Bsc Glasgow

bpek

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Yes it is and I made Scotstoun up. It's a bit of a standing joke around here that they don't play locally. I've no idea what their plans are, but obviously Alloa isn't ideal.

Surely they could groundshare with a club from Glasgow? Even a junior club?

6 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

Surely they could groundshare with a club from Glasgow? Even a junior club?

You need a ground which meets club licensing requirements, floodlights for a start which rules out a number of grounds (unless BSC decide pay for them I suppose), and an artificial or really good pitch to survive a game each week.

Edited by Ginaro

7 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

You need a ground which meets club licensing requirements, floodlights for a start which rules out a number of grounds (unless BSC decide pay for them I suppose), and an artificial or really good pitch to survive a game each week.

A redeveloped Lesser Hampden with Queens Park.  Two stands and 1,700 capacity I believe.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Is that actually a thing, or just a random forum suggestion that's been doing the rounds?

Just a suggestion from me, but the redvelopment is happening along those lines so it would be a mutually beneficial groundshare for both IMO.

52 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

Congratulations to BSC. It would be nice for the club to return to Glasgow though. Could they not groundshare or play somewhere like Shawfield?

They joined LL on basis of groundsharing at Ashfield but it fell through before a ball was kicked.

They shared with Maryhill for 2 seasons but the soft park wasn't coping with 2 teams worth of games and there were also problems with Junior games being issued which clashed. According to a poster on here that has proved a similar stumbling block to sharing Petershill - and there was some kind of breakdown in the relationship at Maryhill.

They've shared at Alloa for 4 seasons now.

I'm sure they'd take a Glasgow venue if a compliant and workable one existed.

10 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

They joined LL on basis of groundsharing at Ashfield but it fell through before a ball was kicked.

They shared with Maryhill for 2 seasons but the soft park wasn't coping with 2 teams worth of games and there were also problems with Junior games being issued which clashed. According to a poster on here that has proved a similar stumbling block to sharing Petershill - and there was some kind of breakdown in the relationship at Maryhill.

They've shared at Alloa for 4 seasons now.

I'm sure they'd take a Glasgow venue if a compliant and workable one existed.

George Fraser's just answered my question...

If it ends up BSC v Dundee United I'm not at all jealous & gutted that we lost against yourselves. 😛

(only joking, I doubt we'd have beaten both East Fife & East Kilbride away anyway if we beat you guys, enjoy the occasion!)

Edited by Marten