Bsc Glasgow

bpek

8 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

No idea why there would be a need to move the game from Alloa, United play there regularly and Hibs have done so in the recent past. Think you can only move grounds on safety reasons anyway?

It was a weird question, I'm sure you're right that they can't just move it. Also, although both Dundee United & Hibs would take a decent following which could mean a very healthy attendance, they won't take that many that BSC will desperately want to play it at a bigger ground.

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

Inverkeithing will take offence at BSC claiming they are the youngest team in the pyramid :P

Tbf - I suppose they are if you class BSCG as being separate from Broomhill SC but consider the likes of Inverkeithing as not being so arms-length.

Must be 30+ clubs joined pyramid since BSCG :lol:.

If by foundation date Gretna, EK, Tweedmouth + Caledonian Braves appear younger than Broomhill SC.

Edited by HibeeJibee

5 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Tbf - I suppose they are if you class BSCG as being separate from Broomhill SC but consider the likes of Inverkeithing as not being so arms-length.

Must be 30+ clubs joined pyramid since BSCG :lol:.

If by foundation date Gretna, EK, Tweedmouth + Caledonian Braves appear younger than Broomhill SC.

Broomhill Sports Club are not and never have been SFA licence holders. BSC Glasgow FC is a separate entity that only came into being in 2014.

1 hour ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Absolutely no reason it can't be played at Alloa

Don't see any reason the game can't go ahead at the Indodrill. I don't think club's can just decide to change the venue so they can get a bigger crowd. Seemed a pretty daft question to ask the manager TBF.

Was an odd, and most probably ill informed question by Jonathon Sutherland.

But I do wonder if BSC might make efforts to play the game in Glasgow - Firhill is available that weekend. I assume BSC's contract with Alloa would only cover league matches, so there may be an avenue for them to play the game closer to 'home' should they wish?

Well done to BSC, they might be a new club but have always been a decent side to watch in the last few seasons.

They always have experienced pros and utilise them well.

I’m sure that when they find a place and relocate back to the Glasgow area their fan base will improve.

As for the continued snipping about them not having their own stadium, almost all the teams in the Lowland League rent/lease their stadiums.

All the best for the next round, you deserve it.

15 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Was an odd, and most probably ill informed question by Jonathon Sutherland.

But I do wonder if BSC might make efforts to play the game in Glasgow - Firhill is available that weekend. I assume BSC's contract with Alloa would only cover league matches, so there may be an avenue for them to play the game closer to 'home' should they wish?

Not so sure what the rules are on this. It would be brilliant if could move it to Glasgow but I don't think that will happen.

3 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Not so sure what the rules are on this. It would be brilliant if could move it to Glasgow but I don't think that will happen.

I noticed that had St. Mirren v Broxburn went to a replay, that match was scheduled for Livingston. That would have been on the basis of safety though (although Albyn Park could, in my opinion, easily handle a crowd of circa 2500), so matches can be moved.

Recreation Park can safely host BSC V Hibs/Dundee Utd, so the moving of it to Glasgow would be for no other reason than to play it in their home city - like yourself, not sure if thats permissable or not. Or if the club have any desire to either for that matter

23 minutes ago, Steven W said:

I noticed that had St. Mirren v Broxburn went to a replay, that match was scheduled for Livingston. That would have been on the basis of safety though (although Albyn Park could, in my opinion, easily handle a crowd of circa 2500), so matches can be moved.

Recreation Park can safely host BSC V Hibs/Dundee Utd, so the moving of it to Glasgow would be for no other reason than to play it in their home city - like yourself, not sure if thats permissable or not. Or if the club have any desire to either for that matter

The reason for Almondvale was because Broxburn's synthetic pitch is getting renewed right now.

3 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

The reason for Almondvale was because Broxburn's synthetic pitch is getting renewed right now.

Ah! I was unaware of that.

Glad to hear they're renewing that surface as it was getting in a bit of a state. Talking to Brian McNaughton once, he did concede that it maybe actually helps them, so the team themself might miss it

1 hour ago, ArabAuslander said:

If it's United that you do play that'll mean we'll have two games at Alloa in a week.

Aye but which one will be more important to you? Good to see the club have quashed all the rumours about trying to move the game. Game will definitely go ahead in Alloa.

1 minute ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Aye but which one will be more important to you? Good to see the club have quashed all the rumours about trying to move the game. Game will definitely go ahead in Alloa.

Cup. Although there's a small chance we can formally win the League at Alloa as well.

3 hours ago, The_Judge said:

Congratulations to BSC, worthy winners of Saturday's tie.  I said after your East Fife exploits that I hoped you got a glamour tie...well you've got one now :thumsup2.

Cheers Judge. Can’t help thinking it might have been a closer game had Ricky Miller not been cup tied. Absolutely delighted though. Biggest achievement in our very short history by far.

9 minutes ago, roseyposey1 said:

More chance of beating Dundee utd/Hibs than winning league lol although do us a favour and hump Kelty twice LOL. All the best in the 5th round though guys well deserved. Pity youse didn't get Hearts that's a winnable tie LOL

Cheers Rosey. I think😂