Bsc Glasgow

bpek

18 minutes ago, gogsy said:

As the guy says its a bit of fun at the end of the season, more entertaining than this game that's on BBC at the moment.

No interest in TOTS. As far as I'm concerned Stephen Swift picks my team of the season.:thumsup2

19 hours ago, craigiemack said:

Maybe if BSC had any supporters they could have backed the players up?

ETA - The TOTS is a joke anyway. We shipped goals like it was going out of fashion but we’ve got a goalie and 2 defenders in it.

That’s an original one, :rolleyes:

It’s  always good when the attendance police come out to play, they always have a wide range of opinions on the subject. :rolleyes:

I’ve been to a fair few games this season across the grades, and to be honest I’ve never really bothered how many  were watching. As long as it doesn’t dilute the quality on the park then what’s the hassle?

11 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Anyone know of BSC are still planning to use Alloa’s ground next season? Thanks emoji106.png

I haven’t heard anything to the contrary so I assume we’ll be at Alloa next season. If I get any update from the club I’ll let you know. 

25 minutes ago, edinabear said:

If edusport can get their own ground then surely if is within the capabilities of BSC to do the same. 

Not too sure how Edusport getting a ground not in Glasgow can be linked to our search for a ground in Glasgow.  

37 minutes ago, edinabear said:

If edusport can get their own ground then surely if is within the capabilities of BSC to do the same. 

Edusport benefited by not having a fixed location targeted. Look at how Rossvale have just moved to the South side of Glasgow as the home they had built wasn't fit for their purpose. Kirkintilloch Rob Roy are playing out of Cumbernauld. Clydebank have benefited by having Yoker Athletic on their doorstep that took years to develop into a situation of them being co-tenants.

I'd imagine land/space in west end of Glasgow isn't cheap. Edusport's place in Bothwellhaugh was pre-existing albeit very basic

27 minutes ago, neil_rangers said:

Not really.

Yes its currently used as a Rugby Stadium, but surely it could easily be lined for football. Its close to Broomhill.

Think the problem is that BSC wouldn’t have “first priority” on the use of it, something that tripped 2 teams up on when trying to enter the EoS

23 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Think the problem is that BSC wouldn’t have “first priority” on the use of it, something that tripped 2 teams up on when trying to enter the EoS

Fair enough, although Warriors do play a number of games on Friday nights. Surely the teams could work around each other.

Also, what about Cumbernauld Colts/East Stirling and indeed BSC currently. Do any of them have first priority on their grounds at the moment?

2 minutes ago, neil_rangers said:

Fair enough, although Warriors do play a number of games on Friday nights. Surely the teams could work around each other.

Also, what about Cumbernauld Colts/East Stirling and indeed BSC currently. Do any of them have first priority on their grounds at the moment?

The reason it was asked if you were being funny is that it's something that gets asked regularly. BSC have tried, and the way I understand past discussion is that Warriors don't want them there.

Glasgow Life own Scotstoun Stadium. They will not let us in end of.

The most senior team gets first dibs, hence the lowland leagues fixtures are released after the SPFL. A curious anomaly of this rule is that Spartans don’t get first dibs on Ainslea Park, Edinburgh City do. What you find with most ground share clubs however is they work together to ensure everyone is accommodated.

4 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The reason it was asked if you were being funny is that it's something that gets asked regularly. BSC have tried, and the way I understand past discussion is that Warriors don't want them there.

This partly true but not the whole story I believe. We’ve been trying to get into Scotstoun long before Glasgow Warriors ever played there.

1 hour ago, neil_rangers said:

Not really.

Yes its currently used as a Rugby Stadium, but surely it could easily be lined for football. Its close to Broomhill.

Everyone involved with the running of the club lives  within spitting distance of the Scotstoun Show Ground. Most pass by it’s gates at least once a day, every day. It’s absolutely beyond my comprehension that people can assume we’ve never thought about it or tried to get in there. Sorry if I’m a bit tetchy on this subject but it’s starting to wear me down.