased spotlight on games.

It does present a strange league table given they cannot be promoted, currently.

6 minutes ago, ski64 said:

From my perspective I think there should be greater opportunities to move up and down the tiers .

The movement between 4 , 5 and 6 seems pretty restrictive and in favour of those further up the pyramid.

If teams meet the criteria to be in a particular tier then good luck to them as there are some clubs with real ambition and financial support to move up, I'm thinking in particular some ayrshire teams like Auchinleck and Darvel who could hold there own and in time progress to Tier 5 and in time who knows.

As for the old firm colts , can't blame them for trying to get in an give players game time. If the clubs voted it in with a majority there's not much can be done.
Previously most of them would have been in reserves but that structure seems to have stopped for many clubs, wrongly in my opinion. I suppose it does give opposition players of similar ages a chance to test themselves and there may be an increased spotlight on games.

It does present a strange league table given they cannot be promoted, currently.

The old firm colts idea is daft. I agree on movement up and down the leagues. Should be automatic relegation with a playoff between Lowland and Highland champions to go up.

As for relegation from tier 6 the problem with opening up more at the bottom is currently the lack of SOSFL teams wanting to go up and WOSFL teams are only at the start of their licensing journey. EOSFL 16 out of the 18 premier sides are licensed. We probably need to go to a Lowland League 2 because people keep saying about the SOSFL dropping down a level but I'm not sure how you could do that and how you could actually do that and where do they go if they go up.

31 minutes ago, yessiricanboogie said:

Bsc have every right to be inthe league. They engaged In the pyramid when the rest didnt

They do, the issue around them now is around their influence on the pyramid.

Go all the way back to 2018 you had that list of pros/cons on joining the pyramid. One of the things being looked at was to increase the movement between the Lowland and T6. That hasn't happened.

If anything by simplifying they've made it a little more restrictive. As the LL relegation rules circa 2018-19 would have seen Vale of Leithen relegated in 2020-21 with the 16th place being open to application.

There's been nothing to stop the LL opening up two promotion spots from Tier 6 using the existing LL Pyramid Play-off from this season. Instead they decided to bring in Colts, back the SPFL reconstruction proposal with the permanent introduction of 'B' teams, and paid lip service to those below Tier 5.

As for the suggestion of a LL2 that's just the same LL blazers trying to save themselves and not about progressing the pyramid.

I would go a step further and have the bottom of the division 2 go straight down and the winner of Highlands/ Lowland play off goes up, then the 9yh placed division 2 club plays the playoff loser.

Potentially 2 clubs moving up and it would freshen up Tiers 4 and 5.

Too many tier 4 clubs sole objective is not finishing last and even then they could stay up.

As for the colts idea I will wait until the halfway point to see what I think as I can see positives and negatives

The old firm colts idea is daft. I agree on movement up and down the leagues. Should be automatic relegation with a playoff between Lowland and Highland champions to go up.
As for relegation from tier 6 the problem with opening up more at the bottom is currently the lack of SOSFL teams wanting to go up and WOSFL teams are only at the start of their licensing journey. EOSFL 16 out of the 18 premier sides are licensed. We probably need to go to a Lowland League 2 because people keep saying about the SOSFL dropping down a level but I'm not sure how you could do that and how you could actually do that and where do they go if they go up.

25 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

They do, the issue around them now is around their influence on the pyramid.

Go all the way back to 2018 you had that list of pros/cons on joining the pyramid. One of the things being looked at was to increase the movement between the Lowland and T6. That hasn't happened.

If anything by simplifying they've made it a little more restrictive. As the LL relegation rules circa 2018-19 would have seen Vale of Leithen relegated in 2020-21 with the 16th place being open to application.

There's been nothing to stop the LL opening up two promotion spots from Tier 6 using the existing LL Pyramid Play-off from this season. Instead they decided to bring in Colts, back the SPFL reconstruction proposal with the permanent introduction of 'B' teams, and paid lip service to those below Tier 5.

As for the suggestion of a LL2 that's just the same LL blazers trying to save themselves and not about progressing the pyramid.

If BSC wherever they play now whatever they are called now, Cumbernauld Colts, Caledonian Braves or East Kilbride had to win the wosfl, then a play off v the eosfl to keep their place in the lowland league I’m far from convinced any of them would be able to. That suggests to me there’s a lack of mobility in the pyramid.

If you look at how well the likes of Talbot have done in recent years I reckon they would beat the Lowland league teams most weeks and Darvel clearly have big ambitions too.

However until one of them get there we won't know.

If BSC wherever they play now whatever they are called now, Cumbernauld Colts, Caledonian Braves or East Kilbride had to win the wosfl, then a play off v the eosfl to keep their place in the lowland league I’m far from convinced any of them would be able to. That suggests to me there’s a lack of mobility in the pyramid.

13 minutes ago, BS7 said:

EK is maybe the exception. Place the rest in the WoS Premier they'd probably be dealing in the same sort of market as Rossvale.

9 hours ago, yessiricanboogie said:

I meant VoL…

I have always said that BSC deserve to be there for the very reason you stated… doesn’t mean they aren’t scum for cheerleading the latest fiasco, coupled with the fact they seem to rub everyone up the wrong way (Maryhill, the real BSC Glasgow, etc.) and that they clearly have no intention for producing young talent from the youth team they took there name from or have ANY intentions on actually playing in Glasgow or they would’ve done it, or had a plan by now.

VoL have been bottom of that league for the previous 2 seasons, and while other leagues were also called early, there was still “ventilation” and movement where other teams have dropped down a tier to their rightful level. Where as VoL continue to be well out their depth at tier 5

Edited by Spyro

21 hours ago, ski64 said:

Cheers for the background, at least I have better appreciation of the history.

Was there a vote to allow colts to participate or was it a decision taken solely by the league?

Someone like this post.

21 hours ago, ski64 said:

So an overwhelming vote in favour, are the other 10 clubs who voted for the colts held in the same regard?

Is it known who voted what way ?

Sorry for all the questions just trying to get an idea of the situation.

And this post.

19 hours ago, ski64 said:

Do we have list of those in favour?

And this.

No idea why the faux Falkirk fan is downvoting your posts. 

18 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Best laugh I've had in ages

^^^ An utter drooling imbecile. 

image.gif.6b16beb59191dba7ab19dfd89ca18f21.gif

Not sure what you're driving at but I have no axe to grind with anyone or club on here.

If someone responds to a comment or post I have written I like it at least out of courtesy regardless of whether I wholeheartedly agree with it.

There are clearly issues between clubs on here , all I asked for was a bit of background to appreciate others perspectives.

If the imbecile comment is aimed at me then please explain?

^^^ An utter drooling imbecile. 

image.gif.6b16beb59191dba7ab19dfd89ca18f21.gif

16 hours ago, ski64 said:

If you look at how well the likes of Talbot have done in recent years I reckon they would beat the Lowland league teams most weeks and Darvel clearly have big ambitions too.

However until one of them get there we won't know.

We sort of do know though, given how Kelty, Bonnyrigg and Bo'ness have performed since being promoted into the Lowland League.

Not sure what you're driving at but I have no axe to grind with anyone or club on here.

If someone responds to a comment or post I have written I like it at least out of courtesy regardless of whether I wholeheartedly agree with it.

There are clearly issues between clubs on here , all I asked for was a bit of background to appreciate others perspectives.

If the imbecile comment is aimed at me then please explain?
I think he was referring to Marshmallo

Yes your right though there's always an element of the unknown as it would be new to any club entering the LL.

It certainly intrigues me how Talbot would do given the way they have built over time and have had continuous success in the " juniors" if they didn't replicate that immediately within LL.

We sort of do know though, given how Kelty, Bonnyrigg and Bo'ness have performed since being promoted into the Lowland League.

23 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

At this point they're basically a club propped up by unknown funding, no youth links, playing miles outside of Glasgow while attracting attendances of less than a 100. Despite all this they have a significant influence on the running of the non-league pyramid in the Lowland area.

This.  It's almost as if it's a vehicle to get a certain person an SFA blazer, he's got his foot on the first rung.

Their few supporters on here have also disappeared.