Bsc Glasgow

bpek

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Edinburgh City groundshare at the moment, and East Stirlingshire have done it in the past.

And if you read my quote it said plenty non league share at present wi SPFL counterparts but not SPFL wi SPFL unless I'm mistaken. 

Could be yet another ruling that gets made up though hasn't been a problem in the past but then again in the past there hasn't been any promotion to the SPFL :whistle

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Surely wi all the chaos surrounding Selkirk s demise and club 15 finishing bottom there should be something in place for guaranteeing a home venue for SPFL fitba. It's not just yoursels the likes of edusport as well or is this another loophole the powers that be at LL towers haven't looked into....

Not too sure what Selkirks demise has to do with ground sharing? We currently play at an SPFL venue as does Edusport. So why wouldn't SPFL football be guaranteed?

56 minutes ago, come on shire said:

I was at a Glasgow Warriors supporters event (I'm a season ticket holder) and noticed when we were leaving that BSC were training on the main side pitch. 

I can understand why it must be so frustrating to be connected with BSC but playing at Alloa.  So, If Scotstoun isn't an option then why not just ring-fence the main side pitch then 'voila'...

We did look at that but it came with strings attached that would have made it unworkable.  The SFA Licencing Committee would never have sanctioned it.

11 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Not too sure what Selkirks demise has to do with ground sharing? We currently play at an SPFL venue as does Edusport. So why wouldn't SPFL football be guaranteed?

Well club 15 suddenly automatically became relegated when everyone thought club 16 (Selkirk) went. There was confusion then. 

Yous are missing my point Just saying there may be confusion regarding groundshsharing with SPFL clubs. At present I don't think any SPFL clubs share? Surely the SPFL will need to know what ground you or anyone at that are using. Your post previously stated there's a closely guarded secret as if yer gonnae pull a rabbit oot the hat.

Canny see a problem wi an SPFL groundshare but the SPFL are hardly helping the LL at present wi only one promotion and the difficulty of 4 game play offs.

7 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Well club 15 suddenly automatically became relegated when everyone thought club 16 (Selkirk) went. There was confusion then. 

Yous are missing my point Just saying there may be confusion regarding groundshsharing with SPFL clubs. At present I don't think any SPFL clubs share? Surely the SPFL will need to know what ground you or anyone at that are using. Your post previously stated there's a closely guarded secret as if yer gonnae pull a rabbit oot the hat.

Canny see a problem wi an SPFL groundshare but the SPFL are hardly helping the LL at present wi only one promotion and the difficulty of 4 game play offs.

I'm doing this from my phone. So I've not had a thorough look, but groundsharing looks to be allowed.

I'm sure any candidate club will ensure to meet the specific requirements to allow it to happen.

Screenshot_2018-10-09-12-13-23.png

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

And if you read my quote it said plenty non league share at present wi SPFL counterparts but not SPFL wi SPFL unless I'm mistaken. 

Could be yet another ruling that gets made up though hasn't been a problem in the past but then again in the past there hasn't been any promotion to the SPFL :whistle

East Stirlingshire were one of the two I mentioned, and they shared with Stenhousemuir for years whilst in the SFL and then SPFL.

23 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

East Stirlingshire were one of the two I mentioned, and they shared with Stenhousemuir for years whilst in the SFL and then SPFL.

But there was nae promotion in the past I was just querying whether there'd be even more confusion if it wasn't written doon. 

Fairweather man called  it.

Edited by newcastle broon

3 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I think it was only confusing initially until everyone read the actual rule.

I've nothing against BSC and they have a solid squad of players but my point is, should they not be building solid foundations first, before flinging money at top players? 

It would be fantastic to see BSC getting a ground in their local area and attracting local support to give them a base to work from. The worry is that one day those businessmen won't have the cash to put into the side. It would be like the programme I watched last night about the RBS, how they became the biggest bank in the world but didn't have any spare cash......and then the financial collapse occurred. 

I don't know the ins and outs, however, I'm sure there will be a plan. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Seeing as BSC are an extension, of a sort, to the youth club... how many of their current squad/first team have came through their own youth system?

In the current squad we have 2 players from our under 20s. In the 3 seasons we’ve had an  under 20s squad another 5 or 6 players have been given the opportunity before moving on.

22 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

In the current squad we have 2 players from our under 20s. In the 3 seasons we’ve had an  under 20s squad another 5 or 6 players have been given the opportunity before moving on.

I should add that this season also another 2 player's from our current U20s have been given game time.

• 2 weeks later...