Montrose v Elgin City

This fixture last time out was one of the most enjoyable days I've had at the fitba in ages. I expect the Mo to be much better this time round (and the weather too). Hopefully Cooper keeps his place if Stewart is fit.

Comfortably beaten today, though a goal at 0-2 might have made it interesting because we were still going for it. Elgin's work rate off the ball was really good, impressive performance from them on the carpet (again).

Huffed and puffed today but Elgin worthy winners, big solid unit their back four which we could not break down. Hopefully have a few players in for next weekend, and a new striker is a must. Fingers crossed we get Cammy ballantyne till the end of the season also been brilliant the past month.

Frustrating game. I felt we competed well and if it hadn't been for individual errors we could have got something from the game. I didn't think Elgin played particularly well, but with the quality they have up front they were clinical when the opportunities presented themselves. We offered very little in the final third, which I hope Petrie will address this month. However, it's amazing the difference a bit of organisation and belief can do to a team-the difference between Saturday's performance and the last time I watched a game with Hegarty in charge was like night and day. Also refreshing to see a manager communicating to his players during a game. If he can keep getting this level of performance from the team and add a few more decent players during January then we can be fairly confident we'll not be in a relegation dogfight towards the end of the season.

A customer invited me to Montrose for free drink and food so sitting watching was no hardship,I hate to say this but I think Montrose were the unlucky side and Elgin had all the luck, two ex junior players who should be back playing junior and a wee fat guy on the wing who was out run by the linesman and the ballboy and the worst defense in this league, at the start of the game I had Montrose down for at least a draw, the new manager seems to have made a big difference

A customer invited me to Montrose for free drink and food so sitting watching was no hardship,I hate to say this but I think Montrose were the unlucky side and Elgin had all the luck, two ex junior players who should be back playing junior and a wee fat guy on the wing who was out run by the linesman and the ballboy and the worst defense in this league, at the start of the game I had Montrose down for at least a draw, the new manager seems to have made a big difference

Yup, 0-3 unlucky. Time for new specks loon

Archived