Bsc Glasgow

bpek

10 hours ago, the tin man said:
12 hours ago, McCulloch No.5 said:
How did the 2 Alloa loanees get on today? 

Williamson was decent today very neat on the ball. Evans came off the bench. Edinburgh uni n9 a handful the boy spellman. Broomhill will be kicking themselves they never won that today .

Thanks, caused a bit of a stir them going out on loan.

Williamson did fine at left back , think he forced a good save in 2nd half too , hard to make out it was him from where I was standing .

Does Evans normally play CF as he played wide and didn't seem entirely comfortable.

Difficult coming off bench , not knowing teammates etc.

Broomhill will look at that as dropped points though the equaliser was an absolute screamer that I doubt would be repeated too often.

Thanks, caused a bit of a stir them going out on loan.

47 minutes ago, ski64 said:

Williamson did fine at left back , think he forced a good save in 2nd half too , hard to make out it was him from where I was standing .

Does Evans normally play CF as he played wide and didn't seem entirely comfortable.

Difficult coming off bench , not knowing teammates etc.

Broomhill will look at that as dropped points though the equaliser was an absolute screamer that I doubt would be repeated too often.

Yeah Evans is a CF, didn't play at all last year, Williamson played LB about 9 times. Good luck for the season.

I will probably be at Wednesdays game and if there longer term I can let you know how they are doing.

Cheers

Yeah Evans is a CF, didn't play at all last year, Williamson played LB about 9 times. Good luck for the season.

With the u20s Development League fixtures and they list where the teams will be playing.

pre-split BSC Glasgow played out of Springburn Park most recently. Broomhill's Development team have moved to Toryglen. While BSC Glasgow's Development team are playing at a pitch in the Scotstoun complex. Makes me wonder if BSC Glasgow's long term plan maybe to turn that into a facility capable of meeting the WoSFL entry criteria.

10 hours ago, AlansHotBath said:

TBF calling them Sevco BSC in the replies is pretty lazy patter.

I'd like to see Vale digging teams out on twitter all season knowing they are going to be relegated this time. 

Calling them Sevco after voting Sevco colts into the LL...

Genuine question re Broomhill, why is there so much hate towards them .

I'm a newcomer to Lowland league so I don't know the background other than they are recently split from BSC and that BSC are also a relatively new club in football terms, though there are a few of them within the set up.

Tin hat on......

19 minutes ago, ski64 said:

Genuine question re Broomhill, why is there so much hate towards them .

I'm a newcomer to Lowland league so I don't know the background other than they are recently split from BSC and that BSC are also a relatively new club in football terms, though there are a few of them within the set up.

Tin hat on......

Accepted into the Lowland League back in 2014 under a 3 year lease at Ashfield. They were the first youth club entering the pyramid (EKFC get a bit of a pass on that). Skipping other established clubs who couldn't actually be bothered applying. Which was the original grudge against them.

It didn't help that they never played at Ashfield, as the ground wouldn't meet licencing standards. Which led to a 2 year stint at Maryhill that ended on bad terms. The team with 'Glasgow' in the name then started playing in Alloa with no plan for a ground of their own.

One of their committee (George Fraser) then becomes the LL Chairman, and de-facto face of league for most outsiders. The past couple of years through the PWG talks integrating Juniors into the pyramid and COVID has seen plenty of quotes by him dissected by the masses. Talking big and delivering little. With a general impression of self preservation becoming more noticeable over time.

Most recently it was his suggestion to invite the OF Colts into the Lowland League, days/weeks before saying that the LL should look at more "ventilation" between T5 and T6. Also being supportive of the plan to integrate 'B' teams into the pyramid permanently. 

Then this close season the youth club and the LL club split. The youth club starting a WoSFL side saying that the LL club were not integrating a player pathway and had no forseeable return to Glasgow anytime soon.

At this point they're basically a club propped up by unknown funding, no youth links, playing miles outside of Glasgow while attracting attendances of less than a 100. Despite all this they have a significant influence on the running of the non-league pyramid in the Lowland area.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Accepted into the Lowland League back in 2014 under a 3 year lease at Ashfield. They were the first youth club entering the pyramid (EKFC get a bit of a pass on that). Skipping other established clubs who couldn't actually be bothered applying. Which was the original grudge against them.

It didn't help that they never played at Ashfield, as the ground wouldn't meet licencing standards. Which led to a 2 year stint at Maryhill that ended on bad terms. The team with 'Glasgow' in the name then started playing in Alloa with no plan for a ground of their own.

One of their committee (George Fraser) then becomes the LL Chairman, and de-facto face of league for most outsiders. The past couple of years through the PWG talks integrating Juniors into the pyramid and COVID has seen plenty of quotes by him dissected by the masses. Talking big and delivering little. With a general impression of self preservation becoming more noticeable over time.

Most recently it was his suggestion to invite the OF Colts into the Lowland League, days/weeks before saying that the LL should look at more "ventilation" between T5 and T6. Also being supportive of the plan to integrate 'B' teams into the pyramid permanently. 

Then this close season the youth club and the LL club split. The youth club starting a WoSFL side saying that the LL club were not integrating a player pathway and had no forseeable return to Glasgow anytime soon.

At this point they're basically a club propped up by unknown funding, no youth links, playing miles outside of Glasgow while attracting attendances of less than a 100. Despite all this they have a significant influence on the running of the non-league pyramid in the Lowland area.

But apart from that...

Cheers for the background, at least I have better appreciation of the history.

Was there a vote to allow colts to participate or was it a decision taken solely by the league?

6 minutes ago, ski64 said:

Cheers for the background, at least I have better appreciation of the history.

Was there a vote to allow colts to participate or was it a decision taken solely by the league?

There was a vote. It's meant to have gone 11-5-1 with Kelty as the one abstaining.

There was a vote. It's meant to have gone 11-5-1 with Kelty as the one abstaining.

iirc Kelty only abstained from the first 'indicitive' vote. As for the final vote at AGM that's unknown far as I can recall.

So an overwhelming vote in favour, are the other 10 clubs who voted for the colts held in the same regard?

Is it known who voted what way ?

Sorry for all the questions just trying to get an idea of the situation.