Bsc Glasgow

bpek

Lad has got pace to burn. Doesnt give defenders a minutes peace. I really liked him when he was with us. He was a bit younger and lacked experience but the potential was clear to see. 
Sounds good....cheers!

Whilst glancing at the SWFL site I noticed BSC's ladies team are playing at Scotsoun. Is Scotsoun in the pipeline for the mens team as well or do the issues that appeared when the mens team tried to secure Scotsoun still persist? I imagine scheduling is one as The Warriors play Fri/Sat but BSC ladies play Sunday thus no clash.

7 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Whilst glancing at the SWFL site I noticed BSC's ladies team are playing at Scotsoun. Is Scotsoun in the pipeline for the mens team as well or do the issues that appeared when the mens team tried to secure Scotsoun still persist? I imagine scheduling is one as The Warriors play Fri/Sat but BSC ladies play Sunday thus no clash.

Men's team cannot get into Scotstoun. The women, amateurs and sports club can all hire/use the outer pitches because they are not under the constraints re-SFA licence. 

• 3 weeks later...

Although Saints haven't announced it yet (and knowing them, might not even bother), Struthers, Ballantyne and O'Reilly have all been offered new contracts. Loan system has clearly worked for them and hopefully BSC, given their league finish. 

With no reserve side in Perth next season, a fair assumption that more young players could be headed for the Lowland League on loan. 

7 hours ago, Radford said:

Although Saints haven't announced it yet (and knowing them, might not even bother), Struthers, Ballantyne and O'Reilly have all been offered new contracts. Loan system has clearly worked for them and hopefully BSC, given their league finish. 

With no reserve side in Perth next season, a fair assumption that more young players could be headed for the Lowland League on loan. 

I certainly hope so. The standard of players we have been able to bring in this season from St Johnstone has helped us achieve a 2nd place finish. 

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, gogsy said:

To be honest I was surprised they continued with the cup after Kelty were knocked out, didn't seem to be any point playing any further matches. :)

Yeah you may well be be right mate. It was always going to a downward spiral once Barry Ferguson's ambitious Kelty Hearts had gone out.

8 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Still got the international businessman funded East Stirling in it though.

True. But in all my years of watching football it's usually players that win games not international business men. 2 great teams 1 great cup final. Can't wait.

Should be a cracking final at a picturesque setting even if it was an impressive 1st round win the way you steamrolled by us,win or lose you get stronger season after season. I think a lot of people without LL experience under estimate yer team Jerry. 

7 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Should be a cracking final at a picturesque setting even if it was an impressive 1st round win the way you steamrolled by us,win or lose you get stronger season after season. I think a lot of people without LL experience under estimate yer team Jerry. 

I just hope they keep underestimating us. Looking forward to the final it should be a really close game. 

13 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

I just hope they keep underestimating us. Looking forward to the final it should be a really close game. 

Don't know why people would underestimate yous top 3 in the last 2 seasons.

Can’t really add much to the above. Well done BSC. Great support from the Shire and a crowd of 346. Their keeper kept them in it and pushed hard for an equaliser but it didn’t quite come at the end. Good spectacle for the LL. 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

Fantastic performance from our players today and really delighted to finish the season on such a high. Shire contributed to a superb game and were very unlucky not to equalise just before the end. In my totally biased opinion we deserved to win though.

39 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Good to see BSC players losing the  plot over a wee twitter poll. :lol: 'Mon Angus Mailer

That’s no losing the plot. 2 players and a coach off during 90 minutes. A 3rd player sent off after the game. Now that’s what I call losing the plot.

Maybe if BSC had any supporters they could have backed the players up?

ETA - The TOTS is a joke anyway. We shipped goals like it was going out of fashion but we’ve got a goalie and 2 defenders in it.