Bsc Glasgow

bpek

24 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Well they earnt their position in the LL by applying and making the effort to get licensed.

I wouldn't quite saying getting in by application is earning anything. In fact their initial inclusion was a bit of a fiasco, more so directed at the LL board for accepting them. The LL had a target to get all members licenced and accepted BSC Glasgow on a 3 year lease at Ashfield.

Only after that both the League and BSC Glasgow realised the pitch width would not meet licencing standards. Which was something picked up on right away by posters on here at the time.

BSC have earned their position by never being close to relegation.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I wouldn't quite saying getting in by application is earning anything.

There's a lot more to getting a license than just the pitch width. That didn't fall out of a tree. There was a lot of work required and BSC went about it and have been moderately successful since.

49 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

There's a lot more to getting a license than just the pitch width. That didn't fall out of a tree. There was a lot of work required and BSC went about it and have been moderately successful since.

What have the artists formally known as BSC done to get licensed? Paid rent on someone else's ground and used a Glasgow youth team under false pretences to the point said team told them to f**k off?

16 hours ago, Born To Run said:

There’s a lot of snobbery about us given the lack of history. Doesn’t really bother myself or anyone at the club tbh.

We are where we are in the pyramid on merit and ultimately all teams will find their level as things balance out.

This is very true and hopefully once the LL protectionism is sorted out proper clubs can pass you and Edusport by and see you playing at a more appropriate level in years to come. 

51 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Pretty fundamental part of it though. The fact BSC got a 3 year lease on a ground that would never meet licencing standards in that time and the LL Board accepted them without doing proper due diligence on that issue makes it hard to say they earned their way into the league.

59 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I wouldn't quite saying getting in by application is earning anything. In fact their initial inclusion was a bit of a fiasco, more so directed at the LL board for accepting them. The LL had a target to get all members licenced and accepted BSC Glasgow on a 3 year lease at Ashfield.

Only after that both the League and BSC Glasgow realised the pitch width would not meet licencing standards. Which was something picked up on right away by posters on here at the time.

BSC have earned their position by never being close to relegation.

How could anyone not know about the Ashfield pitch? It was a well known quirk of the juniors for years that it was narrow. (No criticism of Ashfield).

My point is, despite the statement, I don't think they're trying that hard. I don't understand why not, but the people running it obviously have access to the cash and clearly have the ability to negotiate. Why haven't they found a park?

22 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

How could anyone not know about the Ashfield pitch? It was a well known quirk of the juniors for years that it was narrow. (No criticism of Ashfield).

My point is, despite the statement, I don't think they're trying that hard. I don't understand why not, but the people running it obviously have access to the cash and clearly have the ability to negotiate. Why haven't they found a park?

On Ashfield, no clue. It looks like it wasn't until they started the licencing process someone pointed it out. Applicant deadline was March 31st 2014. They got accepted by the end of April. There was then this little write up.

http://slfl.co.uk/bsc-glasgow-introduction/

As you walk onto the playing surface at Saracen Park you get a feeling that you are stepping into a ‘real’ football stadium, you get the sense that Saracen Park has a wonderful story to tell, and it does.

ash4

Since being built in 1937 it has been used a dog racing tack, speedway track, the home of Ashfield Juniors and now the home of BSC Glasgow, on of the new additions to the Lowland league. Back in 1953 the stadium housed one of the biggest crowds to ever watch a junior football match when Ashfield Juniors played Clydebank, the home side ran out 6-1 winners on the day.

Next season it’s the ground that BSC Glasgow will call ‘home’. After reaching a three-year agreement with Ashfield Juniors BSC Glasgow will play all their home games at Saracen Park. BSC Glasgow are an ambitious sports club in Glasgow and currently have over seven hundred members, twenty eight youth football teams, eight netball teams and the club aim to expand to one and half thousand members within the next year.

saracen pk 2[1]

Director of Football, Kenny Moyes, said “We decided that as part of our development we should submit an application to the Lowland League as we are off the opinion that the Lowland League is a better standard and will allow us to develop young players. Currently we don’t have a team at this level and we have been overwhelmed by the quality of applicant we have been getting for the coaches job.

“We have been and watched some League games and I have been very impressed with the level of coaching and professionalism within the league, it seems to be having a very positive effect on the individual clubs. Our ethos is not to judge players at the age of ten or eleven, our club offers young players the opportunity to go and be the best player they can be.

“So far since we started developing youth players, over forty of them have gone on and signed with professional clubs. We hope to be in a position to announce our manager by the end of this month and we have already started planning for next season and we are really delighted to be given this chance.”

Club chairman Stephen Prince added “This is a great opportunity for our club and we will embrace and are delighted to be part of the Lowland League. We have had great support from Ashfield Juniors and they have done everything they can accommodate us. We are hoping that in the future to have a new facility and negotiations have already started between the local authority and ourselves.

“We have also started the process for gaining a license and we are confident that a license can be achieved without any major issues.”

BSC Glasgow will kick off next season on the grass pitch at Saracen Park that is ninety two meters in length and fifty six meters wide.

If you want to know more about this new up and coming club visit their website at http://www.broomhillsportsclub.org.uk

They're in the LL because Kenny Moyes had a lot of purchase at the time in the corridors of power at the SFA. Who knows whether he does, still.

With the breaking of the formal link with the boys club it's hard to see the purpose of the first team and 20s. The project made sense when the first team was an outlet for their youth teamers and with that community behind them lack of fans didn't quite matter so much. I quite appreciated that model and it does take time to build a fanbase and a home. Clearly this has drifted in the last few seasons when they've become a port of convenience for lower league jobbers.

Without that link with the youths the club are a badge, sixteen or so semi-pros, one or two officials, some uhlsport teamwear and the LL membership, nothing more. Will anyone other than Alloa even notice if they go?

3 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Entirely agree but there a dozen other LL clubs that aren't getting the same patter.

They're getting the same patter for being a bunch of quislings, but the likes of Berwick aren't a franchise outfit who represent no community of interest other than their blazers and carful of weirdo fans as well. Either would have me rooting for every relegation until they're playing at the Sunday pub league level; both are grounds for expulsion. 

Edited by vikingTON

18 hours ago, caleyth said:

Someone put this horrible lot out there misery. 

Thankfully someone put the Junior grade out of its misery.

Wonder if there really is a ground/ruined ground in Glasgow that they could use ? Maybe the £ spent on rent over the years could have been better used, I don't know. What will happen after 3 years at Ashfield, still be in the same homeless position ? Plenty of clubs down south have spent years ground sharing, with no interest in finding a home. 

1 minute ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Wonder if there really is a ground/ruined ground in Glasgow that they could use ? Maybe the £ spent on rent over the years could have been better used, I don't know. What will happen after 3 years at Ashfield, still be in the same homeless position ? Plenty of clubs down south have spent years ground sharing, with no interest in finding a home. 

If they were going to find something you would have thought it would have happened by now.

They have no traditional fanbase to upset so why would they care when it's mainly about direct participation? Playing in an SPFL ground no doubt makes themselves feel more big time than a groundshare with Petershill or Benburb would have. Fortunately they didn't get promoted in the early years of the new setup. Having them rather than Edinburgh City, Cove Rangers or Kelty Hearts blazing the trail would have risked a major backlash against the pyramid concept.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

13 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

They have no traditional fanbase to upset so why would they care when it's mainly about direct participation? Playing in an SPFL ground no doubt makes themselves feel more big time than a groundshare with Petershill or Benburb would have.

Big time has nothing to do with it. They needed a ground that would meet licencing standards. Petershill and Benburb didn't at the time, and Petershill already had Rossvale groundsharing with them.

I would have thought East Kilbride may have been an option to help out another LL club, but that's obviously never happened for some reason. They burnt bridges on the way out of Maryhill and probably prioritised a groundshare with an artificial surface to avoid weather postponements and in senior football due to the Junior/Senior calendar divide

With East Stirlingshire still at Ochilview and Cumbernauld Colts/Clyde sharing, it really left Alloa as the closest ground that would be happy to take on a long term tenant that fit their needs.

18 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

With East Stirlingshire still at Ochilview 

No they aren't and you're making excuses. They could be playing closer to "home" or accepted they don't have the infrastructure and gone down a level to share until they did.

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

No they aren't and you're making excuses. They could be playing closer to "home" or accepted they don't have the infrastructure and gone down a level to share until they did.

I'm not talking about now. I'm talking about when they moved to Alloa.

They tried playing closer to home, burnt bridges, and when they had to get out of Maryhill the nearest ground with a plastic pitch that, that met licencing standards, and had a spot for a tenant would have been East Kilbride, then Alloa or Livingston.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I'm not talking about now. I'm talking about when they moved to Alloa.

They tried playing closer to home, burnt bridges, and when they had to get out of Maryhill the nearest ground with a plastic pitch that, that met licencing standards, and had a spot for a tenant would have been East Kilbride, then Alloa or Livingston.

But there comes a point when you accept you're not ready for the level you aspire to.