Bsc Glasgow

bpek

On 22/05/2021 at 10:25, Marshmallo said:

It was noted on the Down the Divisions podcast last night that the youth and amateur team have split from the Lowland League Alloa team, and the new WoS team will be linked to the youth set up.

So we now have "BSC Glasgow" with no links to BSC or Glasgow playing in Alloa 🤷‍♂️

This is a bit like trying to follow the changes in the Sugababes.

I confess that I have not the faintest idea what is going on with this club which says everything. BSC = Broomhill Social Club but am I right in saying that they actually have no connection to Broomhill Social Club now? Nor do they have any connection to Glasgow. So what exactly is the point of this “club”?

It is situations like this that make an absolute mockery of the pyramid. This club is one mans play thing. They have no connection to any community. They don’t have a ground of their own. And they don’t have any supporters. What do they/he bring to Scottish football, apart from providing the Old Firm Colts a back door entry to the Scottish leagues, something the lower league clubs and their FANS have been battling against since the idea was first floated.

Congratulations to Kelty today, but imagine if it was BSC Glasgow taking the place of Brechin City, or any other established community lower league club. Honestly, how would that be for the good of Scottish football?

They are a sham of a club and are everything that is wrong with the pyramid.

1 minute ago, beaver1 said:

I confess that I have not the faintest idea what is going on with this club which says everything. BSC = Broomhill Social Club but am I right in saying that they actually have no connection to Broomhill Social Club now? Nor do they have any connection to Glasgow. So what exactly is the point of this “club”?

It is situations like this that make an absolute mockery of the pyramid. This club is one mans play thing. They have no connection to any community. They don’t have a ground of their own. And they don’t have any supporters. What do they/he bring to Scottish football, apart from providing the Old Firm Colts a back door entry to the Scottish leagues, something the lower league clubs and their FANS have been battling against since the idea was first floated.

Congratulations to Kelty today, but imagine if it was BSC Glasgow taking the place of Brechin City, or any other established community lower league club. Honestly, how would that be for the good of Scottish football?

Broomhill Sports Club tut tut Social Club.

2 hours ago, Perkin Flump said:

It might not be there anymore but when travelling into Glasgow from Singer when I lived in Clydebank, there was a Car Showroom that sat to the left of the station. No idea why it popped into my head but it was bugging me what it was as it was so unusual to see a Dealership for that brand.

Must have been before my time living here.

8 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Not sure of the locations of the new WoS clubs but are Bearsden and Milngavie still missing clubs in the pyramid? 

Always thought they'd end up there anyway

There is the west of scotland rugby club at Milngavie. Could support a team there, but dont think theres much appetite for football there. 
Prediction, BSC will become a puppet team for Rangers and play at Murray Park or something. 

5 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I live there and I'm trying to work out what you're referring to. The canal is on one side and there's flats on the other.

It used to be a Porsche garage but shut when the new one opened at Braehead. 

9 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

There is the west of scotland rugby club at Milngavie. Could support a team there, but dont think theres much appetite for football there. 

More appetite for a club there than there is for a second team in Alloa

14 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Turns out they cut ties on the day they were accepted into the WoSFL.

It seems quite poor from BSCGFC not to have put anything out considering they keep a a pretty constant social media presence. OF Colts, new manager, and new team have all taken a priority it seems. Two out of three of those being understandable.

image.thumb.png.af4952cc3b4788b244b0b89839962dda.png

Kind of makes me laugh a bit too, an extremely noisy Twitter account and social media presence, generally with plenty to say on anything, can't even provide the briefest of information on what appears to be a civil war that has left BSC Glasgow (Lowland League) as a standalone team with no home.

6 hours ago, beaver1 said:

Exactly a totally clueless chairman in every way,  a football manager computer game expert chief spokesman. Both have bizarrely found themselves in positions where they have a voice which is laughable someone just put them and us out of our misery and end them the pyramid already has enough serious problems as it is without this lot of cowboys. 

14 minutes ago, arnlow said:

Exactly a totally clueless chairman in every way,  a football manager computer game expert chief spokesman. Both have bizarrely found themselves in positions where they have a voice which is laughable someone just put them and us out of our misery and end them the pyramid already has enough serious problems as it is without this lot of cowboys. 

How laughable that someone who got involved with a club and genuinely wanted to help got a wee bit of responsibility, eh? 

I have a voice in the same way that any football fan has one. Not sure quite why that offends you.

7 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

How laughable that someone who got involved with a club and genuinely wanted to help got a wee bit of responsibility, eh? 

I have a voice in the same way that any football fan has one. Not sure quite why that offends you.

Apologies if this has already been asked, but what is your feeling regarding the BSC split and any potential renamings that could happen for the team?

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Apologies if this has already been asked, but what is your feeling regarding the BSC split and any potential renamings that could happen for the team?

I’m unsure as to exactly what will happen in all honesty.

I get why the youth setup have made the move given their statement. They’re using the full “Broomhill Sports Club” name as of now. As far as we (BSC) go? One of the two will need a rebrand, more likely to be ourselves I’d imagine.

Ultimately, the aim has always been to get a home ground in Glasgow and grow from there. I don’t see that changing tbh.

2 hours ago, Born To Run said:

I get why the youth setup have made the move given their statement. They’re using the full “Broomhill Sports Club” name as of now. As far as we (BSC) go? One of the two will need a rebrand, more likely to be ourselves I’d imagine.

Ultimately, the aim has always been to get a home ground in Glasgow and grow from there. I don’t see that changing tbh.

What became of Jerry McGuire on here that used to speak up for BSC (Alloa Wing)?

5 hours ago, Born To Run said:

From acceptance into the WoSFL through to announcement of manager & development team they've been referring to themselves as BSC Glasgow.

A rebrand. Find a home ground.

If it wasn’t so serious it would be funny.

The club is nothing. But it/he has engineered, somehow, a position of influence in Scottish football which is quite dangerous.

5 minutes ago, BS7 said:

So where do BSC Lowland League Development side fit in?

are they part of BSC Glasgow the book, or part of BSC Glasgow the movie?

I imagine the current BSC Glasgow (LL) Development are still linked to LL side  due to contracts/registrations. So have a team.

BSC Glasgow WoSFL are starting their own.

image.png.633255e2c8dcfca50247c055444b4e6c.png

5 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

What became of Jerry McGuire on here that used to speak up for BSC (Alloa Wing)?

Also had a voice/opinion for the Glasgow side as well to be fair as been posting since they formed. 

Dont think has posted since the early pages of the Colts thread though. 

33 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I imagine the current BSC Glasgow (LL) Development are still linked to LL side  due to contracts/registrations. So have a team.

BSC Glasgow WoSFL are starting their own.

image.png.633255e2c8dcfca50247c055444b4e6c.png

Thanks for that.

it doesn’t take a genius to look at the BSC Alloa team to see that most? Virtually all of them were full time up to the age of 21 so progression prospects for the development team are grim. Wonder if that team will move to BSC Originals

43 minutes ago, BS7 said:

Thanks for that.

it doesn’t take a genius to look at the BSC Alloa team to see that most? Virtually all of them were full time up to the age of 21 so progression prospects for the development team are grim. Wonder if that team will move to BSC Originals

To keep this simple i'm just going to use BSC Alloa and BSC Glasgow to make the distinction between the two now.

BSC Alloa's Development squad has been out of action for a year. I imagine some of them will have aged out of the u20 requirement and at the other end have been cut off from BSC Glasgow's youth teams. They might be scrambling for numbers because of it.

With BSC Glasgow having to set up a 1st team and u20 some of BSC Alloa's players with ties to the sports club might end up in either squad. For the u20 team though i'd guess the bulk of that will be a lower age group from their existing youth section stepping up to u20 level.