Jump to content

Disabled Teen Kidnapped and Tortured LIve on Facebook. Over Trump "Support?"


Deplorable
 Share

Recommended Posts

Welp. This is going to be the big thing for a couple of days. Kidnappers are in custody and the police aren't saying much. Apparently the victim is a mentally disabled teen who went to school with one of the attackers. CNN is saying that he had spent the previous 24-48 hours with the attackers, so we don't know what led up to the video. It will be interesting to see the full story emerge.

Bernie Sanders campaign press secretary making an early run for dumbest position taken on cable news for 2017. She's saying that we have to be careful about defining hate crimes. I'm having trouble following her logic, but she seems to be saying that hate crimes are defined based on the status of the victim and the attackers hatred of that status, and that an attack driven by a general political climate doesn't apply. :huh: Later in the interview she says we can't judge this without looking at the political climate created by Donald Trump and his statements about the first African American President and at his rallies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, placidcasual said:

The four were too wasted to even speak coherently. I doubt there was any political motivation behind this. Idiots gonna idiot.

70 IQs as well as the booze/drugs. Insane levels of stupidity in about 100 different ways here. Will be interesting to find out what everyone is saying. Supposedly the victim is having trouble communicating with police.

What didn't you understand though? They were perfectly coherent.

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

Yep. That's the exchange to which I was referring. I generally support hate crime laws, because they're an attack on all of society rather than an attack on one individual. In a way they are in the same category as terrorism. I was under the impression that's why we started passing these laws. She has a strange interpretation.

Edited by Deplorable
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

For a start attacks like this on those with learning disabilities are very often "hate crimes" in that the victims are picked on because of their disabilities. Some of them  will not have the same ability to resist or report the crime as those with better skills, their disabilities makes them an easier target.

There have been a couple of high profile cases like that in the UK so at the easiest, least controversial level, this is very likely a hate crime. But using racial language when attacking someone who you have picked out (almost certainly because of their colour) very strongly indicates a racial motive to what is almost certainly a crime (unless its an elaborate spoof).

This woman appears to be playing into the hands of those who try to present it as "one rule for them and another for us". If someone attacks a disabled white person shouting racially charged slogans at them, I have zero problem calling it a hate crime. 

Edited by dorlomin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Seems to me that spokesman is another Diane Abbott - a racist hiding her hatred behind the colour of her skin.

Don't know who Mrs. Aboott is, but it's just as likely this lady is playing the role on tv that pays her and took a step too far. As soon as I saw it I knew she'd be all over the internet the next day. I think she got a bit out ahead of herself.

Edited by Deplorable
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, looked up Mrs. Abbott on wiki. "Scandinavian people don't know black people, they probably don't know how to take their temperature." On why Finnish nurses shouldn't be hired at her local hospital. Haha. This lady is an actual bigwig in the Labor Party and not just some loudmouth backbencher who gets tv time because they're willing to say crazy things for the camera?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, placidcasual said:

The four were too wasted to even speak coherently. I doubt there was any political motivation behind this. Idiots gonna idiot.

They picked up a mentally handicapped guy and tortured him. They then referenced him being white and a Trump supporter while they broadcast the crime in the public domain.

It was a hate crime racially and politically. If this was the other way around, there wouldn't even be any sort of debate. That's coming from someone who opened this very skeptically preparing to call bullshit and looking very critically at it. I think that they will be prosecuted in that way too and the local authority is just trying to play things down so they don't end up with a riot on their doorstep (although they may have just inadvertently caused one).

What's sad about this is that this crime will probably spark many others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am certain the OP deeply and genuinely cares about the welfare of disabled people, and isn't merely exploiting this very serious incident to score points on an anonymous forum. I mean, you wouldn't have championed this man's candidacy for President if that were not the case.

151125224106-donald-trump-mocks-reporter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Deplorable said:

Ok, looked up Mrs. Abbott on wiki. "Scandinavian people don't know black people, they probably don't know how to take their temperature." On why Finnish nurses shouldn't be hired at her local hospital. Haha. This lady is an actual bigwig in the Labor Party and not just some loudmouth backbencher who gets tv time because they're willing to say crazy things for the camera?

Just watched a Channel 4 TV news report. C4 has a left wing bias. They wouldn't show the footage as Facebook has removed it??? No mention of hate crime. Apparently the internet can be used for shocking purposes and this was simply a vicious attack, which was live streamed on Facebook, on a disabled man in Chicago by four teenagers. It was sandwiched between an internet bullying report on a young girl and a debate on policing or regulating the Internet to keep young users safe. C4 likes to portray itself as liberal, but it would seem only if you're not white.

The segment lasted for ten min & 30 sec. the sandwich lasted for one min & 20 sec 

Edited by hehawhehaw
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, hehawhehaw said:

Just watched a Channel 4 TV news report. C4 has a left wing bias. They wouldn't show the footage as Facebook has removed it??? No mention of hate crime. Apparently the internet can be used for shocking purposes and this was simply a vicious attack, which was live streamed on Facebook, on a disabled man in Chicago by four teenagers. It was sandwiched between an internet bullying report on a young girl and a debate on policing or regulating the Internet to keep young users safe. C4 likes to portray itself as liberal, but it would seem only if you're not white.

The segment lasted for ten min & 30 sec. the sandwich lasted for one min & 20 sec 

Do you often time news items?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. BLM activists seem to be saying that it's wrong to be outraged by this, but not by police shootings. Or that you're a bad person if you only care about this case. It's false equivalency. I don't care if police shoot a known criminal who's resisting a legitimate arrest and is armed or resisting with extreme force. It doesn't matter if the victim is white or black or the cop is white or black. My direct next door neighbor was shot in the face by police under those circumstances. Nobody in the neighborhood wanted him dead. He was nice enough to me. But everyone understood that when you behave a certain way their are consequences, and police have the right to protect themselves. I would care if a black kid was kidnapped and tortured by white thugs. I think that's a fair opinion.

2. The 24 year old Tanishia Covington deserves a minimum of 40 years. She's a full grown adult with gang affiliation and an already long rap sheet. Two arrests involving stolen cars, domestic battery for attacking a woman holding her baby, stealing alcohol. Already two illegitimate kids from two different dads. Get her out of society for good. I'd say 5 years for the other three who are 18 and have very limited criminal records.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This link has all the videos including more that have been discovered.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/01/brittany-herring-chicago-facebook-live-video-kidnapping-torture-photos-arrested-trump/

6 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I am certain the OP deeply and genuinely cares about the welfare of disabled people, and isn't merely exploiting this very serious incident to score points on an anonymous forum. I mean, you wouldn't have championed this man's candidacy for President if that were not the case.

151125224106-donald-trump-mocks-reporter

I actually spent a fair amount of time as a kid around Downs kids, so I do have good feelings towards those folks.

And the idea that Trump was mocking a disability has been largely debunked. There are videos floating around of him making the same hand movements when describing multiple people who are backing off a position or confused.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Deplorable said:

This link has all the videos including more that have been discovered.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/01/brittany-herring-chicago-facebook-live-video-kidnapping-torture-photos-arrested-trump/

I actually spent a fair amount of time as a kid around Downs kids, so I do have good feelings towards those folks.

And the idea that Trump was mocking a disability has been largely debunked. There are videos floating around of him making the same hand movements when describing multiple people who are backing off a position or confused.

Fucking hell Swampy :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...