Bsc Glasgow

bpek

Should hopefully all be resolved (name wise) this week - needed approval. Friendlies are unrelated…more a case of getting a squad in place first after so many moved on unexpectedly w/ Swifty.

Otherwise it’s business as usual. Still in Alloa, still aiming to move back to Glasgow.

32 minutes ago, ski64 said:

Will they still play their games at Alloa ?

Out of interest how much of a crowd do they get for home games? I'm guessing the short history and nomadic existence must make it hard to have a strong support.

League wise going by the headcount project you had:

2018-19 = 80

2019-20 = 114

Keep in mind headcounts, not having stats for every league tie and 2019-20 being curtailed it gives a rough idea.

Just now, Born To Run said:

Should hopefully all be resolved (name wise) this week - needed approval. Friendlies are unrelated…more a case of getting a squad in place first after so many moved on unexpectedly w/ Swifty.

Otherwise it’s business as usual. Still in Alloa, still aiming to move back to Glasgow.

Mentioned friendlies just because it would be a target to have everything sorted. Not wanting to confuse matters by promoting new fixtures under the old name.

Mentioned friendlies just because it would be a target to have everything sorted. Not wanting to confuse matters by promoting new fixtures under the old name.
Cheers, would appear a fair amount going on behind the scenes currently.

Time being tight with first fixtures on 17th July

I did notice the twitter account is going under the guise of formally known as...

3 minutes ago, ski64 said:

Cheers, would appear a fair amount going on behind the scenes currently.

Time being tight with first fixtures on 17th July

I did notice the twitter account is going under the guise of formally known as...

The turnover in manager and squad has understandably been a greater concern.

A new name without an area to tie itself towards is going to sound incredibly bland and generic. We'll see if it can top Shettleston Juniors rebrand into Glasgow United.

Yes without a "home" it's always difficult to build a support.

I presume a base in Glasgow under some guise is the preference.

Will watch developments with interest over coming days and weeks.

The turnover in manager and squad has understandably been a greater concern.
A new name without an area to tie itself towards is going to sound incredibly bland and generic. We'll see if it can top Shettleston Juniors rebrand into Glasgow United.

2 hours ago, Born To Run said:

Still Rats.

37 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If I were in their shoes I would have actively explored a name change to Third Lanark.

Depends if anyone owns the name.

Be a bit disrespectful to the old Thirds mind you, best just letting it go.