Bsc Glasgow

bpek

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Radford said:

How have the three lads from St Johnstone - Ballantyne, Struthers and the now departed Sinclair - done during their time with BSC? 

Ross Sinclair is going to be a top, top goalkeeper absolutely outstanding for us. Cammy and Shaun have been brilliant and really made a strong impact since coming in.

The quality of young player coming out of St Johnstone (if these lads are anything to go on) is really high. Hopefully  we can provide these lads with a platform that will make them better players when they return to their parent club. 

Thanks for that. I know the manager rates Sinclair very highly; he believes he's the best goalkeeper of his age in Scotland.

It's been a hard season for a lot of the young players with the new reserve league not really working in their favour. They are short on games which is why these loan deals have been ideal, both for them and the club. From a Saints point of view it develops them and from their own side, it hopefully puts them in a shop window if they don't get a contract this summer.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Getting closer to home at least :rolleyes:

Screenshot_20190131-160532_Twitter.jpg

Struggling for petrol money at the moment, with Christmas and all. Privileged to support a club that cares for their supporter so much. Not to worry, back on track by the time we play Gretna.

8 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

No the best result for yous yesterday Jerry is that the light switched oot on any lingering title hopes.whats yer thoughts   ?

No doubt it’s going to be tough ask from here on in Newky.  I don’t think it’s all over just yet with EK still to play Kelty twice, Civil and us. There is no doubt EK are in the driving seat though.

If we are to continue any sort of challenge there needs to a big improvement on yesterday’s performance. It’s as bad I’ve seen us play in a long time. No doubt in my mind the 2 weeks without a match really hurt us. The one bright spot from yesterday was we maintained our unbeaten away record in the league. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, AlansHotBath said:

Just seen yous have signed Jamie McCormack, should be a really good signing, he was one of our best players last year. And since there's what, about 8 games left to play, he'll only have time to get about one red card 

Haven’t really seen enough of him to form an opinion yet. I felt he struggled a bit on Saturday against Edinburgh Uni, but tbh he had plenty of company with only Ross McMillan and Martin Grehan getting pass marks. He gives us competition at right back although between him and David Verlaque it’s probably a fairly even contest. Only 1 red card all season so hopefully he won’t add to it.

• 3 weeks later...
How did he get on? Decent lad, hasn't got much game time this season. 
Gave away a penalty 3 minutes in & handled outside the box not long after. Stabalized after that however. Hopefully can shake off the rust & put the mistakes behind him as he'll be Pollok's first choice for rest of the season as the clubs 1st choice is out for rest of season due to non-footballing reasons.

2 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
7 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:
How did he get on? Decent lad, hasn't got much game time this season. 

Gave away a penalty 3 minutes in & handled outside the box not long after. Stabalized after that however. Hopefully can shake off the rust & put the mistakes behind him as he'll be Pollok's first choice for rest of the season as the clubs 1st choice is out for rest of season due to non-footballing reasons.

Stick with him. He needs games and his confidence will grow. He was a big part of getting us past Cumbernauld Colts and into the 3rd round of the Scottish Cup for the first time in our history.  So he can and will do better. 

He gives us competition at right back although between him and David Verlaque it’s probably a fairly even contest.

I never released that David Verlaque was now playing for you? How has been? I liked him during his year or so at The Albion. Thought he was a decent player that Dave Mackay emptied just to put his own mark onto the team and that Verlaque had a bit to offer at this level, especially going forward.

13 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I never released that David Verlaque was now playing for you? How has been? I liked him during his year or so at The Albion. Thought he was a decent player that Dave Mackay emptied just to put his own mark onto the team and that Verlaque had a bit to offer at this level, especially going forward.

He's done well.  Replaced John Tennant (who was outstanding last season) at right back and has done pretty much everything the manager's asked of him. From what I hear he's a decent lad as well and well liked in the dressing room. 

12 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:

He's done well.  Replaced John Tennant (who was outstanding last season) at right back and has done pretty much everything the manager's asked of him. From what I hear he's a decent lad as well and well liked in the dressing room. 

Cheers for that @Jerry Macguire and I'm delighted to hear that he is doing well for you :)

• 2 weeks later...

Really pleased with the clubs business so far. Captain Ross McMillan, Ross Smith, Robbie McNab, Declan Hughes, Martin Grehan all signed up again for next season and new boy Thomas Collins joins us from Beith Juniors. Looking forward to seeing Collins for the first time on Saturday vs Ayr.

5 hours ago, mo83 said:

Montrose have signed a lad Blair Lyon on a pre-contract from Stirling uni I've read he played with you guys aswell.What like a player is he?

Lad has got pace to burn. Doesnt give defenders a minutes peace. I really liked him when he was with us. He was a bit younger and lacked experience but the potential was clear to see.