Namedropping thread

Irvine Welsh popped into the Windsor for a pint a few months back when we were doing the pub quiz. 

I was disappointed when he didn't throw his glass over his shoulder, Begbie style, and start a fight. Bufftie! 

On 1/4/2017 at 22:15, paranoid android said:

Post here when you meet someone well known/famous/noteworthy...

or not.

This could have been an excellent, if slow, thread which gave us an occasional insight in to posters' lives.  Sadly, the utter losers on here have missed the fucking point.

I met Her Maj in Glasgow Cathedral in 1977 for her silver jubilee.  I also went to the Scottish Cup Final with Gordon Ramsay in 1999.  Both are utterly irrelevant to the thread and I just wish posters could stay on topic.

Had a pint and a blether with the one and only Lemmy Kilmister and one of his road crew in Charles De Gaulle airport about 8 years ago. Everything you might hear about how nice and cool a guy he was is absolutely true IMO. Regardless of whether I meet anyone else famous the rest of my life, I will never ever top that.

RIP Lemmy you absolute fucking legend.

d1b7cf7f3e10cb3f60a9e04491dd64ee.jpg

Just now, 8MileBU said:

Had a pint and a blether with the one and only Lemmy Kilmister and one of his road crew in Charles De Gaulle airport about 8 years ago. Everything you might hear about how nice and cool a guy he was is absolutely true IMO. Regardless of whether I meet anyone else famous the rest of my life, I will never ever top that.

He seems to have got the measure of you.

I knew the boy out of Sweet Sixteen that was a bit of a gangster (or his dad was) and he got murdered a few years ago when someone fired a shotgun through his window.

When I say know him I mean he used to buy drugs from my mate (who now that I think back was also murdered a short time later - never actually made that connection before [emoji15])

Gave Harry Redknapp a gliff when I jumped over a table to give him a hug in Newcastle's Mal Maison, Clive Allen and my boyhood hero Joe Jordan came down the stairs so they got hugged anaw. Joe was  a fucking miserable hoor

14 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

I've met the guy who scored the first goal for Livingston at their new whatever-it's-called stadium.

Changes name every week TBF.

Although I do have to wonder how such a diddy wee nobody can have 100 sponsors for their ground whilst we have had not 1 in 12 years.

Maybe you can sponsor the ground for about £20.

Went to meet my girlfriend recently at her work but had to wait on her as she was dealing with Jose Quitongo who was renewing his home insurance.

I've spoke to a few footballers over the years in my job. Only ever had one be an arsehole and came out with the "do you know who I am" shite.

He was Bolton Wanderers reserve keeper at the time. And they were bottom of the championship.

Seen Chick Young in the local Aldi/Lidl about a year ago. 

Dougie Vipond after the last game at Love Street, good c'nt.

Bumped into Pierre Van Hooijdonk inside the Amsterdam Arena before Holland pumped us 3-0. Shook his hand, seemed pleasant. 

Gordon Strachan in the local Morrisons just before the Ireland away game. I must have jinxed him when I shook his hand. I totally blanked McGhee ^_^.

All about the big hitters for me.

Ach shite knew that would happen. As soon as I posted that I'd remember others.

I dealt with Jonathan Watson and Tommy Sheridan in my old job at Braehead. Also served Hugh Murray, he is a good lad but the most star struck I have ever been was when I met Barry Lavety. He was my childhood idol. 

Edited by sergie's no1 fan

41 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

You 'made up' a story about flinging shite at someone. Phoned the site owner like a sniveling wee cretin.

Away and suck Grimbos cock.

There's no danger that happened.

You 'made up' a story about flinging shite at someone. Phoned the site owner like a sniveling wee cretin.

Yeh I'm pretty sure this didn't happen.

Wow. What a state to get yourself in over, well, f**k knows really.

VT still not giving you that approval you crave from him is tearing you apart.

GTF weirdo.