Bsc Glasgow

bpek

On 17/04/2019 at 22:05, FairWeatherFan said:

So it's been pointed out in the Berwick Rangers thread that the Glasgow United plan has been scrapped.

This was from the 15th April and the deadline to vote was noted as tomorrow (April 16th), so presumably we'll find out the new name soon. The choices listed in the video are:

1. Alliance FC
  2. Black Falcons
  3. Caledonian Braves
  4. Copa FC
  5. Edusport Eagles
  6. Edusport Pheonix*
  7. FC Tribe
  8. FC Spero
  9. Pheonix FC*
  10. Lanarkshire Lynx
  11. Mondial FC
  12. Sporting Union FC
  13. FC Venom

Not sure if there was also a write in option, but i'm guessing that's how they got come of those names in the first place.

*That's how the video spells Phoenix.

Let's see if they can do better than this.

52 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

Sorry to disappoint, but the new moniker will be nice & simple. Nothing outlandish!

Maybes to the highest bidder though. ;)

Yous are well and truly taking the piss now just like Edu or whatever they're called did. 

3 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Maybes to the highest bidder though. ;)

Yous are well and truly taking the piss now just like Edu or whatever they're called did. 

I love how teams like Edu and BSC annoy people so much by just existing , it’s all very entertaining.

I've no connection to BSC, and no axe to grind.

They seem to have broken no rules. Last time I looked, they were second in the legaue, ahead of long-established "real" clubs like East Stirlingshire, Bonnyrigg and Berwick.

Do I detect the faint whiff of sour grapes?

3 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

They seem to have broken no rules. Last time I looked, they were second in the legaue, ahead of long-established "real" clubs like East Stirlingshire, Bonnyrigg and Berwick.

You can’t go around posting facts like that mate, you will never get away with it. 😂

Just now, Born To Run said:

There’s a lot of snobbery about us given the lack of history. Doesn’t really bother myself or anyone at the club tbh.

We are where we are in the pyramid on merit and ultimately all teams will find their level as things balance out.

Indeed. If BSC are indeed a "sham", a "disgrace" or a "Mickey Mouse club", what does that say about the 15 clubs below them?

1 minute ago, Born To Run said:

There’s a lot of snobbery about us given the lack of history.

I wouldn't say it's the lack of history that has led to the criticism. Notice how other new clubs largely avoid it except for BSC and Caledonian Braves. The common denominator between the two now are multiple grounds in different towns and now different names in the space of 8 years.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I wouldn't say it's the lack of history that has led to the criticism. Notice how other new clubs largely avoid it except for BSC and Caledonian Braves. The common denominator between the two now are multiple grounds in different towns and now different names in the space of 8 years.

Nail on the heed but the previous quotes just dont get it. 

Absolutely feck all to do wi history. 

16 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

I love how teams like Edu and BSC annoy people so much by just existing , it’s all very entertaining.

15 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

10 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

There’s a lot of snobbery about us given the lack of history. Doesn’t really bother myself or anyone at the club tbh.

We are where we are in the pyramid on merit and ultimately all teams will find their level as things balance out.

13 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

It's not "snobbery given lack if history", it's a bewilderment at representing no community whatsoever and an anger at being the primary club who waved in the Colts.

8 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Nail on the heed but the previous quotes just dont get it. 

Absolutely feck all to do wi history. 

But despite having no history, no home and no fans they're one whole division above Whitehill Welfare ....

3 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

But despite having no history, no home and no fans they're one whole division above Whitehill Welfare ....

Who mentioned history or fans and what the fcuk has ww got to do wi it? 

Ive defended BSC on many occasions wheres Jerry when you need him :lol:

36 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Since it was quoted as facts. The last everyone else checked BSC finished 2020-21 in 4th.

On the rules front when it comes to 'Colts' which is where some of the current negativity to BSC stems from. No rules were broken, just explicitly rewritten to allow it to happen after BSC invited them. Of course others would go on to vote for it so it's not like BSC alone get stick for that decision.

1 hour ago, Born To Run said:

I've often defended BSC on here. I definitely won't do that anymore. Yes, you have gone by the rules, but it has become a farce now. And the behaviour of BSC & people involved in the club around the colt team saga was awful. Without BSC it's unlikely we'd have these colt teams. Now we do and that can do major long-term damage to lower league football in Scotland.