Namedropping thread

2 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Is there something more to this thread... i.e. rather than someone you met (i.e. saw) in a pub, someone you can actually name as an acquaintance and shoe-horn into any conversation?

Div tried to make this very point when he phoned me earlier to discuss this thread.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

And back on topic....what's the story?

MonkMan's a stripper.

Anyway, the folk who keep verbally abusing Chick Young - it doesn't seem to be working, so could you try another strategy please? Ta.

11 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

I worked in theatre for a few years and met quite a few slebs but the most star-struck I'd ever been was when I served Bruce Foxton a lager tops in a Guildford pub around 1985. Bruce fucking Foxton!

Oh no you didn't!

7 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Lager fucking tops!

I've filed that one away in the memory banks. One day when I'm on Mastermind the question will be "What is Bruce Foxton off of The Jam's preferred alcoholic beverage?" - I'll be a legend.

27 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

One for you old timers...... back in the day, Eve Graham of the New Seekers was in front of me in the queue for bridies at Forfar one midweek.  I was too star struck to say anything to her....as you can imagine.

You Won't Find Another poster with a tale like that.

About 20 years I was driving with my brother down Pollokshaws Road in Glasgow when a people carrier shot out of what was then the Plaza Ballroom forcing myself and another car to slam on the brakes. Following this car was a gaggle of screaming teenage harlots. Out of curiosity we sped up to see who it was but to our utter disappointment we passed them only to discover it was PJ & Duncan in the back.

I could have been killed by Ant & Dec.... 

Be A Wear.

Chancer out of City Lights tapped a couple of draws of a joint off me and my mate at Balloch in the late 90s when Oasis were playing 

GBNF

Chancer aka Andy Gray isn't dead. Iain McColl who played Tam is though. Maybe you're getting your celebs mixed up!

Last night Test cricketers Stuart Broad, Kumar Sangakkara, Kieron Pollard, coach Jason Gillespie and a load of others would have been near me if I'd bothered standing outside the ground mid-afternoon or going to the game at night. It was far too hot so couldn't be fucked going and stayed at home in air conditioned comfort.

Edited by Eednud

23 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Last night Test cricketers Stuart Broad, Kumar Sangakkara, Kieron Pollard, coach Jason Gillespie and a load of others would have been near me if I'd bothered standing outside the ground mid-afternoon or going to the game at night. It was far too hot so couldn't be fucked going and stayed at home in air conditioned comfort.

You totally lost me at this bit.