Bsc Glasgow

bpek

12 hours ago, edinabear said:

A bit early I know but are BSC ready on/off the pitch for League 2? What sort of fan base is there?

Way too early edinabear. Spartans are on terrific form and from what I've seen so far the best team we've played. EK are not out of it yet either so finishing above these two is going to be a challenge. Hopefully when we get a move back to Glasgow we can grow our support, that said I think our current form is attracting new faces all the time.

5 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Lets not forget that Selkirk would be on the same points as EK, and only 1pt behind Spartans, if they won their games-in-hand.

Absolutely you can also add Colts, Gretna and Stirling Uni to that list, all showing good form, personally I don't think Shire will be to far away come the end of the season either. The reason I mentioned Spartans is that everyone seems to be focused on EK, not sure if it's because they have the best squad, apparently. :whistle

Absolutely you can also add Colts, Gretna and Stirling Uni to that list, all showing good form, personally I don't think Shire will be to far away come the end of the season either. The reason I mentioned Spartans is that everyone seems to be focused on EK, not sure if it's because they have the best squad, apparently. :whistle

The shire wont get top 4

On 04/10/2017 at 23:43, edinabear said:

A bit early I know but are BSC ready on/off the pitch for League 2? What sort of fan base is there?

Poor comment Edna ;)

As long as they sustain results and win the LL and a potential play off (let's no forget) on merit I don't see wtf it has to do with a fan base. 

Ffs teams challenging at the top of LL were only boys clubs etc blah blah blah only a few short seasons ago! 

Good luck to them all I say? 

Bsc got what they deserved from the game yesterday absolutely nothing they had a good first 20 minutes and to be fair they could easily have been 4 up but failed to take their chances when they went 1up they seemed to take their foot off the gas and that allowed ccs to come into the match Bsc should've had a stone wall penalty in the first half but instead the player was booked for simulation the ref was asked the question and he said there was minimal contact Wtf does that mean there's contact never the less the striker had already taken it round the keeper and was ready to roll the ball into the net when the keeper brought him down, Bsc will pick themselves up and brush themselves down and go again against Buckie thistle in the Scottish cup next week

On 10/8/2017 at 09:21, bpek said:

Bsc got what they deserved from the game yesterday absolutely nothing they had a good first 20 minutes and to be fair they could easily have been 4 up but failed to take their chances when they went 1up they seemed to take their foot off the gas and that allowed ccs to come into the match Bsc should've had a stone wall penalty in the first half but instead the player was booked for simulation the ref was asked the question and he said there was minimal contact Wtf does that mean there's contact never the less the striker had already taken it round the keeper and was ready to roll the ball into the net when the keeper brought him down, Bsc will pick themselves up and brush themselves down and go again against Buckie thistle in the Scottish cup next week

I was at the match too. 

I remember thinking to myself after about 20 odd minutes "there's a gulf in class between these two sides". Had you told me at that point that CSS would win the match I wouldn't have believed you!! As it turned out CSS were worth their win, although BSC have cause for complaint with the penalty claim (stonewaller) and the offside goal (not sure if it was or wasn't but i tend to think it was onside just judging by the players' reactions). One final thought though - why oh why did the BSC keeper not wear a hat in the second half - the sun was absolutely blinding, and i tend to think it had a bearing on events (came as no surprise when CSS scored from a corner)

This is my first post on P+B - seems a good place for LL chat; a league which is rapidly turning into my favourite!

Didn't see that Scottish Cup defeat coming but tricky away tie and Buckie on their day are a handful...sure BSC would rather still be in the cup but just have to focus on the league which is hotting up as EK maybe starting to get some momentum?

It was their number 9 John McLeod involved in the pen. Big Ross McMillan puts in the tackle and to me wins the ball and the big striker trips over Ross's legs. Ref couldn't wait to give the pen. Tbh we were destroyed in that first half and although the early penalty was a set back our performance in the first half fell well short of anything we've seen so far this season. Second half and Stevie Murray comes on and changes the game. A free kick from Murray a pen won by Jack and scored by big Paolo and they were rattled. If Jamie Mills shot goes in with the score a 4-2 instead of hitting the post then it really would have been game on. Unfortunately cue the ref who had a shocker all day to give McMillan a second yellow for persistent fouling (apparently)and it's game over. Buckie deserved their win for that blistering first half performance but it was a sore one to take.

The referee was bloody awful but for both sides but the two major decisions went against Bsc never a penalty and never a booking that led to the sending off, Bsc were terrific in the second half but the sending off just deflated the guys

• 2 weeks later...