Lothian Thistle HV

Took in the away/home game against Tynecastle today.  Professional performance and more clinical in front of goal.

Will be at away game next week but not expecting anything there.

No sign of any progress at Saughton yet but it appears they have planning permission for toilets and enclosure.

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 14:19, Shugster1960 said:

What do you mean "not expecting anything"?

My sentence wasn't exactly cryptic - pretty sure most English speaking P&B regulars will have grasped the context.

For the avoidance of doubt, please refer to Rigano's post where he explained it rather succinctly.

You highlight Hutchie's record this season but I'm not sure why.....I wasn't downplaying their season in any way and, as stated in my original post, they were very professional and clinical against Tynecastle, a team most consider to be the third best team in the league.

And having taken in a number of Hutchie games in recent seasons I really hope they continue their good form into this weekends game.  That being said, I simply believe Leith will have to much for them and I just can't see it happening......or to put it another way - I'm "not expecting anything".

Edited by Bundesliga Boy

5 minutes ago, Shugster1960 said:

Hope your wrong and Hutchie go marching on

Believe me, so do I  :-)  Will be cheering them on as I did last weekend.  Should be a cracking game.  Good to see good things happen to a club who have produced so much talent in the past 25 years or so.

With all the work about to start at Saughton, could we potentially be in a situation that Hutchie could be licensed and end up in a potential end of season play-off with Wigtown & Bladnoch?

Infact if Hutchie do win the league (which is certainly no given), could they go up automatically if the Lowland sticks to its mandatory floodlight policy which was due to begin next season as W&B do not have them. (much like a few actual Lowland sides!). 

With all the work about to start at Saughton, could we potentially be in a situation that Hutchie could be licensed and end up in a potential end of season play-off with Wigtown & Bladnoch?

Infact if Hutchie do win the league (which is certainly no given), could they go up automatically if the Lowland sticks to its mandatory floodlight policy which was due to begin next season as W&B do not have them. (much like a few actual Lowland sides!). 

I'm led to believe W&B would be accepted into the LL but would have to start work on making floodlights a part of the ground!

2 hours ago, theProdigy said:

I'm led to believe W&B would be accepted into the LL but would have to start work on making floodlights a part of the ground!

Floodlights are only requirement for SPFL as far as I'm aware. 

HJ may correct me as there are different standards of lighting. 

Really want them at Ferguson Park but with owning the ground it's not as easy as council facilities to get funding  ? 

Floodlights are only requirement for SPFL as far as I'm aware. 
HJ may correct me as there are different standards of lighting. 
Really want them at Ferguson Park but with owning the ground it's not as easy as council facilities to get funding  ? 

Yeah your right... SPFL have it as a requirement however, the LL would like you to (not a must though)!

And I believe there are different standards but that's just in the SPFL

20 hours ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

Would be brilliant if LTHV could get licensed.  Surely they would have potential to finish in the top half of the Lowland League.  They were always consistently good performers in the East of Scotland League before the Lowland League formed and now they're very dominant (along with Leith).  Teams like Selkirk and Preston must be pretty worried about the prospect of being relegated.  I don't think it will be very easy for them to win the league with LTHV and Leith Athletic in it.

Would be great to see relegation from the Lowland League every season.  The pyramid may be incomplete without the juniors but to at least see new teams coming in and the weakest being relegated out would improve it a lot and make things far more interesting.

Edited by stanley

1 hour ago, stanley said:

Would be brilliant if LTHV could get licensed.  Surely they would have potential to finish in the top half of the Lowland League.  They were always consistently good performers in the East of Scotland League before the Lowland League formed and now they're very dominant (along with Leith).  Teams like Selkirk and Preston must be pretty worried about the prospect of being relegated.  I don't think it will be very easy for them to win the league with LTHV and Leith Athletic in it.

Would be great to see relegation from the Lowland League every season.  The pyramid may be incomplete without the juniors but to at least see new teams coming in and the weakest being relegated out would improve it a lot and make things far more interesting.

I'd like a 2 up 2 down from either SOS EOS Highland league. Would make it that more exciting especially for Lowland teams wanting to stay in that league.

Lothian/Hutchie have always had aspirations to expand, and for years been touted to be building a stadia/complex like Spartans but never really got the planning permission to do so. I believe more money should be invested in grassroots as a whole to stop dross like myself coming through the ranks.