Bsc Glasgow

bpek

57 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

The downside of a successful run in the Scottish Cup. He deserves his chance at a higher level. He's been excellent the last couple of seasons. 

Agreed, always good to see players getting another chance - he started well when he came on loan to us but was pretty average for the rest of his time, albeit in a team pretty low on confidence. The past few years at this level has really seen him grow and he is well worthy of a move to a higher level.

Big boots to fill however, Orr and Collins will be big losses. Does the club have a big budget because of the cup run? I know that from the shires experience big teams at home in a cup doesn't necessarily mean a big pay day due to extra stewarding and police costs etc.  

8 hours ago, craigiemack said:

Agreed, always good to see players getting another chance - he started well when he came on loan to us but was pretty average for the rest of his time, albeit in a team pretty low on confidence. The past few years at this level has really seen him grow and he is well worthy of a move to a higher level.

Big boots to fill however, Orr and Collins will be big losses. Does the club have a big budget because of the cup run? I know that from the shires experience big teams at home in a cup doesn't necessarily mean a big pay day due to extra stewarding and police costs etc.  

Its never really been BSCs way to splash the cash for players so it will be interesting to see what we do. Pretty sure they made money last season but in the current situation I'd be very surprised if it was used on signing players. The joys of football at this level. 

Its never really been BSCs way to splash the cash for players so it will be interesting to see what we do. Pretty sure they made money last season but in the current situation I'd be very surprised if it was used on signing players. The joys of football at this level. 
Is ThAt BeCaUsE yOu DoNt HaVe ThE fAnBaSe To SuPpOrT yOuR aMbItIoNs?

7 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:
On 30/06/2020 at 08:13, Jerry Macguire said:

Is ThAt BeCaUsE yOu DoNt HaVe ThE fAnBaSe To SuPpOrT yOuR aMbItIoNs?

Absolutely 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, selfassemblyshire said:
3 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:
Absolutely emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I'm sure you'll be fine though. Still keeping the majority of your squad on again

Yeah we've got an established group. Its all about who the manager can bring in now to hopefully improve the squad.

There are two ways to look at this.

We've got a tremendous base with strength in nets, at the back and an ever-improving midfield. Assuming big Paolo returns, we only need a couple of strikers with pace. We get the recruitment right and there's no reason why we can't challenge again - at worst, I still expect us to be a capable top half side.

I've got faith in Swifty and his contacts tbh! He brought in Collins under the noses of many and look how well that turned out.

28 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

No he’s signed too.

Seems a strange one then maybe Jamie moving forward one ? Seems strange to spend what I would imagine small budget on a player when already have established player in that position. ? 

11 hours ago, Derry said:

Seems a strange one then maybe Jamie moving forward one ? Seems strange to spend what I would imagine small budget on a player when already have established player in that position. ? 

Who knows what the manager is thinking.  I do know we've lacked options down that left side and although we've been extremely lucky that Jamie Mills has stayed clear of injury, if we're to continue to compete at the top end of the league we need options. 

3 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Who knows what the manager is thinking.  I do know we've lacked options down that left side and although we've been extremely lucky that Jamie Mills has stayed clear of injury, if we're to continue to compete at the top end of the league we need options. 

Swifty would have known there was a possibility he would lose all three (Collins, Orr and Grehan). He's done better than most managers with his pick ups over the years. I think it might be harder now though with the West of Scotland joining the pyramid as he had previously plucked a few lads from the West juniors i.e Thomas Collins, Jamie Hamiltion etc and Covid-19 wouldn't have helped matters.

Still reckon BSC will be a top team in the league but it's going to be tougher with Kelty and Bonnyrigg seemingly settled minus a few signings yet to come. 

Edited by RampantFM

1 hour ago, RampantFM said:

Swifty would have known there was a possibility he would lose all three (Collins, Orr and Grehan). He's done better than most managers with his pick ups over the years. I think it might be harder now though with the West of Scotland joining the pyramid as he had previously plucked a few lads from the West juniors i.e Thomas Collins, Jamie Hamiltion etc and Covid-19 wouldn't have helped matters.

Still reckon BSC will be a top team in the league but it's going to be tougher with Kelty and Bonnyrigg seemingly settled minus a few signings yet to come. 

Is Grehan gone aswell

15 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Think he's off to Gartcairn. 

As you said above it will be difficult for teams at this level who are liable to lose players to the draw of the West of Scotland, even if it is stepping down a level or two of the pyramid 

1 hour ago, AlansHotBath said:

As you said above it will be difficult for teams at this level who are liable to lose players to the draw of the West of Scotland, even if it is stepping down a level or two of the pyramid 

Well shire lost Barclay and greene to it. 

Do bsc train in alloa 

12 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Well shire lost Barclay and greene to it. 

Do bsc train in alloa 

No. We train in Glasgow. Last season we shared New Tinto with Dumbarton, I think Scotstoun and Toll Cross have also been used.