Bsc Glasgow

bpek

8 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:

It's funny we hadn't seen that from them before. It was almost as if we thought they could take it a bit easier and we would still get the result. Suspect the manager got the players to revise their thinking at half time. The level we played the second half at is the level we will need to play at ever week, if we want to achieve something in the league.

I was sitting just above Stevie Swift's (ex Cowden player) dug out and he certainly wasn't happy as the 1st half went on, I would imagine he would have given them a kick up the arse at half time, whatever he said it worked!

3rd away game of the season tomorrow and it doesn't get any easier. Spartans at Ainslie Park will possibly be the toughest test we've faced yet. I must admit though I'm much more confident of getting a result than I was on our last away game at Spartans. (Last seasons League cup final)

6 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:

3rd away game of the season tomorrow and it doesn't get any easier. Spartans at Ainslie Park will possibly be the toughest test we've faced yet. I must admit though I'm much more confident of getting a result than I was on our last away game at Spartans. (Last seasons League cup final)

I think it will be a tall order to go there and get a result for you, Spartans look to be the team to beat this season.

What a day. What a result. Overheard one their coaches at full time moaning how they had been dragged into a juniors game. Fact is we physically dominated them, especially in the second half. Great goals from two of last seasons stalwarts, Robbie Duncan (who's had an excellent start to the season) and the winner from Gary Redpath. Not getting carried away though because we have another tough away game next Saturday at Selkirk. 

12 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

Wow....when I checked the BBC site for scores earlier I could have sworn it said 'Spartans 2 - 1 BSC Glasgow'!!

That is indeed a tremendous result :thumsup2.

It still says that! On the league page Spartans are currently top with 12 points and 4 wins I was a bit confused for a bit there until I checked the Spartans twitter.

Brilliant stuff for BSC, that's (on paper at least) three of their toughest games out of the way after four weeks.

Untitled.jpg

24 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

Wow....when I checked the BBC site for scores earlier I could have sworn it said 'Spartans 2 - 1 BSC Glasgow'!!

That is indeed a tremendous result :thumsup2.

BBC Scotland gets it wrong. Who would have thought? Stick to Twitter if you want to know the actual scores.

Lol, Bsc not a bad junior team, pumped east Stirling away managed 1-1 at kpark beat Spartans at their midden and a 4-1 win v Edinburgh university

We have been getting called a boys club for years now. Seems to be when your club starts doing well on the park others pick the bones out of your history and set up. Good luck to yous. Let the results do the talking.

8 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

We have been getting called a boys club for years now. Seems to be when your club starts doing well on the park others pick the bones out of your history and set up. Good luck to yous. Let the results do the talking.

Ye canny argue wi the facts John that's championship winning form against all the teams round about them expecting to challenge for the league. 

5 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

On another note, good to see your good early form hasnt went to your head a littleemoji16.pngemoji16.pngemoji16.png

No arguement from me newky. I totally agree. Bsc are the form team. I said it on another thread before the first ball was kicked that i fancied them to be up there with the players they brought in over the summer. Long season tho as you know. And plenty teams capable of taking points of any team on there day. Shows how strong league is getting year on year.

3 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Ye canny argue wi the facts John that's championship winning form against all the teams round about them expecting to challenge for the league. 

The form is good and let's hope it continues but consistently winning against the teams below you is what wins you leagues. We've been great against the top 3 but just look at Spartans, they're results against the top sides last season were excellent yet they finished 3rd. To win you need to do what EK did last season. Go on a run and keep beating the teams below you.