Bsc Glasgow

bpek

Realise the club formerly known as BSC will be playing in the delayed 2019-20 South Challenge Cup final next month - under a different name or do they get the old strips out for one last time? :) Need HJ to tell us if something like this name change has ever happened before to a cup finalist.

On 14/06/2021 at 12:36, virginton said:

a franchise outfit who represent no community of interest other than their blazers and carful of weirdo fans as well. 

You just accurately described one of the clubs in the Scottish Premiership.... 

On 14/06/2021 at 12:36, virginton said:

They're getting the same patter for being a bunch of quislings, but the likes of Berwick aren't a franchise outfit who represent no community of interest other than their blazers and carful of weirdo fans as well. Either would have me rooting for every relegation until they're playing at the Sunday pub league level; both are grounds for expulsion. 

Hurting much??? 😂😂😂 I don’t understand why you are so bothered to be honest.

On 13/06/2021 at 22:30, Marten said:

The whole saga, BSC and people from BSC (like George Fraser) were clearly key in pushing this. I greatly blame George Fraser for this as he shouldn't have put it to a vote in the first place. Obviously it's not just BSC to blame for this, but this awful idea is something I won't forgive him & BSC for.

Dry your eyes ffs 😂😂

On 01/07/2021 at 17:49, Clown Job said:

Not a fan of that badge at all  nor the colours 

10B1DCEC-878A-40DF-8DFD-2A238D68C976.jpeg

That badge is comfortably the worst I have ever seen. It looks like something for a non-entity club in an old PES.

Given Broomhill FC could lay claim to most of the West End of Glasgow you'd think they could've done something cool with the Glasgow Uni tower, The Squinty Bridge, the Armadillo - heck even the Riverside Museum. 

I know they aren't technically in Broomhill, but they are close enough. That would give the club a bit of Glasgow related identity at least.

15 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

That badge is comfortably the worst I have ever seen. It looks like something for a non-entity club in an old PES.

Given Broomhill FC could lay claim to most of the West End of Glasgow you'd think they could've done something cool with the Glasgow Uni tower, The Squinty Bridge, the Armadillo - heck even the Riverside Museum. 

I know they aren't technically in Broomhill, but they are close enough. That would give the club a bit of Glasgow related identity at least.

They could use The Kincardine Bridge meantime.

On 01/07/2021 at 17:49, Clown Job said:

Not a fan of that badge at all  nor the colours 

10B1DCEC-878A-40DF-8DFD-2A238D68C976.jpeg

Take away the wording and it looks like a generic badge you would find on Football Manager.

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Beg to fucking differ on that one...

Edited by Hillonearth

Time to put this football club and thread to rest, and whilst at it do us all a favour and don’t start a new thread in this forum and give us all peace.

C’mon The Rose [emoji257][emoji257][emoji257]
More history in the senior ranks than your team [emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102]

On 01/07/2021 at 21:43, Ginaro said:

Realise the club formerly known as BSC will be playing in the delayed 2019-20 South Challenge Cup final next month - under a different name or do they get the old strips out for one last time? :) Need HJ to tell us if something like this name change has ever happened before to a cup finalist.

I was thinking about that the other day must be a first.

Also are there any players left from their semi final?

On 01/07/2021 at 21:43, Ginaro said:

Need HJ to tell us if something like this name change has ever happened before to a cup finalist.

19 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I was thinking about that the other day must be a first.

_41601334_potnoodle_203.jpg

Remember my mantra - barely anything in football has never happened before.

Wallace Cup Final 1st leg 1923-24 played by Dundee Hibernian... by time 2nd leg came along they were Dundee United. They were renamed mid-season.

Wallace Cup itself was previously Loftus Cup btw 😆.

Might have happened with other held-over ties (e.g. City Cup albeit having checked not Meadowbank > Livingston).

Is this a similar scenario to MK Dons and Wimbledon then? 

One team stealing another's place with a totally different identity.

Are they gonnae be able to compete like the old BSC in the league or will they be struggling near bottom?

This could give Marshy a heart attack if they end up piss poor and keep his beloved Vale up.Red dot and rage incoming :lol:

Wtf has happened to Jerry Maguire? Always  Had plenty previous to say aboot all things LL.

Edited by newcastle broon