Bsc Glasgow

bpek

Greene stood out for Shire today (just as well, wearing those boots...) and Ashe was impressive. For BSC, wee Stevie was quiet and Strachan seemed to stay in central midfield interestingly. The narrowed Indodrill pitch might be a hindrance this season, really tightens everything up and makes it hard to find space.

1 hour ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Not much between the teams. Both poor in the final third. On another day this was easily 3 each possibly more.

Best performance I've seen yet from Robbie McNab in the middle of the park. Ee managed to keep Strachan and Murray quiet which probably signficantly helped our cause.

Fair comments. Both teams look a little short of fitness at this early stage of the season. Star performers from BSC was Joe Irvine and Tom Orr, but really nothing between the sides. Looking forward to Wednesday's game. 

3 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

Greene stood out for Shire today (just as well, wearing those boots...) and Ashe was impressive. For BSC, wee Stevie was quiet and Strachan seemed to stay in central midfield interestingly. The narrowed Indodrill pitch might be a hindrance this season, really tightens everything up and makes it hard to find space.

Don't think the narrow pitch suited either side today. Both teams looked decent in spells BSC will consider themselves unlucky hitting the post then losing an og.

Fair comments. Both teams look a little short of fitness at this early stage of the season. Star performers from BSC was Joe Irvine and Tom Orr, but really nothing between the sides. Looking forward to Wednesday's game. 
Yeah I agree. One of our wingers came on and was stretchung for cramp after about 5-10 minutes [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Huge park on Wednesday so it could be a 10 goal thriller

Alloa pitch has been made incredibly narrow, this season. 

We measured the distance from the old touchline to the new one, using one of our supporters. We made it 2 and a half Euans narrower on each side. That's 5 wee drunk guys, laid end to end, in total. 

10 minutes ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

I don’t think that is feasible do you? It would mean the pitch would need to be re-lined every week.

Aye it would be a lot of pissing about doing that for every game. If Alloa get relegated it will go back to normal.

4 hours ago, Jason King said:

The pitch narrowing is for Alloa in the Championship, surely BSC can widen the pitch for their own games in the LL?

1 hour ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

I don’t think that is feasible do you? It would mean the pitch would need to be re-lined every week.

... and it's 3G.

5 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

... and it's 3G.

I don't think the fact its a 3G would be an issue relining it would be an issue. The old markings are still there just been painted over in green (their not "built in" to the surface) it would probably be just too much hassle changing them all the time.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

I don't think the fact its a 3G would be an issue relining it would be an issue. The old markings are still there just been painted over in green (their not "built in" to the surface) it would probably be just too much hassle changing them all the time.

Spot on. But more simple than that. It’s not our ground so we cannot do anything to the pitch. 

10 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Spot on. But more simple than that. It’s not our ground so we cannot do anything to the pitch. 

That's what I was originally getting at a few posts back I doubt if Alloa and their ground staff would change it every week. Not ideal but I suppose your players will get used to it after a while.

Jerry, I can only apologise but you were robbed a blinder tonight.

I found it ironic that out of all the brilliant chances you had it was a bit of a goalmouth scramble after a mistake from our Player of the Year to be (he wins it regardless).

Barclay's save from Orr at the end was unreal, throw that in with the 3/4 good saves in the first half too and you have a completely different game.

We scored with our only real chance agsinst a keeper that looked shaky, not that anybody would've saved the goal anyway.

BSC looked much better with Strachan out wide and Murray in the middle and if they take their chances wont be far away again.

1 hour ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Jerry, I can only apologise but you were robbed a blinder tonight.

I found it ironic that out of all the brilliant chances you had it was a bit of a goalmouth scramble after a mistake from our Player of the Year to be (he wins it regardless).

Barclay's save from Orr at the end was unreal, throw that in with the 3/4 good saves in the first half too and you have a completely different game.

We scored with our only real chance agsinst a keeper that looked shaky, not that anybody would've saved the goal anyway.

BSC looked much better with Strachan out wide and Murray in the middle and if they take their chances wont be far away again.

No apology necessary, we didnt take our chances plain and simple. The fact we didn't take them i think is down to a lack of match sharpness. But that will come. Lots of positives from tonight though, not least Ross McMillan re-signing before the game.

As for the game itself, your goalkeeper Barclay! That is all I have to say.

It was a real pleasure to visit you tonight at your new home. The banter was great (as always) and I'm sure teams are going to find it a tough place to visit.

We just need to take 3 points on Saturday to make up for tonight's disappointment.:thumsup2

• 2 weeks later...

Mrs The Hunter and myself were two of the 30 souls who took in BSC Glasgow v Edusport Academy in the Lowland League at Alloa yesterday. Some fantastic late drama in what was a pretty good game.

https://piesontheterraces.wordpress.com/2018/08/19/bsc-glasgow-v-edusport-academy/