Queens Park v. Airdrie 7th Jan 2017

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This state of affairs was due to panicked signings at the start and the delusion by many that Scott Stewart could do a job at right back.

who was your right back in our previous meetings? Guy with long hair in game at airdrie was excellent caused us all sorts of problems...

Thought we were great today . Brady was fantastic as were all the team . Thought Airdrie fans were poor . Booing their team and booing the QP player as he went off injured maybe full time fans have a different perspective on the game now . I agree with a lot of your support your defence were poor . Hope Gus asked his son in law over for dinner tonight should be a laugh . 

To be honest I think it was just frustration on our part on how badly things were going for our side. I was going to say team, but that would be a massive contradiction.

We looked liked eleven guys picked up from outside the 100 Acre, wanting a game with a well organised professional team from up the road.

Same old story - basic mistakes, we'll work hard in training to rectify them.

DAF is absolutely correct Queens were better managed everybody new their job and their determination and commitment to the game was something to be seen. Why then berate the lads, yes they were awful, yes the commitment was not there, yes they are showing no composure  which makes the question what kind of leadership have the got answer Zilch! We have an untried untested coach in Wilson who has no clue how to motivate and prepare players for the task. We have an absent director of football who does not appear to be part of what's happening and only berates our players on air. We have a chairman who stumbles from one bad decision after another. Is it no wonder our guys can't perform! Queens manager was very animated throughout the game, encouraging, supporting, our looked like he had just missed the last bus. It's not the lads we should be jumping at but the bunglers who are supposed to be managing them.

Incidentally, with regard to my moaning about the lack of action taken by the club in terms of promoting the game and getting people through the gates as we did against Clyde a couple of years ago, 10 minutes up the road at Newlandsfield there was a crowd of over 1,000 at Pollok v Auchinleck Talbot. We managed 922, which was actually less than the crowd on the opening day against Airdrie.

Had the club dropped the prices and sent out a load of comps locally, we'd have been comfortably over 1,000. That would also probably have brought extra business to the social club and the club shop. Also, given that we put on a very decent showing, who's to say that a few of the folk who would potentially have come along wouldn't have come back at some point later on in the season to pay full price and use the social club again? The fact that the local junior club managed a bigger crowd than us on the day that no other senior games took place in Glasgow and considering that the team we were playing had a decent following should be seen by the club as nothing short of a spectacular failure.

Incidentally, with regard to my moaning about the lack of action taken by the club in terms of promoting the game and getting people through the gates as we did against Clyde a couple of years ago, 10 minutes up the road at Newlandsfield there was a crowd of over 1,000 at Pollok v Auchinleck Talbot. We managed 922, which was actually less than the crowd on the opening day against Airdrie.
Had the club dropped the prices and sent out a load of comps locally, we'd have been comfortably over 1,000. That would also probably have brought extra business to the social club and the club shop. Also, given that we put on a very decent showing, who's to say that a few of the folk who would potentially have come along wouldn't have come back at some point later on in the season to pay full price and use the social club again? The fact that the local junior club managed a bigger crowd than us on the day that no other senior games took place in Glasgow and considering that the team we were playing had a decent following should be seen by the club as nothing short of a spectacular failure.

And have the pie queues even longer, f**k that

Why do the highlights look even worse than in real life?

Queens thoroughly deserved their win but Airdrie's defending scares the shit out of me.

At the first the move started with a bad pass from the otherwise excellent McIntosh.   Great break from Queens and a really sweet finish but it's embarrassing watching Gorman play for offside only to find that clueless twat Boateng aimlessly backing off and ruining Gorman's work.

At the 2nd the camera unfortunately  doesn't show you Boateng utterly f**king up.   He was actually marking the eventual scorer as the f/k was being struck.   He's still standing rooted to the same spot, sucking his thumb, wondering what he's doing.   Look at Hutton asking why the scorer  is in acres.

Several players are being targetted by the fans for shit like poor passing or percieved attitude/workrate but it's literally that useless f**king monstrosity that is ruining the whole team.

At the 2nd the camera unfortunately  doesn't show you Boateng utterly f**king up.   He was actually marking the eventual scorer as the f/k was being struck.   He's still standing rooted to the same spot, sucking his thumb, wondering what he's doing.   Look at Hutton asking why the scorer  is in acres.

You do in this one.

Turn the sound down if wee girlie screams don't float your boat.

The first QP was a nice move and finish but came from a mistake from McIntosh. The second was the kind of goal we've conceded all season. Boateng is just standing ball watching. I wouldn't even have him on the bench next week. I realise he is under contract but I would get shot of him now.... I'm sure we could start a collection to help the club pay him off. 

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jarss said:

The first QP was a nice move and finish but came from a mistake from McIntosh

I did write that on a few occassions.   Two wrongs dont make a right but passes in midfield do go wrong but your still looking for your defence to do it's job.

We had a lot of misplaced passes on Saturday, more than usual tbh from a variety of sources.

Despite all the shit going on I have thought McIntosh is turning in to a really decent player.    I was well impressed the past few weeks seeing him rampaging down the right wing, dropping a shoulder and skinning the left backs and getting good balls in.    Defensively he seems a lot more assertive now than earlier in the season.

Apart from his bad pass, his passing has generally been very good too.

The often repeated mistakes are the ones that need eliminated and it ain't happening.   And just like the 1st goal,  mistakes by players backing off and no apparent "game plan" as Gorman presses up yo catch the striker offside only to find bombscare Boateng drift back and play the man on.

Archived