Bsc Glasgow

bpek

• 1 month later...

Surprised to hear that BSC have parted company with Mark Adams. 

For a team I've often defended for their move miles away from Glasgow I think they will find it difficult to replace someone with  the time and dedication Mark put in. 

Will the new coach be central based (alloa)  or Glasgow based? 

Whoever takes it on will need assurances that's for sure. 

Oh and good luck to Mark wherever yer next venture may be. 

The vacancy has only just been advertised.
In my opinion Mark is an excellent coach.
Stephen is very similar although he was very successful during his time at Airdrie (development squad won the league).
Although I could be wrong. But if the club are to retain the ethos of Youth development then Stephen would be the appropriate fit.

23 minutes ago, Urris67 said:

The vacancy has only just been advertised.
In my opinion Mark is an excellent coach.
Stephen is very similar although he was very successful during his time at Airdrie (development squad won the league).
Although I could be wrong. But if the club are to retain the ethos of Youth development then Stephen would be the appropriate fit.

They only tweeted Mark left, then advertise then ye find there's a replacement already sounds a bit like a wee back stab there.

Mark for the record brought half the BSC 1st team in from his own youth development with the u20s.... 

Edited by newcastle broon

It's always a difficult balance between youth and experience.
I've watched Bsc over the past two years (as a neutral) in the LLL.
The first 2 years in the league they were a very difficult team to beat. Unfortunately this year the team has not reach the same heights.

They only tweeted Mark left, then advertise then ye find there's a replacement already sounds a bit like a wee back stab there.
Mark for the record brought half the BSC 1st team in from his own youth development with the u20s.... 

No appointment has been made as far as I know. So there's no " back stabbing".
It's just my opinion that Stephen would be an ideal replacement.

5 minutes ago, Urris67 said:

It's always a difficult balance between youth and experience.
I've watched Bsc over the past two years (as a neutral) in the LLL.
The first 2 years in the league they were a very difficult team to beat. Unfortunately this year the team has not reach the same heights.

They are sitting mid table in a league where the top 3 are miles ahead of the rest and are playing at a ground about 30/40 miles away. It's nae wonder they're no reaching your heights playing away from home every  week! 

1 minute ago, Urris67 said:

No appointment has been made as far as I know. So there's no " back stabbing".
It's just my opinion that Stephen would be an ideal replacement.

1 hour ago, Urris67 said:

Stephen Findlay: Former Airdrie/Queens Park development coach and latterly manager for Fauldhouse United.

Sounds like your in the know though bringing a post like this to the public domain ;)

4 minutes ago, Urris67 said:

Listen I could be completely wrong!!! Just very familiar with the LL and junior leagues.
As for EK, ES & Spartans you know why they're so far in front without asking the question. Same applies to the Super Junior leagues in the East & West!

Aye because they have much bigger budgets than the rest of the LL no need to ask any questions there. 

But that's going off topic,  back to BSC lets see what the new man can bring in that Mark couldn't, like I said nobody more committed (used to travel through to Rosewell 3 times a week from Glasgow) then builds an u20 team up from scratch at BSC, promoting many of the young laddies to the 1st team and end up playing home games miles away. 

Don't think whoever ends up with the job knows what they're letting themselves in for. 

6 minutes ago, Patches O'Houlihan said:

May I ask (as you mention it in every post) what the relevance is of the ground location to the managerial position? The relevant people were consulted before the move was made, so it was hardly a surprise to anyone? I also don't imagine it will be a surprise to anyone coming into the job.

I also mentioned I have defended yous many times on that front!

I just think that your location at present might put a lot of Glasgow or surrounding area based players off given the amount of junior or even LL competition in the area to which many of your squad at present were brought in from Mark's u20s. 

Anyways good to have brought a wee bit life to the LL forum as it's been deed for weeks now :D

4 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

I also mentioned I have defended yous many times on that front!

I just think that your location at present might put a lot of Glasgow or surrounding area based players off given the amount of junior or even LL competition in the area to which many of your squad at present were brought in from Mark's u20s. 

Anyways good to have brought a wee bit life to the LL forum as it's been deed for weeks now :D

Point taken.

I agree about the forum. 

58 minutes ago, Urris67 said:

Listen I could be completely wrong!!! Just very familiar with the LL and junior leagues.
As for EK, ES & Spartans you know why they're so far in front without asking the question. Same applies to the Super Junior leagues in the East & West!

aye BIG SPENDING Edinburgh City pissed the LL the last two seasons... :lol:

fuxake, unlike Celtic we didn't even have a biscuit tin, it was actually a cigar box (or am I giving away club secrets there...)

I'm quite sure whoever comes in will be well up to speed about the club and where they play their home matches, yes it would be good to play in Glasgow but it is what it is and its a cracking set up and it's only a 35 minute drive from Glasgow

• 4 months later...